double standard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: double standard?

Let's be fair here guys. The Gopher fan (snort) has a great point about how everyone should be looking out for their best interest. Wisconsin should get together with the other Big Ten schools that take football seriously and kick Minnesota, Northwestern and Indiana out of the league. They're just sucking money out of teams with stadiums with double their capacity. They can go mope about in CUSA until they feel like getting their act together. My God, Indiana is playing at North Texas tomorrow. That's no way for a Leader or Legend to treat their premiere sport.

/s
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      Let's be fair here guys. The Gopher fan (snort) has a great point about how everyone should be looking out for their best interest. Wisconsin should get together with the other Big Ten schools that take football seriously and kick Minnesota, Northwestern and Indiana out of the league. They're just sucking money out of teams with stadiums with double their capacity. They can go mope about in CUSA until they feel like getting their act together. My God, Indiana is playing at North Texas tomorrow. That's no way for a Leader or Legend to treat their premiere sport.

/s
      Tell you what, how about after Wisconsin wins as many National Championships in football as Minnesota, you come back and make this suggestion. It will never happen in your lifetime, so don't hold your breath.
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
      Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
        Tell you what, how about after Wisconsin wins as many National Championships in football as Minnesota, you come back and make this suggestion. It will never happen in your lifetime, so don't hold your breath.
        Who gives a crap about titles won decades ago?
        The NCHC didn't when they ignored Tech, why should the Big Ten care about Minnesota, which hasn't been relevant in football in 50 years?
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

If these recent realignments in football and hockey have taught us anything, it's that tradition no longer matters, just $$$, so your point is pretty irrelevant...
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            Who gives a crap about titles won decades ago?
            The NCHC didn't when they ignored Tech, why should the Big Ten care about Minnesota, which hasn't been relevant in football in 50 years?
            It has to do with the Haves and haves-nots. Minnesota has multiple national championships in football, and Wisconsin has-not. If Wisconsin is so ****ing awesome, then how come they have a losing record against the horrible Gophers? I guess you guys sucked for longer in the Big Ten then Minnesota. Barry Alvarez almost won a championship in 1993, but he got beat by Minnesota.

but, to answer your question, the Twin Cities is a much larger TV audience than Madison.

Comment

It has to do with the Haves and haves-nots. Minnesota has multiple national championships in football, and Wisconsin has-not. If Wisconsin is so ****ing awesome, then how come they have a losing record against the horrible Gophers? I guess you guys sucked for longer in the Big Ten then Minnesota. Barry Alvarez almost won a championship in 1993, but he got beat by Minnesota.

but, to answer your question, the Twin Cities is a much larger TV audience than Madison.
              1. Not a Badger fan, actually a Gopher fan.
              2. Bigger market yes, but do the Gophers generate more tv revenue than Wisconsin?
              3. Still doesn't mean those titles mean anything in whether the Gophers are relevant in the Big Ten.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Cool. Go hang out with Princeton and Army on that one.

Edit: Seriously, Happy. I'm trying to mock the thread starter that claims similar allegiance to your school and you go and get all serious and factual. Are you running a fever?
                Last edited by bronconick; 09-24-2011, 07:36 AM.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by UMDdangler View Post
                  Seriously? You decided to post on here, just to tear apart someones grammer?
                  ....someone's grammar
                  Last edited by Split-N; 09-24-2011, 10:10 AM.
                  "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    Cool. Go hang out with Princeton and Army on that one.

Edit: Seriously, Happy. I'm trying to mock the thread starter that claims similar allegiance to your school and you go and get all serious and factual. Are you running a fever?
                    it's the off season.

Comment

it's the off season.
                      It apparently still is for the Gopher football team too
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                        It apparently still is for the Gopher football team too

I never said they didn't suck.

Comment

Originally posted by bbutzin View Post
                          Bigger schools are expected to carry a heavier load for "the good of college hockey" because they can.
                          I'd like to find out about a time when that's ever happened, ever. Because it's hard to believe at this point...

Anyone who has been paying attention for the last five years and still has that expectation is a fool.

And, for the record, I blame the hell out of Air Force for pushing over the first domino...
                          Last edited by MikeAnderson; 09-26-2011, 08:21 AM.
                          UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                          2006 Time Person of the Year
                          Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                          It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Originally posted by 7&7 View Post
                            Given the amount of spelling you gopher fans do, albeit not quite as much as in previous years, i would think spelling Bemidji would be a simple task. I stand corrected.

B-E-M-I-D-I-J-I BE-MID-I-JI BE-MID-I-JI GO BE-AVE-ERER-SERS ?

Also I believe you spelled Niagara incorrectly.
                            If you are going to take the time to rip apart someone's use of the language, I would at least try to get it right yourself. Start by capitalizing "I" when you use it to reference yourself. If you're going to begin a sentence with "Also," put a comma after it as a general rule. Also, team names are capitalized as they are proper nouns.

I'm here to help. (c)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
                              I'd like to find out about a time when that's ever happened, ever. Because it's hard to believe at this point...

Anyone who has been paying attention for the last five years and still has that expectation is a fool.

And, for the record, I blame the hell out of Air Force for pushing over the first domino...
                              Wow, after thinking about it you are correct. They were the first school to start this whole mess. Well I still believe DU and UND ruined college hockey.
                              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                                Wow, after thinking about it you are correct. They were the first school to start this whole mess. Well I still believe DU and UND ruined college hockey.
                                Well, you would still be wrong then.

Comment

Working...
                                X