X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Cloud to NCHC

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Gopher fan (and anti-B1G Mistake).

It just lessens my opinion of SCSU (not that it was that high to begin with ) because they decided to play follow the leader instead of actually doing what they said they were going to do. It's such a blatant about-face in such a short time......and that's the administration you want leading your school?
    hmmm-ok.

Let me say this one more time. The situation right now is different than what it was previously if there is an invite. I haven't seen anything from the NCHC yet.

You are a U of MN fan and your team is not in this league so I'm confused as to why you are so hyper-sensitive about this unless you just want to spar. And if this lessens your opinion of SCSU who will lose sleep over that and quite honestly it seems like you probably had an existing disrespect for SCSU hockey anyways.

Look all I did was give my opinion on the matter. If they get an invite and he makes the decision to move believe me it will be a well thought out decision.
    "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Originally posted by Montelena View Post
      hmmm-ok.

Let me say this one more time. The situation right now is different than what it was previously if there is an invite. I haven't seen anything from the NCHC yet.

You are a U of MN fan and your team is not in this league so I'm confused as to why you are so hyper-sensitive about this unless you just want to spar. And if this lessens your opinion of SCSU who will lose sleep over that and quite honestly it seems like you probably had an existing disrespect for SCSU hockey anyways.

Look all I did was give my opinion on the matter. If they get an invite and he makes the decision to move believe me it will be a well thought out decision.
      I do not want to presume this about him, but the general rule is Gophers don't like Huskies; dogs don't like cats.
      A guy sent me a rubber band, paper clip, and drinking straw to help save his dog!

Well, Your Honor. We've got plenty of hearsay and conjecture. Those are kinds of evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
        Jan finally got invited to the prom...
        The Huskies have been going to prom the last 20+ years (WCHA). Some of those years we have been banging your date. Sad you have yet to notice.

Comment

Brent is simply ripping the SCSU administration for being hypocritical when the NCHC was originally started, I think..? While I can't blame him for that(along with his hatred for SCSU as a Gopher fan), I don't think very many people can blame SCSU for changing their mind. It is pretty obvious that this was a good decision for SCSU hockey.
          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
            Because your home games will be played against teams like sue, DU, and UMD that have a much better chance of filling seats than, say BGSU or Ferris St for example. No disrespect to those teams but SCSU will get much better draws from the previously mentioned teams than what they would get from the new look WCHA teams.

EDIT: Euro beat me to it
            Interesting that a Gopher fan has to explain this to him. It's the big picture. It's about aspirations to be the best you can be. It's about giving the coaches the opportunity to recruit the best players they can. It's about season tickets, advertising, sponsorships, radio, TV, naming rights and giving the fans the most competitive schedule possible. It's about pushing the coaches and program to constantly strive for excellence. It's about providing the best possible fan experience and generating as much revenue as possible from the schools flagship athletic program.

Would you rather have SCSU football in the NCC or the NSIC. The answer is obvious.
            "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
              BC UND and tUMD will outdraw BSU and MSU-M crowds, and the rest of the NCHC will outdraw the rest of the remaining WCHA?
              CC & DU were never big draws anyway, and Miami, Western and UNO won't be big ones either.
              We would have kept playing UMD in non-conference anyway and could have done the same with UND.
              BSU & MSUM draw bigger crowds than you think as they are in state (yes we can still play them non-conference)
              Personally I think the attendance issue is likely a wash between the WCHA/NCHC in general terms.
              For me though, I don't think people come if we aren't winning
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I don't understand inviting WMU. Did they really need to appease Miami?
                Go Gophers!

Comment

SCSU and WMU officially invited, per this DU press release.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                    Because your home games will be played against teams like sue, DU, and UMD that have a much better chance of filling seats than, say BGSU or Ferris St for example. No disrespect to those teams but SCSU will get much better draws from the previously mentioned teams than what they would get from the new look WCHA teams.

EDIT: Euro beat me to it
                    Yes but what are their chances of regularly winning the NCHC? What are their chances of making the big dance out of it? I think that is what FTLT is hinting at.

Moneywise it is great but that is a different argument.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I have an idea for a fun game. Take this quote from Brian Faison and substitute what he really thinks for whatever is said in the quote.

"After a thorough and deliberate evaluation process, the National Collegiate Hockey Conference is delighted to extend invitations to St. Cloud State and Western Michigan to become members of what we believe will be the premier college hockey conference in the United States," said Brian Faison, director of athletics at North Dakota and spokesperson for The National's Athletic Directors Committee.

"Both universities fit perfectly with the established goals of our conference membership," said Faison. "Their programs are highly competitive and produce quality student-athletes. Each institution has made significant commitments to the continued success of their hockey programs and they are both located in tradition-rich hockey states. St. Cloud State and Western Michigan, with their passionate fans, will add a great deal to The National and we look forward to welcoming them."

"With the launch of the inaugural season for The National just two years away, and with greater clarity regarding membership, we are confident the strength of our schedules and the success of our teams will produce outstanding hockey with regional and national appeal, and strong contenders for the national championship on an annual basis," Faison added.

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                        Congrats to SUCS for being the fart to squeak by the current WCHA turd, just remember you still stink
                        Fine we're the fart... that still makes you (and DU) the ***-hole that started the whole mess.

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                        For me though, I don't think people come if we aren't winning
                        So in years where we were atrocious, nobody showed up wearing cardinal and black when we played the Gophers because they were just gonna beat us silly?
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Montelena View Post
                          He is a stellar administrator and he is competitive. His accomplishments at SCSU since he's been here have been outstanding. There was no invite at that time. He's stated his position.

I'm not sure what the above has anything to do with what is happening now. It's simply someone sitting on the sidelines grumbling because SCSU may make a decision that's in the best interest of their school.

And, by the way, if the NCHC had/has an issue with any comments previously it certainly hasn't deterred them from apparantly making an invite. So, why should it be a concern of yours. Seems silly to me.
                          Amen.

I can understand the argument on its face that some people may think Dr. Potter would be hypocritical if he accepted the invitation for the NCHC (which it is "delighted" to extend). But most, if not all, these people are not familiar with Dr. Potter. Also a truly strong leader is willing to reconsider decisions, especially if the situation has changed since previous circumstances. We don't have the inside information as to what is being offered to SCSU and what arrangements or agreements have been made by the NCHC.

Comment

I abstain. I don't even know what to think about this.

Now my head hurts from thinking.
                            Originally posted by Skeeterman
                            Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                            "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

I get confused because at one time, the ONLY concern that all of hockey should have (according to many SCSU fans and the administration) was for the betterment of the sport and being sure to save all of the existing programs. NOW SCSU is saying that they are ONLY concerned with what's good for them and to hell with the rest.

I actually think that this is a good move for the two teams, but I am troubled by the hyposcrisy. Oh well, it's going to be what ever it ends up.
                              "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
                                I get confused because at one time, the ONLY concern that all of hockey should have (according to many SCSU fans and the administration) was for the betterment of the sport and being sure to save all of the existing programs. NOW SCSU is saying that they are ONLY concerned with what's good for them and to hell with the rest.

I actually think that this is a good move for the two teams, but I am troubled by the hyposcrisy. Oh well, it's going to be what ever it ends up.
                                Understand. But in college hockey, "the times they are a changing."

Comment

Working...
                                X