Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St. Cloud to NCHC

Originally posted by 5minutemajor View Post
    What are everyone's thoughts on how much more realignment will happen? Obviously the CCHA is done with only two teams remaining. What will Notre Dame do?
    I was going to post something but don't want to get a suspension or banned.
    Originally posted by vizoroo
    Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
    Originally posted by duper
    I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
    Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
    Originally posted by dggoddard
    Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
      Good. Then that makes it all worth it. What's your new school nickname going to be, doofus?
      It is too bad the nickname is going to change - the righteous indignation it would cause the jan brady hypocrites would make it worth keeping.

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
      Well, considering we aren't going to finish last every year(or probably any year), we can ignore that question. When was the last time SCSU finished last in the WCHA, which is a tougher conference?
      Good point - you did manage to finish well ahead of MTU.
      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5minutemajor View Post
        What are everyone's thoughts on how much more realignment will happen? Obviously the CCHA is done with only two teams remaining. What will Notre Dame do?
        The newest reports that I just read said that ND will join the NCHC next week along with Bowling Green.
        Colorado College Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by PenaltyBoxBeast View Post
          The newest reports that I just read said that ND will join the NCHC next week along with Bowling Green.
          Link? Just out of curiosity.

Comment

Originally posted by bbutzin View Post
            Don't know what was posted here. A lot of it depends, I suppose, on how you define "making" or losing" money. I don't want to get into too much detail, not on here. But going over just what's available in the public annual report (which isn't much) on the revenue side, I think you can get a good idea (expenses are, naturally not included). Most recent is 2009-2010.

Hockey generated $1.41 million in ticket revenue.
            Center Ice Club and Tiger Pride generated another ~$180k.
            Gifts (mostly meals and hotels), sponsorships, and licenses another $800k or so (we'll count free stuff as revenues, just for accounting purposes).

That's pretty much it. Except for one great big line item - $350k + endowment allocations to the athletics department.

Not sure if we should count that as revenue or not. You could also view that as a subsidy. But either way, that number can go up and down as much as necessary, as long as the college is committed.

I think it's interesting that non-ticket revenue - community support in the form of clubs, gifts, sponsorships, and endowment contributions - is fully half the annual revenue the program sees. That sort of flies in the face of a lot of the assumptions tossed around on here.
            Join us on facebook or the CC message board.
            Last edited by ronmexico; 09-22-2011, 09:41 PM.
            Originally posted by vizoroo
            Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
            I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
            Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
            Originally posted by dggoddard
            Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by PenaltyBoxBeast View Post
              Interesting. Not sure what to think about Bowling Green as a potential 10th. Bigger-name school. Smaller-time program. Tough. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by bbutzin View Post
                Interesting. Not sure what to think about Bowling Green as a potential 10th. Bigger-name school. Smaller-time program. Tough. Thoughts?
                Every conference needs a bottom feeder...
                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                  Every conference needs a bottom feeder...
                  That's what Western and SCSU will be.
                  University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                    Link? Just out of curiosity.
                    I think he got it from the CC Freedom Blog, which is operated by CC's beat writer.
                    Notre Dame has an open invite from the NCHC and media reports have said the Irish will join sometime next week. The extension also raises the possibility that BGSU could approach the NCHC about becoming the league’s 10th team.
                    Link: http://cchockey.freedomblogging.com/...in-nchc/24813/

In the actual news article Mr. Paisley wrote, he somewhat rephrases what he said in regards to Notre Dame:
                    WMU was waiting on a decision from Notre Dame, which is announcing its decision to join the NCHC or the Big Ten in all sports sometime next week.
                    Link: http://www.gazette.com/articles/earl...#ixzz1YkjKMelj

If you ask me, he's making assumptions and you know what they say about making assumptions....

Comment

Is there a "media report" outside of a blog?

If that's a legitimate source, Missouri would have been part of the Big Ten, SEC, Pac-16 and ACC in the last year.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                        Your team has its own problems, worry about theirs, not ours.
                        They can't do it. It will never happen. They have green gay fudgepacker fan syndrome.
                        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                          They can't do it. It will never happen. They have green gay fudgepacker fan syndrome.
                          So, Viking fans think Packer fans are obsessed with the Vikings? The inferiority complex emanating from Minnesota regarding the Packers is epic.
                          University of North Dakota

National Championships: 8
                          Frozen Fours: 22
                          Conference Titles: 17
                          14 consecutive NCAA tournament appearances

Comment

well idk what all the *****ing is about here, but I'm kinda excited SCSU will be in the conference, even though UMD would probably play them each year regardless. I'm just a little surprised, it seems like this league was a UND/DU collaboration, and I figured UND would want to keep SCSU out of the league for some political reasons... but maybe their hate has been more focused towards the NCAA now
                            I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                              I didn't expect gay-bashing out of Minnesota. It's always struck me as a fairly progressive place.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                                The NCAA couldn't stop them from duplicating a name. We've currently got two teams of Huskies and two teams of Mavericks; there could certainly be two teams of gophers. Heck, a flickertail isn't much different than a gopher anyway.
                                *****http://www.sandsexoticanimals.com/care/groundsquirrel-care.jpg******
                                Speaking of names, with St. Cloud State University joining the National Collegiate Hockey Conference which many people are referring to lately as "The National", does that mean that currently SCSU is playing in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association or "The Western"?

Comment

Working...
                                X