Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Irish Hockey: Straight Inta Compton

Originally posted by SwedishJustice22 View Post
    Here is what was posted as the status of the official "Hockey Night in South Bend" Facebook page (which is run by someone at the school):

I dont like this one bit. I have stayed quiet during this whole thing so the elders could share their knowledge as your opinions matter more than mine since I only have 5 year invested in this club, but I just feel like us season ticket holders are getting screwed. None of us season ticket holders are going to be able to see any away games at all and the TV deal like someone said earlier means jack crap to us as well because we will be seeing all the home games live. I got my hopes up with the NCHC which just seemed to scream "fit for ND" but nope. Got let down again. Personally I don't care about football independence and would just love to see them join the Big 10 so we could run laps around what will (outside of Michigan and sometimes Mich State) a very weak conference for a few years, but that is a subject for another time. I will try to keep my anger down by counting the days until the new barn but I will not be happy with this at all probably for years to come
    I wouldn't forget about The Goofers and the BADgers in a few years.
    "My greatest achievement."
    Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

I dont like this one bit. I have stayed quiet during this whole thing so the elders could share their knowledge as your opinions matter more than mine since I only have 5 year invested in this club, but I just feel like us season ticket holders are getting screwed. None of us season ticket holders are going to be able to see any away games at all and the TV deal like someone said earlier means jack crap to us as well because we will be seeing all the home games live. I got my hopes up with the NCHC which just seemed to scream "fit for ND" but nope. Got let down again.
      The only thing the NCHC would have gotten you as far as away games is WMU and maybe Miami, depending on how far you want to drive. The ship of convenient away games sailed when the CCHA fell apart and the teams that are an easy drive from ND went their separate ways. I think you're likely to get some good opportunities in non-conference play, given the relatively light conference schedule that the BTHC and Hockey East will be playing.
      Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
      Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
        The only thing the NCHC would have gotten you as far as away games is WMU and maybe Miami, depending on how far you want to drive. The ship of convenient away games sailed when the CCHA fell apart and the teams that are an easy drive from ND went their separate ways. I think you're likely to get some good opportunities in non-conference play, given the relatively light conference schedule that the BTHC and Hockey East will be playing.
        I went to a ton of WMU and Miami games. IDK. I just liked the looks of the NCHC and just seemed to make a lot more sense than HE. Obviously I am not Notre Dame so there must have been factors that made one better than the other, hopefully than just the TV deal. I just hope this doesn't have an effect on our team in the coming years (recruiting being the number one worry for me)
        TJ TJ Tynan....KING OF THE WILD FRONTIER

Comment

Personally I don't care about football independence and would just love to see them join the Big 10 so we could run laps around what will (outside of Michigan and sometimes Mich State) a very weak conference for a few years, but that is a subject for another time.
          When you mention relatively weak Big 10, which sport are you referring to?

Comment

I went to a ton of WMU and Miami games.
            So you were our 1 visiting fan!

jk...kinda..well..not really

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              When you mention relatively weak Big 10, which sport are you referring to?
              All sports. I come from the camp that really doesn't care about Football independence.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
                Also, if Notre Dame joined the NCHC, I don't think WMU would have been a part have been a part of it. NCHC schools have expressed a preference for an eight team conference and I think St. Cloud St. would have gotten the nod.
                Notre Dame Hockey
                Reigning Big Ten Champions
                Reigning CCHA Champions
                Hockey East Lineal Champions

Comment

All sports. I come from the camp that really doesn't care about Football independence.
                  That's fine. If I'm understanding you correctly, I thought you meant ND would run laps around Big Ten football competition. If so, I don't know how you can say that with a straight face.

Comment

I wouldn't read too much into McMahon's garbage. He basically copies and pastes. Just look at his recent blog post regarding the new MC freshmen. A straight copy and paste job from MC's athletic site. While I agree with his pre-season rankings, he basically just goes off stats and doesn't provide any insightful analysis. He didn't even play the game in high school. He has no inside info on ND hockey or their television situation.

Comment

• Re: Irish Hockey: Straight Inta Compton

Originally posted by ND Hockey View Post
                      Also, if Notre Dame joined the NCHC, I don't think WMU would have been a part have been a part of it. NCHC schools have expressed a preference for an eight team conference and I think St. Cloud St. would have gotten the nod.
                      I think Notre Dame could of pulled in WMU if the Irish had acted quickly and wanted to join the NCHC. That being said, once Notre Dame started jerking the chain, I'm real happy the NCHC got SCSU.

Now that its all said and done, best of luck to Notre Dame out east. Down the road, it will be real interesting to hear who was on what side of the fence internally at ND.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        That's fine. If I'm understanding you correctly, I thought you meant ND would run laps around Big Ten football competition. If so, I don't know how you can say that with a straight face.
                        Oh no. I was only talking about hockey really. Football has a ways to go and even then they would never run laps around teams in that conference, as there is usually at least one power house there at all times. Basketball they would far decently I believe but then again would never run laps around the conference. So like I said it was purely just a hockey comment,but I know its only a matter of time before Wisconsin and Minnesota get good again

Comment

Congrats on the move to Hockey East!

Comment

I found this on the same website that reported the press conference. Will hopefully find full remarks later.

http://wp.me/p1Of6y-35
                            Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Notre Dame streamed the press conference on their website, tuned in at the end - league will drop to 2 game against each conference opponent next year instead of the current 3, likely to all be 1 home, 1 away but they haven't worked out the details yet.
                              "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                              Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                              NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                              EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                              AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                              1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Well, I for one am glad that the important off-ice topics are now finished. We can play some hockey. As I posted earlier, I was pretty agnostic throughout this whole thing. Once it became obvious there was major change coming, I knew there would be things we'd all have to get used to. I'm looking at only the good things that are on tap from the positives of the previous few years and going forward. The conference destination was just one aspect of all of it.

Notre Dame fans can look forward to new teams to play, new refs to hate, and new USCHO posters to tolerate. Or not, as whatever the case may be. Hockey East folks can look forward to much of the same with us too.

Now it's time to try our luck with the defending champs, maybe exact a little tiny amount of revenge, and looking forward to closing out the Joyce and ushering in a new era at the CFIA.

Comment

Working...
                                X