Potsdam Bears 2011-2012 season....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potsdam Bears 2011-2012 season....

Well its time to start a new thread for the Bears as the season is right around the corner. The roster will most certainly have a different look to it this season after last season. I need to stop by Maxcy and watch one of the pre-season skates to see what we will have this season. From what I have heard, don't be surprised if the Bears have a successful season. Are we to be considered on par with the likes of Oswego or Plattsburgh, probably not....yet. I got a gut feeling the Bears might turn some heads this season.
    LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Re: Potsdam Bears 2011-2012 season....

Any word on the rink changes? Will be making the 4 hour trip in November. Going to be a hard ticket to get now probably.

I agree with the Bears. I want to move them up in my rankings, but with a total turn over, it could end up being very good or very bad. As a Bear fan I'm sure you're hoping for it all to work. I think you might also see the Bears be a very tough team by the end of the season as well. With all the turmoil, with coaches changing, administration issues, fin aid issues, players jumping ship...sometimes starting over is the best thing to do. The Bears will surprise a few teams and could play spoiler to a few top tier teams. I wouldn't take them lightly.
    Remy Babineaux
    remyb616@gmail.com
    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Tickets? I wouldn't worry about obtaining them. I keep hearing the renovations are being planned to begin in March 2012.
      LETS GO BEARS!

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Hoping I can make it up there when the Wego plays in Potsdam, but it's hard to get time off in the winter at the paper because of all the high school and college sports.
        Twitter: DanMountSports
        2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
          Tickets? I wouldn't worry about obtaining them. I keep hearing the renovations are being planned to begin in March 2012.
          It is my understanding, that under the recommendation of SUNY Chancellor Nancy L. Zimpher and the SUNY Board of Trustees and Sen. Patty Ritchie, that research/analysis of sharing (despite Canton's strong disagreement) not only the college president (Potsdam's John F. Schwaller), but also the extremely expensive ice arena, of which SUNY Canton is nearing completion.
          Last edited by norm1909; 09-15-2011, 05:33 PM.
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I don't forsee the 2 schools sharing an ice arena.
            LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

If politics/politicians weren't the catalyst, I would agree 100%, but ....
              Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Why not just get it out of the way and say they want to merge the two schools? That's what they want.
                Twitter: DanMountSports
                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Im sure its listed somewhere but Canton is building their rink on campus correct? I dont care how nice it is, if they were to move Potsdam there is would be a HUGE set back for Potsdam. They are finally getting some good student attendence, putting the rink 15 miles away would kill anything Potsdam had. Putting a rink 10-15 miles away from the school would only work with a small (very small) handful of schools.

I know there have been several schools who are now combining administration to save jobs for the core of their schools and still give students smaller and more classrooms to choose from.
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                    Why not just get it out of the way and say they want to merge the two schools? That's what they want.
                    I thought Clarkson and Potsdam State were going to merge?

Actually, given the cooperation that has been shown in the past among the North Country schools, I would imagine that if Potsdam needed a rink, Clarkson would offer theirs. There would have to be some scheduling quirks to get around the CCT men's and women's team usage, but I'm sure it could be worked out.

And there is always Pine Street....
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      I thought Clarkson and Potsdam State were going to merge?
                      Clarkson athletics wouldn't survive the shock of having national championships in their trophy case

In all seriousness, I think the main problem if Clarkson were to offer Cheel is that this wouldn't be so much of a "sorry your ice melted, dudes" goodwill case, and consequently there would be a hefty price tag attached. Of course, I might just be jaded from the absolutely ridiculous pricing scheme that leaves Plattsburgh State's baseball field empty and overgrown all summer.
                      Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
                      A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
                      A Handful of ECAC West Championships
                      A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
                      Some National Championships:
                      Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
                      Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

Originally posted by Dyce View Post
                        Clarkson athletics wouldn't survive the shock of having national championships in their trophy case
                        That sir, is a low blow! I have enough of an inferiority complex being an alum of the only NC school not to have an NC trophy in the case, but please don't rub it in. Jaslow does that enough!

In all seriousness, I think the main problem if Clarkson were to offer Cheel is that this wouldn't be so much of a "sorry your ice melted, dudes" goodwill case, and consequently there would be a hefty price tag attached. Of course, I might just be jaded from the absolutely ridiculous pricing scheme that leaves Plattsburgh State's baseball field empty and overgrown all summer.
                        There is precedent. When SLU was redoing Appleton, they skated at Tech (as did we when the Clarkson Arena was expanded in the early 70's) and did it again when Appleton underwent repairs due to an errant zamboni. I don't think the rent (if any) was exorbitant. IIRC, we rent Cheel out to local groups for around $100/hr.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Just to end any thoughts or otherwise, Potsdam WILL be renovating Maxcy in March of 2012. I confirmed it yesterday with those who are directly involved in the process.
                          LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Just to end any thoughts or otherwise, Potsdam WILL be renovating Maxcy in March of 2012. I confirmed it yesterday with those who are directly involved in the process.
                            And I must admit to some off-season teasing (since it is too early for April 1)
                            Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

And to think I had a pleasant discussion with a diehard Cardinal fan this weekend at the races. The words pleasant and Plattsburgh fan do not usually go together.
                              LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Working...
                              X