ECAC West 2011-2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECAC West 2011-2012

Seems like the right time to make pre-season predictions.

Elmira
    RIT
    Plattsburgh
    Utica
    Neumann
    Oswego
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Buffalo State
    Chatham
    Cortland
    Potsdam

Can this league produce a national champion?
    Last edited by LaRondelle; 09-12-2011, 09:27 PM.

Re: ECAC West 2011-2012

Originally posted by LaRondelle View Post

Elmira
    RIT
    Plattsburgh
    Utica
    Neumann
    Oswego
    Buffalo State
    Chatham
    Cortland
    Potsdam

This league can absolutely produce a national champion.

The top three teams in the league are as good as it gets and all three should be in the mix this season come February and March. Elmira had an off year last year but from alk accounts it sounds like they have a stellar recruiting class coming in this season to help get the Soaring Eagles back to where they usually are.

I don't know if I would put them as the preseason favorite in the West. I think that even with RIT's loss of three All-Americans, they still return a boatload of talent and will be there again at the end.

The thing I'm more curious to see is if the Neumann/Oswego/Utica trio can continue to close the gap between the second tier of the league and the top tier. If they do, jesus the ECAC West schedule gets that much tougher.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Elmira
      RIT
      Plattsburgh
      Utica
      Neumann
      Oswego
      Buffalo State
      Chatham
      Cortland
      Potsdam

RIT
      Elmira
      Plattsburgh
      Oswego
      Neumann
      Utica
      Buff St
      Cortland
      Potsdam
      Chatham

Comment

RIT - Just too much talent and goaltending
        Plattsburgh - They had their rebuild year and their goaltending will be improving.
        Elmira - Not seeing that goalie to take them to the top yet

Neumann - They'll be back
        Utica - Consistent, but not building fast enough
        Oswego - not consistent yet

Potsdam - despite the NCAA issues, things are looking up after a solid program startup
        Cortland - a typical Cortland season
        Buff St - Huge loss in net - don't know if they will make that up very soon
        Chatham - starting over once again

Comment

Originally posted by notfromaroundhere View Post
          Plattsburgh - They had their rebuild year and their goaltending will be improving.
          I would agree that their goaltending will be good, but to say it will be "improving" does a disservice to what Ms. Mackrell did last year. I thought she was as good as any netminder in the country.

Comment

Elmira
            RIT
            Plattsburgh
            Utica
            Neumann
            Oswego
            Buffalo State
            Chatham
            Cortland
            Potsdam

Bienvenue a LaRondelle. Presumably someone from "La Belle Province".

Comment

Elmira
              RIT
              Plattsburgh
              Utica
              Neumann
              Oswego
              Buffalo State
              Chatham
              Cortland
              Potsdam

ECAC West will be a three Horse race again with the usual suspects. Like any good horse race, tough to handicap. I'm calling for a good old fashioned Platty-Elmira final, with Platty winning the ECAC West, but Elmira returing the favor at the Final Four, winning over Norwich in the Final.

Comment

J'ai coaché ​​plus il ya quelques années avec diverses équipes de proximité de Pointe-Claire. Ces dernières années, j'ai vu quelques-uns des joueurs sortent des équipes des cégeps et des collèges pour les déplacer vers le sud de hockey. Je suis un fan et non un expert. Je vois beaucoup d'entraîneurs actuels sur les patinoires divers courir la course de rats de trouver les meilleures recrues - D1 et D3.

Comment

Originally posted by OneTimer View Post
                  J'ai coaché ​​plus il ya quelques années avec diverses équipes de proximité de Pointe-Claire. Ces dernières années, j'ai vu quelques-uns des joueurs sortent des équipes des cégeps et des collèges pour les déplacer vers le sud de hockey. Je suis un fan et non un expert. Je vois beaucoup d'entraîneurs actuels sur les patinoires divers courir la course de rats de trouver les meilleures recrues - D1 et D3.
                  You are obviously messaging "La Rondelle". Like you very familiar with the hockey on the West Island and the CEGEP loop, although not as familiar with the current crop compared to those in the past.

Comment

I am pretty sure I know who Mssr. LaRondelle is. He knows his hockey. He is the expert and I am certainly the fan.

Comment

Originally posted by spike View Post
                      I would agree that their goaltending will be good, but to say it will be "improving" does a disservice to what Ms. Mackrell did last year. I thought she was as good as any netminder in the country.
                      Probably not well put and not meant to disrespect Ms Mackrell. I was looking at coming out of a rebuild with a new netminder (who is not a slouch) who didn't play last year IIRC and probably will be improving as the season progresses.

Comment

Monsieur OneTimer, les compliments me font penser que vous devez emprunter de l'argent ou espérons veux juste une bière quelque part. Avez-vous vos billets de saison Tricolore encore? Pourquoi ne pas aller à un match pré-saison au moins? Quelle équipe cégep ne vous plaît le plus cette année?

Thanks OnMaa, thanks for noticing me. Are you excited about the new season?

Comment

Monsieur OneTimer, les compliments me font penser que vous devez emprunter de l'argent ou espérons veux juste une bière quelque part. Avez-vous vos billets de saison Tricolore encore? Pourquoi ne pas aller à un match pré-saison au moins? Quelle équipe cégep ne vous plaît le plus cette année?

Thanks OnMaa, thanks for noticing me. Are you excited about the new season?
                          Always excited about the new season this time of year. Everybody is in first until the games start. WRT your CEGEP question, expect to see several CEGEP teams in action over the next few weeks to form an early opinion. At the US front, more involved with D1, but follow D3 as well, since I have connections with several of the teams through friends.
                          Last edited by OnMAA; 09-14-2011, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Im pretty sure the Top 3 of the conference are gonna fall:

1. Platty
                            2. RIT
                            3. Elmira

The rest is anyone's guess but mine is:

4. Oswego
                            5. Neumann
                            6. Utica
                            7. Cortland
                            8. Potsdam
                            9. Buff State
                            10.Chatham
                            Last edited by Tweedle Dee; 09-14-2011, 01:56 PM.
                            RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

And next year, you get a new team - Stevenson U (Baltimore). They just hired their first head coach:

http://gomustangsports.com/sports/wi...eleases/091611
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                              X