• Show
Clear All

• D-III Identity Kits available.

From the NCAA News of the Day:

Schools to receive DIII identity kits this month
    Sep 6, 2011 10:22:23 AM

By Jack Copeland
    The NCAA News

Every Division III member institution and each multisport conference will receive kits containing new branded materials promoting the division’s identity initiative this month, as well as a new $500 credit for purchasing a variety of additional products from the Division III purchasing website.

The kits, which respond to requests for resources that can be used in various indoor and outdoor settings, will include feather flags, microphone flags, wind-slitted banners and portable signage, all bearing Division III’s “Discover/Develop/Dedicate” logo and messaging.

The kits will be shipped in late September to conference commissioners (who also will receive a branded table throw) and to institutional sports information directors.

Division III also again is offering a credit for obtaining customizable resources bearing the initiative’s marks, as well as institutional or conference logos. More than 90 percent of Division III institutions made use of a credit offered during 2010-11 to purchase materials for use in supporting the activation of the Division III strategic-positioning platform and the related identity initiative.

In response to membership requests, and in addition to many of the same co-branded items that were available during 2010-11, Division III also is providing the opportunity to purchase co-branded T-shirts. At least two different shirt designs, including one commemorating Division III’s national partnership with Special Olympics, will be made available through the website beginning this month.

Also available are several new initiative-branded products, including a table throw, water cooler and lanyards.

The $500 credit may be used anytime before Aug. 31, 2012.

The kit plus $500 credit represent a slightly different approach to providing identity initiative resources during 2011-12. Last year, conferences and schools received a $1,000 credit to obtain customizable and initiative-branded resources from the purchasing website.

Schools on average used about two-thirds of the 2010-11 credit, ordering primarily customizable items. That fact, combined with requests for more resources that are suitable for outdoor use, prompted taking a portion of identity initiative funds that might otherwise have been allocated during 2011-12 to the credit and instead creating the kits.

By bulk-ordering items such as flags and banners and shipping them in kits, Division III is able to provide more resources in a cost-effective manner, while still providing schools and conferences with a significant credit to apply toward purchasing co-branded items.

A number of free resources ranging from website graphics to videos also remain available for membership use, though instead of obtaining those through the purchasing website, they now are available through the Division III home page on the password-protected side of www.ncaa.org.

Additional details about how to access the purchasing website (including password information) and about content of the kits will be provided through email listservs maintained by the National Association of Division III Athletics Administrators and Division III College Sports Information Directors of America, and through other means of communication with conference commissioners, directors of athletics and sports information directors.

Questions regarding 2011-12 identity initiative programs and resources may be directed to Jack Copeland at jcopeland@ncaa.org. Also, ideas for the development of future resources or suggestions of content for news articles, videos and other promotional materials may be shared at the email address that Division III has established exclusively for the identity initiative: d3identity@ncaa.org.

Jack Copeland is a consultant for the Division III identity initiative.
    Just what we need! Posters! Microphones! Flags!! SMOG!!!!

I'd settle for 8% of the NCAA budget.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: D-III Identity Kits available.

Do the feather flags come in a size suitable for hanging from my rearview mirror? If so, I'm all over it.
    I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

You can never have too many Moebius themed items
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

What I would do for a wind slitted banner....

Comment

can I buy a green and gold cooler that they will let me into the Campus Center with.........I promise not to put anything but soda and sippies in there

Comment

And I was just telling people that Plattsburgh's microphones were looking a little drab...
            Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
            A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
            A Handful of ECAC West Championships
            A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
            Some National Championships:
            Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
            Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

I have just included "NCAA D-III table throw" in my ebay search terms!
              2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
              2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
              2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
              2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
              2009 D-III TOP runner-up
              Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
              1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Wonder how many of the decorous items we will see outside of the Herb Brooks Arena next March????
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                X