Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska-Anchorage Seawolves 2011-2012 Thread - Here We Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alaska-Anchorage Seawolves 2011-2012 Thread - Here We Go!

Originally posted by seawolffan View Post
    Well, Spencer looked great this weekend. End of story.
    Yeah, Spencer ranked #1 in the nation

I still predict the most improvements will be from the freshmen (SO this year)from historic numbers. Spencer didn't play much last year due to injury so his SO breakout is this year.

So I expect major goals or points improvement from SO class this year:
    Jordan Kwas 4-20 .... 10-30 this year
    Matt Baily 10-10 ... 20-15 this year
    Brett Cameron 4-8 .... 10-16 this year

Mickey Spencer 20-15 (Honorary SO)

Only negative was Defensive breakdown, transition game looked much improved.

Comment

That was one of the most entertaining and hand wringing games I've seen in a long time. I was heart broken when the Huskies tied it up with 42 seconds in the game, but it made the OT winner that much sweeter. These guys played like a team, and they all gave 100%. So many of the guys have improved so much from last season, it is going to be a fun year.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Congrats on a nice OT win Seawolves.

Spencer had a huge game and ate our lunch. Thanks for exposing our glaring weaknesses early in the season. I hope UAA remains tough as hell at home all season long.

Hopefully the Huskies take note and learn quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
          Congrats on a nice OT win Seawolves.

Spencer had a huge game and ate our lunch. Thanks for exposing our glaring weaknesses early in the season. I hope UAA remains tough as hell at home all season long.

Hopefully the Huskies take note and learn quickly.
          Thanks for the well wishes! I think the Husky defense might be young, and it showed. Good luck (until UAA plays you again).
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Congrats to Mickey Spencer on INCH national player of the week, most likely will get WCHA Offensive player of the week too
            Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
              Congrats to Mickey Spencer on INCH national player of the week, most likely will get WCHA Offensive player of the week too
              Ditto! Great for Mickey and UAA. Good times, with more to come!!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

oh yeah definately more to come
                Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Well i gotta say that was one great weekend for the Wolves. Some key things i noticed this weekend

1. Freshman started to get involved in the scoreline, with Mellor getting a goal & assist, and docken & coldwell picking up helpers to.

2. We have 2 starting goalies who could take us very far this year, farther than we have gone since joining the WCHA

3. Like the fact we are averaging less than 8 minutes a game on the PK.

Now we head to Omaha, where's the beef?

GO WOLVES

Comment

Anyone notice that the Aces took down Brush Christiansen's retired jersey and the Governor's Cup banner in order to unfurl some more of their own this weekend? They didn't do that in previous years.

All of you teams that either have on-campus arenas... or who don't share your arena with another popular hockey team don't know how good you have it!!

*****http://i291.***********.com/albums/ll300/bluemontana/acesopeningnight.jpg******

Hope Brush's jersey is back in its place before the first game!
                    Last edited by AlaskaRox; 10-17-2011, 12:14 AM.

Comment

I knew one of these days it would come and the Aces would take off all the UAA stuff, although i have seen the GOV Cup signs off when the aces play. I'm pretty sure they will be back up for the goofer series.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
                        Hope Brush's jersey is back in its place before the first game!
                        People that go to UAA games know Brush, either personally or at least by reputation. I'm sure that it would be in everyone's best interest to return that jersey to the rafters before the next UAA game. Unfortunately, it has happened in the past where UAA's banners have disappeared for the Aces. The WCHA banner that hangs by the US and AK flags usually goes down, along with a few others on an "as needed" basis from what I've been told. As a UAA fan, if they don't want to look at our banners than fine. But we're still the "priority" tenant (for the time-being at least), and I certainly don't want to see their banners, so why not take their stuff down for our games? If I want to see Aces stuff I'll go to an Aces game.

Comment

Awesome start to the season for the Wolves! Keep it going guys. Long way yet to go before its time to hang up the skates for the season

Comment

Great start to the season.
                            I think the only weak spots are PK (Penalty Kill 8 13 61.5%): Thank goodness we're taking few penalties. and some defensive breakdowns earlier.

Lots of positives 28.6% PP (Avg Goals 4.25 Shots 38.0) and improved transition game. I guess we're about to find out this week, if it's for real playing @ UNO.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra View Post
                              Great start to the season.
                              I think the only weak spots are PK (Penalty Kill 8 13 61.5%): Thank goodness we're taking few penalties. and some defensive breakdowns earlier.

Lots of positives 28.6% PP (Avg Goals 4.25 Shots 38.0) and improved transition game. I guess we're about to find out this week, if it's for real playing @ UNO.
                              What stood out to me was our inability to win a face off on a consistent basis. Parky did that last season, someone has to step up and start winning these for us.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

That was for one night only. I went to both games and on the Saturday game both of the banners were back up. (Christiansen's jersey and the Governer's Cup banners)
                                Go 'Wolves!

Comment

Working...
                                X