Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAHA LABOR DAY 2011 Tournament

OK- Here is the thread.

Lets hear everyone's comments about the tournament, teams, scores, players, coaches and of course local resturants

Re: NAHA LABOR DAY 2011 Tournament

Here is the link to the U19 divisions:

http://www.winter-hawks.org/page/sho...nd-robin-2011-

Comment

http://www.winter-hawks.org/roster/s...ubseason=53086

I think this is a team capable of some damage in the tournament. The strongest roster out of the Minnesota entrants IMO. I have to add, being a little familiar with several of these players and knowing something of what they've been doing and participating in hockeywise all summer and throughout the preceding 2-3 years, I'm constantly amazed at their incredible dedication to the sport. They just go go go between practicing, playing, traveling, practicing and playing more, traveling again and on and on non stop. An obvious love for and dedication to their sport and very impressive to me. I'm sure that applies to all teams and players participating. Impressive also is the dedication of support network for the teams...the coaches and parents. Good luck to all. Wish I was in the neighborhood to catch the action.

Hope I didn't wander too far off topic.
      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

I was a little surprised not to see the Warner Warriors attending this year until I checked their website and noticed they are taking the team to a retreat this long weekend in beautiful Waterton Lakes National Park in Southern Alberta. Hmmm...maybe they have it right...

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=pictur...w=1280&bih=576
        Last edited by 5 4 Fighting; 09-01-2011, 10:02 PM. Reason: spell chick

Comment

Always interesting to see who the MN teams actually bring. Ususally they are missing several early commits and fall sports participants. Looks like only four on WHitecaps U-19 (Carlson, Stecklein, Hanson, Illikanian) are missing this year when you compare NAHA roster with Whitecaps site. They should be very competitive as will their 17's who are playing up. Looks like Brandt and Stecklein will be back from 12 Nations for this tourney. Always a great tourney and a good showcase for coaches out here Should see a strong uptick on 12-13' commitments in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by puckskillz View Post
            Always interesting to see who the MN teams actually bring. Ususally they are missing several early commits and fall sports participants. Looks like only four on WHitecaps U-19 (Carlson, Stecklein, Hanson, Illikanian) are missing this year when you compare NAHA roster with Whitecaps site. They should be very competitive as will their 17's who are playing up. Looks like Brandt and Stecklein will be back from 12 Nations for this tourney. Always a great tourney and a good showcase for coaches out here Should see a strong uptick on 12-13' commitments in a few weeks.
            Agreed. I also question the NAHA rosters. Often times the Ice Cats and Whitecap U19 teams are missing players because players that have already committed to colleges drop out. I heard that Austin (Yale) from the Ice Cats and Brandt (Minnesota) from the Whitecaps aren't attending. I'm sure that there are others too.

Comment

I guess the person that was updating scores on the NAHA website must have gone home at lunch time and never returned.

Please post scores here if you know them.

A lot of family members can't attend games and rely on websites for info.

Comment

Originally posted by CO_Select_Dad View Post
                I guess the person that was updating scores on the NAHA website must have gone home at lunch time and never returned.

Please post scores here if you know them.

A lot of family members can't attend games and rely on websites for info.
                I don't know the score but I heard the Whitecaps Black tied the Colorado Selects if that helps. I also heard the Ice Cats and NAHA White tied too.

Comment

Colorado Select tied Minnesota Whitecaps Black 2-2. Katie McGovern (Gov'Nah) scored both goals for Colorado.

Comment

If we can't cheer for Wayne St here in Mich, I'm rooting for...HoneyBaked!!! (Little Caesars? Shrug)

Comment

Keep the NAHA info coming. I always enjoy reading about this tourney having been there with my kid three times. I guess I'm feeling nostalgic tonight -- thinking about how an average family from MN gets to see places like Burlington, Boston, Lake Placid, etc. Hockey has paved many roads that wouldn't have been traveled without it. It's quite the community that we
                      belong to.
                      Last edited by high slot; 09-02-2011, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by high slot View Post
                        Keep the NAHA info coming. I always enjoy reading about this tourney having been there with my kid three times. I guess I'm feeling nostalgic tonight -- thinking about how an average family from MN gets to see places like Burlington, Boston, Lake Placid, etc. Hockey has paved many roads that wouldn't have been traveled without it. It's quite the community that we
                        belong to.
                        Pittsburgh lost to Ice Cats 3-2, Pittsburgh beat Wizards 3-0 and then lost to Ottawa 5-1. It's kind of brutal though that it was Pitt's 3rd game of the day at 5;30 pm but it was Ottawas 1st.

Comment

Here is the NAHA site to keep updated. Main site also has scores.

http://www.winter-hawks.org/page/sho...day-tournament

Comment

Originally posted by Genbeau View Post
                            If we can't cheer for Wayne St here in Mich, I'm rooting for...HoneyBaked!!! (Little Caesars? Shrug)
                            It's misfortunate what has happened to WSU. And it's misfortunate that you feel a need to bash a overly successful program on this thread.

Please crawl back under the rock you came from.

Comment

Originally posted by uradonkey View Post
                              It's misfortunate what has happened to WSU. And it's misfortunate that you feel a need to bash a overly successful program on this thread.

Please crawl back under the rock you came from.
                              Yeah, you're right. Sorry to bash. That was not only misfortunate,...but unfortunate as well! Good luck to your team.

Comment

Working...
                              X