X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's Time for College Hockey to Leave the NCAA

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
    Naturally this situation calls for

But I'll be ****ed, neither site worked.
    awesome!
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Yes ... those who care a "great deal" could indeed care less. And those that don't care a "great deal" ... let's say they care a "miniscule amount"; could still care less. So obviously, anyone who posts in this forum or with regard to a specific topic comes to the event with some level of care. To say otherwise would be a gross exaggeration.

In other words, your little habit of running around the internet from your cincinnati hovel and posting that little chart is a waste. I could care less otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
        Yes ... those who care a "great deal" could indeed care less. And those that don't care a "great deal" ... let's say they care a "miniscule amount"; could still care less. So obviously, anyone who posts in this forum or with regard to a specific topic comes to the event with some level of care. To say otherwise would be a gross exaggeration.

In other words, your little habit of running around the internet from your cincinnati hovel and posting that little chart is a waste. I could care less otherwise.
        Let's not get the context of the conversation get in the way of your diatribe, tiger.

Oh, and I've never posted that chart before, nor do I live in Cincinnati - but it was a nice try

Comment

Let's not get the context of the conversation get in the way of your diatribe, tiger.
          Context: Him posting in this thread means he has some level of "care". End of story. Your twitchy response was presumptuous. In the future, perhaps you'll learn to steer away from telling other people what they meant to say.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
            Context: Him posting in this thread means he has some level of "care". End of story. Your twitchy response was presumptuous. In the future, perhaps you'll learn to steer away from telling other people what they meant to say.
            I am genuinely concerned for your reading comprehension skills.

Comment

The post referenced a fake URL that did not make the point the poster intended with "could care less." Despite your attempts to stretch an explanation, to say "I could care less" is almost always not what posters mean, and is almost always wrong in context.
              My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
                The post referenced a fake URL that did not make the point the poster intended with "could care less." Despite your attempts to stretch an explanation, to say "I could care less" is almost always not what posters mean, and is almost always wrong in context.
                English-Major Police abound on this board. I should be fined $50 for each offense

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Wow - and here I thought this thread was going to be a complete train wreck, but you've managed to turn it around into a useful discussion of the incorrect grammar of some popular expressions. Outstanding work, folks!
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                    Wow - and here I thought this thread was going to be a complete train wreck, but you've managed to turn it around into a useful discussion of the incorrect grammar of some popular expressions. Outstanding work, folks!
                    Let's take out a few others:

use of the term "irregardless" when people actually mean "regardless"...and btw "irregardless" is NOT a word.

also use of the term "ironic" when you actually mean "coincidence"...eg "I saw Lisa (co-worker) at the movies this weekend how ironic?" no, you dip****, that's called a coincidence

any others we should knock out?
                    Last edited by solovsfett; 08-30-2011, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      Let's take out a few others:

use of the term "irregardless" when people actually mean "regardless"...and btw "irregardless" is NOT a word.

also use of the term "ironic" when you actually mean "coincidence"...eg "I saw Lisa (co-worker) at the movies this weekend how ironic?" no, you dip****, that's called a coincidence

any others we should knock out?
                      Your/You're (their/they're)
                      kills me
                      part of the stupidification of America thanks to texting and facebook...

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                        kills me
                        gr8....

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                          kills me
                          right on. and it's definitely the texting/facebook always on the go mcreading/usa today chit that's really made this pervasive

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                            Now the real question is, how long will it take for this to evolve into a discussion on how the admission of aged out ex-CHL players will negativley impact the use of the english launguage in our univserity system?

Comment

Now the real question is, how long will it take for this to evolve into a discussion on how the admission of aged out ex-CHL players will negativley impact the use of the english launguage in our univserity system?
                              I get the general idea of "Blame Canada", but this thread has so many sources of problems.

Blame Canada for the Native American name issue?
                              Blame Canada for trying to keep British English in North America- more colour?
                              Blame canada for the college hockey video game?
                              Blame Canada for the stupid texing shorthand, eh?
                              Blame Canada of being too nice, which forces USA today to be poorly written.

Just want to focus the brunt of the blame correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by siouxinminny View Post
                                What does the NCAA provide the 55-60 D-I colleges and universities playing hockey? A 16-team post-season tournament? It's time to weigh the pros and cons of staying under the thumb of the NCAA. My analysis tells me the NCAA provides no value to college hockey.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X