Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How About A D3 Match-up At Frozen Fenway...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How About A D3 Match-up At Frozen Fenway...?

They are icing up the Green Monster in January and bringing in a D1 doubleheader....any D3 schools in New England moving games to Fenway Park???
    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Re: How About A D3 Match-up At Frozen Fenway...?

Norwich makes their Boston roadtrip the following weekend to Babson and UMass-Boston.

Babson is at UMass-Dartmouth on Jan. 7...
    Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 08-28-2011, 08:49 AM.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
      They are icing up the Green Monster in January and bringing in a D1 doubleheader....any D3 schools in New England moving games to Fenway Park???
      I'm pretty sure they played prep school games there last year so its NOT out of the question, Im sure its WHO you know to get a game in.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
        I'm pretty sure they played prep school games there last year so its NOT out of the question, Im sure its WHO you know to get a game in.
        Nobody will ever break the record for empty seats at a College hockey game that Adrian set last year. All in all it was still a really neat opportunity for them to play that outdoor game.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
          Or who can PAY! My understanding was that the prep schools (or a financially able parent/sponsor) actually had to pay a significant amount to be able to play at Fenway last year. I'm sure it was a great experience and worth the money but...

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
            Nobody will ever break the record for empty seats at a College hockey game that Adrian set last year. All in all it was still a really neat opportunity for them to play that outdoor game.
            NUProf, I find it equally interesting that with 1470 official paid attendance, it set an all time record attendance for an Adrian home hockey game, if playoff games are not counted.
            Arrington Arena seating capacity of 550 will be increased by the end of the 2011-2012 season with the additionof seating and a restaurant above the bench area. Entrance will be from the outside of the arena. Construction has begun.

Comment

Originally posted by bayliner2555 View Post
              NUProf, I find it equally interesting that with 1470 official paid attendance, it set an all time record attendance for an Adrian home hockey game, if playoff games are not counted.
              Arrington Arena seating capacity of 550 will be increased by the end of the 2011-2012 season with the additionof seating and a restaurant above the bench area. Entrance will be from the outside of the arena. Construction has begun.
              It sounds like the program has been even more successful than anticipated when it was launched - or it least has been successful a lot quicker. I wasn't maligning your team here at all just, still contemplating what a crowd of 1470 would have looked like in that cavernous stadium. That's a lot of empty seats.
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

i guess every seat that was filled was a good one!
                Our bite is worse than our bark....
                Top guys, out.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                  It sounds like the program has been even more successful than anticipated when it was launched - or it least has been successful a lot quicker. I wasn't maligning your team here at all just, still contemplating what a crowd of 1470 would have looked like in that cavernous stadium. That's a lot of empty seats.
                  We did have a lot of elbow room.

Comment

I had plenty of elbow room, seeing as I was on the field, and at one point, next to the bench.

It was one hell of an experience. Anyone who gets an opportunity to do something similar should jump at the opportunity. You will not regret it. Those of you that don't, well, it's your loss.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Does anyone know how long the Red Sox plan on leaving the ice in AFTER the Hockey East doubleheader?

Comment

Does anyone know how long the Red Sox plan on leaving the ice in AFTER the Hockey East doubleheader?

Norwich makes their Boston roadtrip the following weekend to Babson and UMass-Boston.

Prez ... Seems to me it would be worth it to move that Babson game up a day or three if need be to get the chance to play it on the hallowed ice below the Green Monster.
                        Last edited by PuckVoice; 08-31-2011, 03:57 PM.

Comment

I don't think Salem St. - Fitchburg St. is going to draw a heck of a lot.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Prez, did you already know that things were in motion back then? If you did: shame on you
                            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Prophetic, or slyly dropping a hint?
                              Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                              SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                              ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                              NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                              NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                              NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                              NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Working...
                              X