Adrian 2011-12: The Next Generation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian 2011-12: The Next Generation

As students begin to arrive on campus, a lot of the new faces adjusting to the college life at Adrian will be hockey players. I’m sure they’re aware the brief history of the program fashioned by the large original cast of characters that thrilled the fans those first fours years.

This new group will have a big advantage having possibly ten experienced teammates who know their way around the conference and who have had a taste of a championship game in NCAA Tournament play.

Included in this group of returning players is shifty veteran defenseman Chris Stansik who scored the Bulldog’s first ever goal in that first game. He went on to lead the nation in points for a defensemen his junior year before injury prevented him from participating with his friends in the Class of 2011.

On the offensive side Zach Graham, Jordan Watts, Andrew Dovey and Josh Cousineau to name a few, will be expected to lead the team with Courtney and Gallinger defending the d-zone. Welcome back boys!

I haven’t seen any of the new recruits play and can only surmise from their respective stats that they are gifted offensively. None of these new guys appear have imposing or intimidating size, but they must be a spirited bunch as they seem to have a spent a fair share of their time in the sin bin. I’m guessing these recruits will be very fast and very feisty. Welcome boys.

Have a great year !

Re: Adrian 2011-12: The Next Generation

FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      If I were you, I'd try to drop in to catch some of the intersquad scrimmages leading up to the schedule.
      It should be very entertaining.

Comment

Oh, yes. I plan on doing so.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I am going to go out on a limb here and predict that Adrian will be very good again this year. It will be interesting to see how the goaltending works itself out.

Comment

Originally posted by AVFC View Post
            I am going to go out on a limb here and predict that Adrian will be very good again this year. It will be interesting to see how the goaltending works itself out.
            I'd be surprised if they aren't pre-season favourites to lead the MCHA. We'll certainly need to keep a program handy until we can put names to all the new numbers.
            Agree with you on goaltending......considering they were never able to find a reliable backup to Fogal.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
              If I were you, I'd try to drop in to catch some of the intersquad scrimmages leading up to the schedule.
              It should be very entertaining.
              Have any idea when that is happening?

Comment

I'm sure if you called the hockey office they'd let you know when their practice icetime is.

The Black & Yellow Intersquad exhibition game is scheduled for Saturday October15th at 7PM.

Comment

I'd be surprised if they aren't pre-season favourites to lead the MCHA. We'll certainly need to keep a program handy until we can put names to all the new numbers.
                  Agree with you on goaltending......considering they were never able to find a reliable backup to Fogal.
                  I think they will be the pre-season favorite as well. Even if they are "younger" they still have a good psychological edge. If you haven't beaten Adrian, you haven't beaten Adrian. I doubt, however, they will run roughshod over the league. Games will be closer. The MCHA is just much better than it was four years ago.

I don't know how the goaltending will look, but I am of the opinion that goalies can adjust to a quicker pace of play faster than skaters can.

Comment

My sources tell me that this season's team should be faster overall than last season's team. Fogarty wanted to rebuild with speed this time around. I think they will be a very talented team and until someone can knock them off the mountain, they will still be the Champs.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBullDogsGo View Post
                      My sources tell me that this season's team should be faster overall than last season's team. Fogarty wanted to rebuild with speed this time around. I think they will be a very talented team and until someone can knock them off the mountain, they will still be the Champs.
                      ....of the MCHA.
                      SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Ummm....that's kinda what we've been talking about the past few posts.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Re: Adrian 2011-12: The Next Generation "SEASON PREVIEW"

2011-12 Player Roster is up ....along with the season preview.

http://www.adrianbulldogs.com/sports...20111005dd34e2

Comment

Re: Adrian 2011-12: The Next Generation "SEASON PREVIEW"

2011-12 Player Roster is up ....along with the season preview.

http://www.adrianbulldogs.com/sports...20111005dd34e2
                            Great write up.

Does anyone else wish teams would hold off on announcing their rosters until after 10/15? I know most all coaches know pretty much exactly what their roster is gonna look like once school starts, but I also like the idea of the occasional un-recruited player earning a spot on a roster once the coaches see them on the ice (which in D3 doesn't happen until 10/15.) I'm not directing this only at Adrian, and I imagine their roster may indeed look a little different once the season begins (I would think they'll at least be adding a third goaltender.) Maybe I'm just old fashioned...

Comment

WOW!! Exciting game today...NICE WIN BULLDOGS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X