Ivy league Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ivy league Hockey

Dartmouth has had both Gaudet boys playing for their dad over the last few years. That's about the only thing I can think of that he's talking about. I haven't stayed in the loop with the athletic department since I left, but I know the team had no issues with Joe, so in the absence of anything specific, I'm guessing they don't have issues with Jim, either. I'm going to assume the poster's either talking out of his *** or is friends with someone who didn't see the ice that often. Or the spirit of Nick Boucher is back, and a player is being dumb enough to post on this board again...

Comment

Joe Gaudet looks like a decent, but not above average, player by his stats. 43 points over four years, not terrible- indicative of a 3rd-liner or so. His brother has nearly no point production, but I assume he's more of a conservative defenseman. Keep in mind that the coach's kids are always subject to more scrutiny than all the other players, because when they perform poorly, nepotism can be used as a scapegoat. Former US Men's Soccer coach Bob Bradley took a TON of criticism for starting his son, Michael, in nearly every game (I happened to be under the impression that he was one of our best midfielders, and that his prominent role with the team was justified no matter who the coach was. Indeed, he was one of the lone bright spots in the first half last night against Mexico in the first game under his father's successor).

I also don't know anything about the situation, so perhaps both players are underwhelming in reality and Crusso's allegations are logical conjecture. If this is indeed the case, then I am in complete agreement with you, Crusso.

However, I am still flabbergasted as to why it took 16 posts and the assistance of another poster to figure out what the hell you were talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
        However, I am still flabbergasted as to why it took 16 posts and the assistance of another poster to figure out what the hell you were talking about.
        I'm wondering how it's supposedly going to effect the team for years to come - Joe's graduated and Jim's a senior...

Not to mention Dartmouth's still light years better than they were when Gaudet came back in the late 90's. They had some rough years but are coming off a pretty successful season (missed hte tournament by one game yet again, but I digress).

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
          I'm wondering how it's supposedly going to effect the team for years to come - Joe's graduated and Jim's a senior...

Not to mention Dartmouth's still light years better than they were when Gaudet came back in the late 90's. They had some rough years but are coming off a pretty successful season (missed hte tournament by one game yet again, but I digress).
          I agree, I'd rather have a coach who can win who perhaps favors his own sons too much than a guy who plays everyone fairly but can't be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
            Joe Gaudet looks like a decent, but not above average, player by his stats. 43 points over four years, not terrible- indicative of a 3rd-liner or so. His brother has nearly no point production, but I assume he's more of a conservative defenseman. Keep in mind that the coach's kids are always subject to more scrutiny than all the other players, because when they perform poorly, nepotism can be used as a scapegoat. Former US Men's Soccer coach Bob Bradley took a TON of criticism for starting his son, Michael, in nearly every game (I happened to be under the impression that he was one of our best midfielders, and that his prominent role with the team was justified no matter who the coach was. Indeed, he was one of the lone bright spots in the first half last night against Mexico in the first game under his father's successor).

I also don't know anything about the situation, so perhaps both players are underwhelming in reality and Crusso's allegations are logical conjecture. If this is indeed the case, then I am in complete agreement with you, Crusso.

kdiff: the only one stupid enough to take the bait.

Comment

Talk about old news.
              LET'S GO BRUNO!

Comment

Originally posted by jollet View Post
                kdiff: the only one stupid enough to take the bait.
                Cute.

Comment

Working...
                X