Penn State in Outdoor Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penn State in Outdoor Game

The Philadelphia Flyers and N.Y. Rangers will play in this year's NHL Winter Classic outdoor game January 2nd. The supporting game is Penn State v. the AHL's Philadelphia Phantoms:

"Flyers President Peter Luukko, the driving force behind Philadelphia's bid for the Winter Classic, confirmed that games featuring the American Hockey League's Adirondack Phantoms and Penn State University men's hockey team are in the works"

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...-classic_n.htm

A college club team (with a storied three month history behind it by the time the game rolls around) playing against an AHL team.

Ummm...

Re: Penn State in Outdoor Game

I don't think Penn State is playing against the Phantoms; the way I'm reading the article is that both of them will play outdoors, but not against each other.
    Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
    Clarkson 1990

Comment

PSU should play Wisconsin and call it the "We killed college hockey classic"... Alvarez and Pegula can drop(dead) the ceremonial first pucks.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by drshoen View Post
        I don't think Penn State is playing against the Phantoms; the way I'm reading the article is that both of them will play outdoors, but not against each other.
        I very much agree, given "games" was said.

Ohio State, mayhaps? They only have 33 games and have a little bit of a break in there.

Comment

Yeah, Penn State's current club team against an AHL team might not be a very good game.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            Yeah, Penn State's current club team against an AHL team might not be a very good game.
            I thought casual fans like to see a lot of scoring?
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
              I thought casual fans like to see a lot of scoring?
              The scoring would make up for the fact that outdoor games are usually unwatchable as far as hockey goes.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Penn State is playing Neumann College, reportedly. Neumann should win, but it might be close.

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                  Penn State is playing Neumann College, reportedly. Neumann should win, but it might be close.
                  That depends; is it Neumann's varsity team or their club team?

((Oh, and they're Neumann University now...))

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by nick papagiorgio View Post
                    und should play du and call it the "we killed college hockey classic"..
                    fyp.
                    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by drshoen View Post
                      You're probably right.

That's what I get for creating a thread before the first coffee of the morning.

Comment

Instead of an AHL team maybe Penn State will be playing with themselves.

Comment

Working...
                        X