Atlantic Hockey 2011 - 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlantic Hockey 2011 - 2012

What do we think about the atlantic Hockey div 1 this year. Checking some schedules there seem to be some good out of conference games going to take place

Re: Atlantic Hockey 2011 - 2012

I am really excited about AIC's OOC schedule. A full complement of games. Would love to have a nice season.

Comment

What the AHA needs to is have some of these teams win more of these non-conference games. It's great to schedule the good teams, and that is a good first step. But I hope the league in general can do better in winning some of those games.
      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2010 Frozen Four participant
      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
        What the AHA needs to is have some of these teams win more of these non-conference games. It's great to schedule the good teams, and that is a good first step. But I hope the league in general can do better in winning some of those games.
        Bentley, for one, sure has iits OOC work cut out for itself.

Comment

I'd love to bring home the Catamount Cup!
          RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
            I'd love to bring home the Catamount Cup!
            Not sure how that works, since the games are pre-determined and not tournament style.
            Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
            College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
            Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
            Men's Frozen Four 2010
            Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
            Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
              Not sure how that works, since the games are pre-determined and not tournament style.
              I believe it's based on record on the weekend with tiebreakers where necessary, though I can't find any confirmation of that.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                I believe it's based on record on the weekend with tiebreakers where necessary, though I can't find any confirmation of that.

Powers &8^]
                I looked at the Vermont athletics site here: http://uvmathletics.com/news/2010/12...231100939.aspx

It appears that the winners of their matchups play in the championship game and the losers of their initial matchups play in the consolation game, so it's pseudo-tournament style right?
                RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Bing View Post
                  I looked at the Vermont athletics site here: http://uvmathletics.com/news/2010/12...231100939.aspx

It appears that the winners of their matchups play in the championship game and the losers of their initial matchups play in the consolation game, so it's pseudo-tournament style right?
                  It got changed this year because Ferris State and Lake Superior state didn't want to play each other.
                  Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                  College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                  Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                  Men's Frozen Four 2010
                  Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                  Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Here is an opinionated question to get some talk going: What AHA team dives the most?

Comment

Here's some help to get the party started ... from my "unbiased" observation of RIT opponents there is one obvious answer:

Air Force!

(They also seem to get away with the most "non-calls".)
                      -M

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
                        Here is an opinionated question to get some talk going: What AHA team dives the most?
                        Not a team thing but according to the Niagara website the Purple Eagles won two individual MAAC titles last year, with diver Ian O'Rourke claiming the one-meter and three-meter diving crowns.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                          Not a team thing but according to the Niagara website the Purple Eagles won two individual MAAC titles last year, with diver Ian O'Rourke claiming the one-meter and three-meter diving crowns.
                          Haha, it took me a second for your comment to click in my brain. RIT has a pretty good diving team as well: Evan Wendt was named the Empire 8 Diver of the Year.
                          RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

I was gonna say Niagara too, with Canisius in 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
                              The correct answer is: whichever team your favorite one is currently playing.
                              UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

Working...
                              X