Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "I won the FF Lottery" 2012 Edition

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    Is this fallout from holding the FF in St. Louis, at Ford Field and now in Tampa? The continual increase in ticket prices? Both?

Sean
    I think that three factors are at work:
    1.) The disaster at FF, where the cheap discounted seats were much better than the riser seats and undercut the resale market for those who paid full price up front for tickets
    2.) I think that they have found (or exceeded) the cap of ticket prices that they can charge to ensure that the lottery gets all the public tickets get sold. If you cant sell out in a traditional market like St. Paul, what chance do non-traditional markets have? Ideally, the tickets would be priced so that the number of lottery entries equals the number of seats available.
    3.) the overall decline in the economy has caused people to re-evaluate if purchasing tickets 6+ months before an event is a good idea. Particularly since tickets are almost always available on the secondary market around face value.

Comment

The NCAA has a problem that needs to be addressed or they are going to lose people who go every year
      In Detroit the high priority had the worst seats and had to move to see the games- never a word from NCAA
      This year my seats (2nd highest priority are in 126 (corner) 7 rows up
      I would be satisfied if they werre 20 rows up
      However, soemone who goes every year should have better seats
      Last year lower priority had club seats

Dedicated fns who shell out good money every year are being denied seat between the goals

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
        Dedicated fans who shell out good money every year are being denied seat between the goals
        With the exception of 2010 in Detroit, I have purchased tickets every year since 1976. I've received my 2012 seat assignments:

Priority 14: SECTION 110, ROW F

As was the case for 2011, most high priority applicants have been diverted to seats on the curves or behind the nets.

Considering the large number of lower bowl, side arena seats between the blue lines, for whom is the NCAA holding these prime locations? Inquiring minds want to know.
        LET'S GO BRUNO!

Comment

202 row d Priority 12 or 13
          Providence College
          National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Originally posted by bruno View Post
            With the exception of 2010 in Detroit, I have purchased tickets every year since 1976. I've received my 2012 seat assignments:

Priority 14: SECTION 110, ROW F

As was the case for 2011, most high priority applicants have been diverted to seats on the curves or behind the nets.

Considering the large number of lower bowl, side arena seats between the blue lines, for whom is the NCAA holding these prime locations? Inquiring minds want to know.
            I suspect that they go to the allotment for the host, participating schools, and other NCAA partners.

I have no idea how the NCAA distributes the tickets or what role priority plays in that distribution or how they determine best available seats (particularly when that is a very subjective determination). I don't believe that seats are assigned on a priority basis. But yes, one of the frustrating things about the F4 is that you can either control the price you pay or your seat locations, but not both.

Comment

Section 302 Row C

Priority 5

A little bummed to be back upstairs after the great Club Level seats last year at the X

Comment

Section 123, Row F - Priority 12

Tickets went on sale yesterday through the St. Pete Times Forum website (Tickemaster) and they were in the 300 level.

Comment

Got Club seats, section 215.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                    Section 123, Row F - Priority 12

Tickets went on sale yesterday through the St. Pete Times Forum website (Tickemaster) and they were in the 300 level.
                    I'm sitting a few rows behind you.
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

unless i am blind, no seat locator on arena's website, but here is a map of the arena

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/page.h...id=tbl-int:nav

Comment

Very disappointed in my seats. Priority 7 and sitting in section 302 Row F. Last year sat in the 3rd row of the club seats at the X.
                        Gees I could have gotten seats in the 300s in the corner without any priority. Whats up with that?

Comment

Priority All but 1 - Section 122 Row G
                          Priority 2 - Section 330 Row L

Definetly not as good as last year as we had Club Seats for both sets. I agree with the previous poster that I prefer not to be so low with a high priority, I would imagine many people would feel the same way. You would think they could give you the option to request Club Level Seats with the higher priority.

Comment

I'm with you, DLG. Since 98 so about a 13 or 14 and I'm in 126 row M. About the same location I had in St Paul. Where's the reward for buying a year in advance every year? I'm pretty unhappy and might try to fruitlessly pursue this with a phone call or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Badgers1 View Post
                              Didn't follow the thread all the way thru last year, but didn't pretty much nobody get declined last year? I'd defintely be surprised to see anyone declined this year.
                              Of course last year's thread never reached a final conclusion, because yours truly coughed up the puck and didn't get a final summary posted. To the extent it helps the current discussion, I'll try to get that information posted in some form soon.

The shortest version of the story is that for St. Paul 2011, the best evidence is that the Bubble Level was 1. In other words, everyone above Level 1 got tickets in the Priority Lottery. (meaning Levels 2-14) Some who got tickets at Level 1, and everyone who got ducats without a priority point, did so through the General Lottery. It appears that a very small handful of lotttery applications were rejected. The fact that there was a supplemental sale doesn't change that. The extra tickets appeared to come from outside the lottery sections.

For Tampa, it certainly looks like there was no Bubble Level at all. In other words, everyone who applied in the lottery got tickets. The tickets they're now selling in the 300's would usually have been assigned to lottery applicants.

Comment

Priority 4, 2 tix, Section 314, Row A

Comment

Working...
                                X