Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NBC/Versus deal with College Hockey

Originally posted by pinch View Post
    What has changed at WMU?... they have several near last place finishes, improved last year to 10-9-9 in the CCHA with a new coach--- and then lost their coach this year. Lets put them on equal terms with the rest of the CCHA should they remain
    Did you realize former Shattuck and long time NHL coach Andy Murray is the new coach at WMU?

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
      Osorojo use of nachos = fail. On this board "nachos" is used as a specious answer to someone as a sign that what they had to say isn't deserving of consideration or response. It's a sarcastic invalidation of what someone said and marginalizes their opinion (effectiveness can be argued).
      Thanks, Uaa, I appreciate that. I was mocking Oso--not very well it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by NDgolden View Post
        Did you realize former Shattuck and long time NHL coach Andy Murray is the new coach at WMU?
        And does that guarantee success?
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          And does that guarantee success?
          Undefeated season at minimum. Look at all the success he had with the Kings.
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by NDgolden View Post
            We need if you are being sarcastic!

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
              Undefeated season at minimum. Look at all the success he had with the Kings.
              He was a great recruiter for LA.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by pinch View Post
                What has changed at WMU?... they have several near last place finishes, improved last year to 10-9-9 in the CCHA with a new coach--- and then lost their coach this year. Lets put them on equal terms with the rest of the CCHA should they remain
                Money. Culhane was at or near the bottom for coaching salary and the recruiting budget had been unchanged for years thanks to Judy Bailey's penny pinching ways. Murray will be making something like 3x what Culhane made. And money is what makes a difference in college sports.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  Money. Culhane was at or near the bottom for coaching salary and the recruiting budget had been unchanged for years thanks to Judy Bailey's penny pinching ways. Murray will be making something like 3x what Culhane made. And money is what makes a difference in college sports.
                  I think that WMU is in a much better position post Culhane... I just would not make them any more of a favorite than the other CCHA teams

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    Ugh, Judy "I hate sports" Bailey. NMU fans sympathize...
                    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                    ECAC:
                    HEA: UMass
                    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

I'm assuming that this idea is probably dead in the water for now, right?
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        I had such high hopes...

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          Not according to Puck the Media. This was his header above the CBS-SN schedule release:

College Hockey continues it’s quest for exposure. I’ve heard rumors that an NBCSN package will launch after the name change.
                          Friends don't let friends go to PITT.

Save on GAS... BAN NASCAR

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            Let's face it, given their relationship with NBC and their national profile, Notre Dame is driving this bus, and whichever conference they choose will get plenty of air time.
                            Davy wins the thread.

Comment

DU home games against MN on 2/10/12 and against UND on 2/24/12 will be televised on Versus (soon to be NBCSN)
                              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Add a couple Notre Dame games to the list:

http://puckthemedia.wordpress.com/20...s-this-season/
                                Friends don't let friends go to PITT.

Save on GAS... BAN NASCAR

Comment

Working...
                                X