Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mario Lucia, when will he announce what college he will play for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mario Lucia, when will he announce what college he will play for?

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
    I don't think any team does in the WHL.
    After doing some research you are correct.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
      I don't think any team does in the WHL.
      Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
      After doing some research you are correct.
      They probably assume he'll go the NCAA route given family history.
      sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

He won't go to the Gophers, as everyone knows they don't develop players there.
        Bob is making me concerned
        I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
          He won't go to the Gophers, as everyone knows they don't develop players there.
          Yep, because there aren't any players who played under Don Lucia having success in the NHL right now.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
            Got it, sorry. I tend to agree with you, but the longer he goes without making a decision, the more I wonder if he isn't considering playing for tDon.
            My bad, I can see how it could have been taken the wrong way. You may be right though, I wonder if he doesn't have a chip on his shoulder after hearing all the criticism about his dad. He may want to play for the Gophers just to try and help the cause.
            University of Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs
            2007 Alumni
            WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1984, 1985, 1993
            WCHA Tournament Champions: 1984, 1985, 2009
            NCAA Appearances: 1983, 1984, 1985, 1993, 2004, 2009, 2011
            Frozen Four Appearances: 1984, 1985, 2004, 2011
            National Champions: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by UMDSimmerdown View Post
              My bad, I can see how it could have been taken the wrong way. You may be right though, I wonder if he doesn't have a chip on his shoulder after hearing all the criticism about his dad. He may want to play for the Gophers just to try and help the cause.
              Could be. I think some of the criticism his brother got while he played for the U might be a factor too. I tend to agree with you and Chuck though. If he doesn't play for the Gophers it will probably be because he senses his dad may be on the way out. I don't buy the "I want to make my own name" bit. If that were true, he wouldn't be looking at Notre Dame (where his dad played) or CC (where his dad coached) either.

Comment

I wonder if he will wait to see how the Gophers perform through the middle of the season before he makes his decision.
                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                  I wonder if he will wait to see how the Gophers perform through the middle of the season before he makes his decision.
                  Well, for what it is worth Mario is on record as saying he would announce his decision after the Minnesota Wild camp ended, and I think that ended over a week ago. So for whatever reason(s) his public announcement appears to be delayed.
                  World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                    Well, for what it is worth Mario is on record as saying he would announce his decision after the Minnesota Wild camp ended, and I think that ended over a week ago. So for whatever reason(s) his public announcement appears to be delayed.
                    And before that, he went on record saying he would make his decision after the draft. He's obviously either having a tough time making a decision, or waiting for something to announce his decision. As for which and what, we can only speculate.

I will say this. A few months ago I was fairly certain he was going to choose Notre Dame. However, the longer this plays out, the less sure I am that he will.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post

I will say this. A few months ago I was fairly certain he was going to choose Notre Dame. However, the longer this plays out, the less sure I am that he will.
                      I agree with your statement.
                      World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Lucia is on vacation up in Alaska this week. So I doubt you'll be hearing anything for another week at a minimum.
                        University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                          Lucia is on vacation up in Alaska this week. So I doubt you'll be hearing anything for another week at a minimum.
                          Gee .. visiting Donnie's mentor and the founder of UAA's hockey program Brush Christiansen at some point perhaps? Mario seems like the kind of kid that loves the outdoors and hunting for the largest game animals in the western hemisphere; fishing for some of the largest species of fresh water and salt water fish ... "that piece of Halibut was good enough for Jehovah!". And with Uncle Brush there to keep an eye on the youngster? Hmmmm ... could be a good fit for him ... IF ... yep ... IF.

EDIT: He was (ahem ... after all) born in Alaska.
                          Last edited by uaafanblog; 07-25-2011, 09:34 PM.

Comment

It'll be Notre Dame. If Notre Dame chooses a different conference, I'm less sure, but still would say he's going there.

And yes, I agree that he's having a hard time making this decision. I'm sure there are many people trying to sway him. But the Notre Dame thing has been around for quite some time.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              It'll be Notre Dame. If Notre Dame chooses a different conference, I'm less sure, but still would say he's going there.

And yes, I agree that he's having a hard time making this decision. I'm sure there are many people trying to sway him. But the Notre Dame thing has been around for quite some time.
                              We get it, you think he's going to Notre Dame. No secret they're the front runner as he has said so.

You can stop with the assurances because you know as much as I do and that is only what Mario has said publicly.

Comment

When does he have to commit?
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X