ECAC 2011-2012 pre-season discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECAC 2011-2012 pre-season discussion

I would like to know what the ECAC faithful expect from their team this year, it may be too early for predictions, but I would be happy with Yale being in the top three of the conference with an outside chance of post season play. They will be VERY young next season but I think the Coach will have them performing well as we expect. Looking at Yale's incoming class they seem to be keeping in the small/fast tradition that Allain likes. Goalie will be a huge question mark for Yale as well as many new D-Men. Looking forward to the upcoming season, who are the favorites and who is gonna win the cup this year?
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Re: ECAC 2011-2012 pre-season discussion

#26 - Union

Comment

From a CCHA-fan perspective, it seems like Yale and Union have enough "offense" returning to contend for 3 or 4 seeds in the NCAA Tournament.

Comment

Fear THE NORTH COUNTRY
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
          Fear THE NORTH COUNTRY
          I do-the roads can be very icy.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
            Fear THE NORTH COUNTRY
            That will be a welcome change
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I see Yale, Cornell, and Union in the top 3, from then on it's wide open. I don't think there will be a really baaad team in the ECAC this year, especially because I expect the Raiders to be better.
              Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

If Union finishes in the top 3, I will tip my cap to them - they're going through a brutal offseason right now. I see them slipping back into the pack next year.
                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                  If Union finishes in the top 3, I will tip my cap to them - they're going through a brutal offseason right now. I see them slipping back into the pack next year.
                  Given what they said about RPI last year, I will not be so quick as to draw this conclusion on this basis.

Here's a big question: if they put emphasis on diving and embellishment this year, will they actually call it?

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyenthusiast View Post
                    I see Yale, Cornell, and Union in the top 3, from then on it's wide open. I don't think there will be a really baaad team in the ECAC this year, especially because I expect the Raiders to be better.
                    In order to get multiple NCAA bids, your conference needs an equal amount of bad teams to allow the good teams to have a great win %.

Parity may be great for the fans, but it is death to the PWR.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      In order to get multiple NCAA bids, your conference needs an equal amount of bad teams to allow the good teams to have a great win %.

Parity may be great for the fans, but it is death to the PWR.
                      "your conference"? It isn't yours also anymore? Where is Clarkson going?
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Probably making Sully happy and joining the CCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Given what they said about RPI last year, I will not be so quick as to draw this conclusion on this basis.
                          5th seed = back in the pack in my book. You may disagree with that characterization, but either way it is certainly not "top 3."
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            The global your. The logic applies to all conferences. Somebody in the NCHC is going to be really disappointed by reality.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                              5th seed = back in the pack in my book. You may disagree with that characterization, but either way it is certainly not "top 3."
                              It's still an improvement from 6th, though. I'd explain, but I promised that there'd be no math.

Comment

Working...
                              X