Michigan Wolverines 2011-2012 hockey thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Wolverines 2011-2012 hockey thread

Lets get the Ball Rolling- Great program, Stellar coaching, Storied program, excellent lineup, Solid core coming back, great goaltending and Top end freshmen recruits.

Us fans can't be more excited for the puck to drop!

Go Blue!

Re: Michigan Wolverines 2011-2012 hockey thread

I'm going to miss Scooter!

http://letsgodu.blogspot.com/2011/04...flips-off.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
      Anyone know if Vaughn has signed a pro deal (CHL/ECHL/AHL)? What about other seniors who graduated at the end of '10-'11?
      Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Arpod View Post
        Anyone know if Vaughn has signed a pro deal (CHL/ECHL/AHL)? What about other seniors who graduated at the end of '10-'11?
        enjoyed watching him play

Comment

I'm really excited for some of the freshmen: DiGiuseppe put up really solid numbers for how young he was. I know back when he committed, he was only 35th in the league in scoring, but he was the top-scoring 93 and he's a late 93 to boot. I'm pretty sure there won't be too many teams (if any) that are better in net than Michigan with Hunwick/Gibson. Serville should be a nice addition to the blueline and I'm REALLY excited to see what Zach Hyman can provide. If we could even get 15-15--30 out of him, that'd be a huge bonus.

Drop the puck already!!
          Come visit The Blog That Yost Built

Comment

I am really excited for this season.

Burlon is the only (so far) early leave and will be missed. That said, this is just about the time we have had "Surprises" leaving. Knock on wood.

I am looking forward to seeing how Wiseman does behind the bench. I think he will be good.

If you haven't yet seen this here is a session with Red posted yesterday on MGoBlue.com http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...072511aaa.html
            Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
            Row 1
            Seats 6 & 7
            Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by Packer487 View Post
              I'm really excited for some of the freshmen: DiGiuseppe put up really solid numbers for how young he was. I know back when he committed, he was only 35th in the league in scoring, but he was the top-scoring 93 and he's a late 93 to boot. I'm pretty sure there won't be too many teams (if any) that are better in net than Michigan with Hunwick/Gibson. Serville should be a nice addition to the blueline and I'm REALLY excited to see what Zach Hyman can provide. If we could even get 15-15--30 out of him, that'd be a huge bonus.

Drop the puck already!!
              YEPPERS an all counts!

I would be ecstatic with 15-15-30 from Hyman!
              Row 1
              Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by Arpod View Post
                I just did a search and there is nothing on the net.
                Row 1
                Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                  YEPPERS an all counts!

I would be ecstatic with 15-15-30 from Hyman!
                  Yappers that kid is going to be HUGE for the Wolverines. He is the real deal. We are talking future Hobey Baker quality here. A real game breaking talent.

Just glad he's not in Hockey East! Would hate my Black Bears having to play him.

Question: How does Michigan get all the great players?

Comment

Sorry to be potentially the bear of possible bad news for you Michigan fans but....

Expecting Michigan goalie recruit John Gibson (2nd rd, ANA) to be next to defect to OHL.
                    per Brad Schlossman(beat reporter for UND) via Twitter

If this ends up being true though, this only exacerbates the hurt college hockey is already taking with the previous losses of high caliber recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                      Sorry to be potentially the bear of possible bad news for you Michigan fans but....

If this ends up being true though, this only exacerbates the hurt college hockey is already taking with the previous losses of high caliber recruits.
                      That wouldn't be a shock and neither was Burlon leaving.

It doesn't take much to figure Merrill is gone after this season, too.

Comment

I need a stiff drink if this is true.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine318 View Post
                          I need a stiff drink if this is true.
                          Congrats on being the third member of the Spurned by USNDP Players Club.

First rounds on me.

Comment

The honest response is that I'll still go to games and still will be entertained (I hope) by the play on the ice.

Thankfully, my entertainment is not based on us being a national champion.

If he goes, good luck, and I can't exactly say that I miss someting I never saw.
                            Last edited by alfablue; 07-27-2011, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Ffffffuuuuuuuuu I hate the OHL. We are absolutely *****ed in terms of goaltending. God help us if tiny jesus gets injured. I am done with recruiting blue chippers. I would rather recruit a bunch of middle of the road recruits that won't be snake oiled at the last second by some db from the OHL.

RT @stephenjnesbitt Mike Spath is reporting on the wolverine that the rumor about Gibson is true. Details to follow

A reliable source has informed me that goalie John Gibson will be headed to the OHL, not Michigan, next year. @SchlossmanGF had it first.
                              Last edited by wolverine318; 07-27-2011, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X