Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Wolverines 2011-2012 hockey thread

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Helps when they're always bringing in the number one recruiting class every year.
    Isn't it nice to know that CHN agrees with you?

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
      When will the TV schedule be announced? Comcast TV gets a good majority of the games, FSN & FSN+ get the second most. The downside is, BTN gets to call games. They have horrible hockey commentary.

Here's how many games each network had last season.

CTV: 9
      FSN/FSN+: 9
      BTN: 6
      CBS Sports: 2
      ESPN/2/U: 3
      http://http://annarbor.com/sports/mi...icbox_headline

story:

Seventeen Michigan hockey games will be televised during the 2011-12 regular season, the university announced today.

Nine of the 17 televised games will be played at Yost Ice Arena.

The television schedule:

Oct. 27: vs. Ferris State (Comcast)
      Nov. 4: vs. Western Michigan (Fox Sports Detroit)
      Nov. 5: vs. Western Michigan (Comcast)
      Nov. 18: vs. Ohio State (Comcast)
      Dec. 9: vs. Michigan State (Fox Sports Plus)
      Dec. 10: at Michigan State (Big 10 Network)
      Jan. 6: vs. Lake Superior (Fox Sports Plus)
      Jan. 7: vs. Lake Superior (Comcast)
      Jan. 13: at Ohio State (Big 10 Network)
      Jan. 15: vs. Ohio State, at Progressive Field, Cleveland (Fox Sports Plus)
      Jan. 21: at Notre Dame (CBS Sports)
      Feb. 3: vs. Miami (Ohio) (Fox Sports Plus)
      Feb. 4: vs. Miami (Ohio) (CBS Sports)
      Feb. 10: at Michigan State (Big 10 Network)
      Feb. 11: vs. Michigan State, at Joe Louis Arena, Detroit (Fox Sports Detroit)
      Feb. 17: vs. Northern Michigan (Big 10 Network)
      Feb. 18: vs. Northern Michigan (Fox Sports Detroit)

The Wolverines open their exhibition schedule Saturday against the University of Ontario Institute of Technology and host the U.S. NTDP Under-18 squad on Monday, Oct. 3. Both games will be played at Yost Ice Arena and are scheduled for 7:35 p.m. starts.

Michigan's regular season starts with a 7:35 p.m. game against Niagara on Tuesday, Oct. 4.
      Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
      Row 1
      Seats 6 & 7
      Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Rumors are out there that Jon Merrill has been suspended for the first 12 games. Violation of team rules.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Rumors are out there that Jon Merrill has been suspended for the first 12 games. Violation of team rules.
          It is a fact, on mgoblue.com.

2 exhibition games, 4 non-conference and 6 CCHA games.

Must be serious for him to miss over one month.

Comment

I saw it on Twitter. I figured it was legit, but I didn't want to completely run with it.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Well that sucked. Let's try it again tomorrow, boys. Not exactly worthy of the #6 spot in the country right now.

Also- did I read that tv schedule right? NO GLI coverage this season?? I knew that was coming... that's what getting 7-8000 people will do. Of course the CCHA tourney is no different, but that will be put to sleep anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by alnike View Post
                It is a fact, on mgoblue.com.

2 exhibition games, 4 non-conference and 6 CCHA games.

Must be serious for him to miss over one month.
                I'd say it's even money he won't play another game for Red. 2nd round pick, thinks he is above the rules, lots of folks telling him how great he is/can be as a pro... I'll be surprised if he does not sign and leave without taking the ice in Ann Arbor for a game this year.
                Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Arpod View Post
                  I'd say it's even money he won't play another game for Red. 2nd round pick, thinks he is above the rules, lots of folks telling him how great he is/can be as a pro... I'll be surprised if he does not sign and leave without taking the ice in Ann Arbor for a game this year.
                  Possibility, but you don't know the kid. He doesn't wear green and white.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                    Possibility, but you don't know the kid. He doesn't wear green and white.
                    Everything I read pointed to the New Jersey Devils not signing him so he could get out of this. Although there is always the OHL.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2011-2012 hockey thread

Well, boyfriend is banned from another season of Michigan hockey. I am convinced he is a jinx, but thought it was safe to try him out at an exhibition game this season. (I still blame him for last year's tie with Mercyhurst).

It felt good to be back in Yost, but wins will feel much better.
                      Was UOIT's goalie good, or our shots that bad?

Gonna be tough without Merrill. Hopefully he learns something from the suspension and comes back strong. Not much experience for our D.
                      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G
                      7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                      6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                      5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                      5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                      2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                      2 Alaskan

Comment

I guess I should not be bummed that I missed that game. And I will tonight, too....

But should make it tomorrow. Not sure if I should look forward to that or not. Every year we fear some aspect will make us really bad, and somehow they pull it together. Now, I fear that it's more than one part.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                          Was UOIT's goalie good, or our shots that bad?

Gonna be tough without Merrill. Hopefully he learns something from the suspension and comes back strong. Not much experience for our D.
                          Both. Guy was a brick, but we were just chucking pucks at him, not creating traffic in front of the goalie or deflecting shots. It was perhaps one of the laziest games from the forwards I have seen in a long long time. I am hoping it is a factor of having only one practice with Red and our now veterans not stepping up (I am looking at you Wohlberg).

The D actually was not that bad even with missing Merrill. Sure they weren't great, but they weren't that bad either. I will chuck up the missed assignments to the messed up D pairings and not a larger systematic issue.

I am hoping not to see the lolly gagging tonight against team USA. Although, I remember MSU losing to team USA the year they won the NCAA title. So, I am not reading too much into the last game.

Comment

What are the expected D pairings now that Merill is out for several weeks.

Comment

On Saturday, the D pairings were--Bennett & Pateryn, Moffie & Chiasson, Szuma & Serville. Kevin Clare was scratched. I don't know if these pairings will stay together, though.

"The game of hockey, though much in vogue on the ice in New England and other parts of the United States, is not much known here."

--The Montreal Gazette, March 4, 1875.

Comment

So...how does the U-18 team look, relative to seasons past?

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X