Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Wolverines 2011-2012 hockey thread

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    I like to think I could go to bed here to find Rosario Dawson in it, wearing something skimpy and wanting to feed me grapes and strawberries, but I'm not going to hold my breath about it.
    Anything is possible when u talk about Wolverine hockey!
    Go Blue!

Comment

CCHA predictions anyone?

I seen some guys have Miami coming out on top me I pick Michigan.
      then Notre Dame and Miami.
      I think Western Michigan will do alright too - probably 4th...and the rest..

What do u guys think?

Go Blue!

Oh ya I have us sweeping the Spartans!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Robin View Post
        CCHA predictions anyone?

I seen some guys have Miami coming out on top me I pick Michigan.
        then Notre Dame and Miami.
        I think Western Michigan will do alright too - probably 4th...and the rest..

What do u guys think?

Go Blue!

Oh ya I have us sweeping the Spartans!
        ND
        Michigan
        Miami
        Western M.

ND-FF appearance

Comment

Miami, Notre Dame and WMU have more proven talent returning. Michigan has to replace most of its scoring. I'd wager that we'll see more 3-2 2-1 wins and struggle to get to 20 wins this year- can't count on freshmen to lead a team at this level- so guys like Brown, Wohlberg, Glendening etc. have to really step up offensively. MSU will be ok. I think OSU will take a big stride this season. Alaska will still be decent. NMU, LSSU, BG and Ferris are unknown quantities.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
            Miami, Notre Dame and WMU have more proven talent returning. Michigan has to replace most of its scoring. I'd wager that we'll see more 3-2 2-1 wins and struggle to get to 20 wins this year- can't count on freshmen to lead a team at this level- so guys like Brown, Wohlberg, Glendening etc. have to really step up offensively. MSU will be ok. I think OSU will take a big stride this season. Alaska will still be decent. NMU, LSSU, BG and Ferris are unknown quantities.
            Some valid points but we brought in some high end freshman. Hyman and Guptil up front are two that are 1992 born so they could be considered like sophmores although they haven't had the year of D1 experience but these two might light it up for us. I also agree that our returning vets have to step up and I believe they will. More ice time and more experience will help us win. I really believe we will end up at the top and I also believe our freshman will be impact players right off the first face off.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Robin View Post
              Some valid points but we brought in some high end freshman. Hyman and Guptil up front are two that are 1992 born so they could be considered like sophmores although they haven't had the year of D1 experience but these two might light it up for us. I also agree that our returning vets have to step up and I believe they will. More ice time and more experience will help us win. I really believe we will end up at the top and I also believe our freshman will be impact players right off the first face off.
              I remember '98 when freshmen led us to our last title. We also had a senior goalie, d-men and forwards, too. BOTH will need to work well this season- but yes, I am excited to see Guptill and Hyman. I just don't put much stock in 18 year olds carrying a team playing against much older, stronger, mature and more experienced players.

Comment

I remember '98 when freshmen led us to our last title. We also had a senior goalie, d-men and forwards, too. BOTH will need to work well this season- but yes, I am excited to see Guptill and Hyman. I just don't put much stock in 18 year olds carrying a team playing against much older, stronger, mature and more experienced players.
                Yikes, seems like yesterday, but I was at the B Garden to see my alma mater UNH Wildcats lose to the Wolverines and was so bummed out that I gave my finals ticket to a BC fan.

I will be making my first trip ever to the Yost to watch my other team, the Bentley Falcons, on October 7th and 8th.

Comment

I remember '98 when freshmen led us to our last title.
                  Wow, you are old...
                  Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
                    Wow, you are old...
                    And I remember you in the stands well before that.

This is my 21st season as a season ticket holder- 2 as a student, 19 as an alum, and 17 of those as a couple. Besides the championship game in Boston, we were also at the game in Cincinnati. And I was also at the UM-MSU brawl at the Joe- although, we just got there in middle of it all.

My "sad" thing- there was a guy down along the boards, in the NE corner below streaker and us who had an older jersey than I do. The "was" is the sad part- haven't seen him in over a year. I think I've seen on other jersey like mine.

Man, time flies.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      We'll agree to disagree. SG, bb_dl, and whoever 'Huskiefan906' is, do not represent a majority of Tech fans (though it may seem like it lately).

Yes, there are too many current WCHA-ers with a superiority complex. That will likely switch to the NCHC in a few years' time.
                      What exactly don't I represent?
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Hey guys, question...

Does Michigan traditionally release any single-game tickets before the season? I've been checking on mgoblue, but haven't seen any information so far. Would like to try and make my first trip to Yost this year.

Thanks!

Comment

Besides Marty, that '98 team also had a guy by the name of Billy Muckalt.

I agree we will see a lot of 1-0, 2-1 games. The scoring will be down but the "D" will be S-O-L-I-D!

How old is your sweater? Mine is vintage "94/'95 season but I RARELY wear it, usually only for sparty. Gold, shiny thread, script "Michigan"
                          Last edited by JoeZ; 09-16-2011, 06:49 AM.
                          Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                          Row 1
                          Seats 6 & 7
                          Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                            Hey guys, question...Does Michigan traditionally release any single-game tickets before the season?
                            I don't think they do.

Season tickets have not yet been mailed but should go any day now. I usually receive mine 10-14 days before the first game which is now 16 days away. If you are really interested call the ticket office at 734-764-0247 and ask.
                            Row 1
                            Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                              How old is your sweater? Mine is vintage "94/'95 season but I RARELY wear it, usually only for sparty. Gold shiney thread script "Michigan"
                              I bought mine in the fall of 1990. Got it downtown, at the M-Den on Main St and had MY number (19) put on the back. Wore it as a student at intramural games, and at UM games I go to. Got my wifes a few years later, just after we met, same style.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                                Hey guys, question...

Does Michigan traditionally release any single-game tickets before the season? I've been checking on mgoblue, but haven't seen any information so far. Would like to try and make my first trip to Yost this year.

Thanks!
                                How many are you looking for? I have two seats and my 2nd friday tix frequently go unused. If you are looking for one, I can help, maybe for the price of a pre-game beer!
                                Last edited by JoeZ; 09-17-2011, 07:51 AM.
                                Row 1
                                Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Working...
                                X