Michigan Wolverines 2011-2012 hockey thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2011-2012 hockey thread

What was up with a 1-1 tie 44 seconds into the game??

Great that we scored so quick, horrible that we let them equal in just 6 seconds. That doesn't bode well.

Comment

See, no problem keeping the thread on the first page after a loss...

Anyway...

Last night was disappointing, but I would rather have a bad loss now than in a couple of weeks or even next weekend. What the team needs to do now is refocus and come together. I am sure that Red will let them know that another effort like that in the future and it's all over.
      Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
        See, no problem keeping the thread on the first page after a loss....
        ;-)

Last night was disappointing, but I would rather have a bad loss now than in a couple of weeks or even next weekend.
        I could not agree more. Although I do not see any even mathematical possibility of playing next week. On the road two weeks from now is mathematically possible but doubtful.

I am sure that Red will let them know that another effort like that in the future and it's all over.
        D'ya think? THAT is describing Red's message mildly.
        Last edited by JoeZ; 02-25-2012, 12:33 PM.
        Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
        Row 1
        Seats 6 & 7
        Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
          On the road two weeks from now is mathematically possible but doubtful.
          That would require ALL of the following to happen:
          BG to win,
          Western to win @ Ferris,
          Miami to win @ ohio,
          AND sparty to win @ South Bend

The more I think about it, even if BG and sparty both win we would be tied with sparty and I believe we hold the tie breaker there (H2H). So that would make 4th the lowest we could drift keeping us in Yost in two weeks.
          Last edited by JoeZ; 02-25-2012, 12:45 PM.
          Row 1
          Seats 6 & 7

Comment

That would require ALL of the following to happen:
            BG to win,
            Western to win @ Ferris,
            Miami to win @ ohio,
            AND sparty to win @ South Bend

The more I think about it, even if BG and sparty both win we would be tied with sparty and I believe we hold the tie breaker there (H2H). So that would make 4th the lowest we could drift keeping us in Yost in two weeks.
            That's correct that Michigan can't finish lower than fourth, but the first tiebreaker is fewest shootout wins, which Michigan would still win.
            Originally posted by dicaslover
            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

;-)

I could not agree more. Although I do not see any even mathematical possibility of playing next week. On the road two weeks from now is mathematically possible but doubtful.

Yeah, I miss typed.
              Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Well, it was ugly but they got it done. Granted, it was much too close for comfort but we are the #2 seed.
                Originally posted by alfablue
                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Whew.

Comment

MSU, by virtue of their split with ND screwed themselves out of home ice. I hope they are (edited and cleansed for USCHO viewing) really, really angered and really crush Miami in the second rd.
                    No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Wol4ine View Post
                      MSU, by virtue of their split with ND screwed themselves out of home ice. I hope they are (edited and cleansed for USCHO viewing) really, really angered and really crush Miami in the second rd.
                      Personally, I NEVER want sparty to win. Additionally, I'd rather play miami than sparty any day. Regardless, either match-up wouldn't happen until the CCHA Final anyway (probably).
                      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                        Additionally, I'd rather play miami than sparty any day. Regardless, either match-up wouldn't happen until the CCHA Final anyway (probably).
                        A semifinal matchup is POSSIBLE, but unlikely. That would require Western to lose their 2nd round series against the ohio v Notre Dame winner. It wouldn't be earth shaking but an upset none the less.
                        Row 1
                        Seats 6 & 7

Comment

If there is an upset, we could get the ohio vs ND winner. We split with both during the year. Anybody prefer any team above another? I don't see anyone that we dominated really, with maybe the exception being osu at Progressive Field. The 2 @ Yost I thought they outplayed us and deserved the sweep that weekend.
                          No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

A semifinal matchup is POSSIBLE, but unlikely. That would require Western to lose their 2nd round series against the ohio v Notre Dame winner. It wouldn't be earth shaking but an upset none the less.
                            Thus why I said "probably"...

Comment

Originally posted by Wol4ine View Post
                              If there is an upset, we could get the ohio vs ND winner. We split with both during the year. Anybody prefer any team above another? I don't see anyone that we dominated really, with maybe the exception being osu at Progressive Field. The 2 @ Yost I thought they outplayed us and deserved the sweep that weekend.
                              I would rather play tOhio. They outplayed us when we were slumping earlier in the year, but in the second series, with Merrill, we looked much better. Notre Dame is always scary with Jeff Jackson behind the bench.

Bottom line is that whoever we play will only be a couple of points behind us in the CCHA standings. It will not be an easy series.

Comment

tOSU has really slumped. They have only won 1 game since the first of the year, 1-9-4. I remember how discouraged I was when we went winless for 7 games. 5 of those 7 were one goal games. Only the Union and NU games were big losses, and the boys had turkey on the brain then.

When was the last time we missed going to the D?

Comment

Working...
                                X