Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2011-2012 hockey thread

Originally posted by Caustic Undertow View Post
    Sold out arenas (eat it, St. Paul). College hockey at its finest.
    But by any chance did you notice that the BTHC is considering the X-cel Enery barn for the playoffs of the BTHC? Not fair IMO, that's what, 8 miles from Mariucci?
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Were there really 20,000 people at The Joe? It looked like some empty seats down low. I will say that it did get loud a couple times. Seemed to be about 50-50 on Blue and Green.
      Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

The last two weeks of CCHA play is going to be very interesting. Ferris all but has 1st locked up (5 point lead with only 12 points available). Ditto Alaska in 11th and BG in 12th but those two COULD flip with 6 points difference and BG having 2 games in hand.

The rest is where it gets good. A mere 6 points separate 2nd from 10th although ohio has two fewer games than the others. I can see them slipping all the way down to a tie for 6th place.
        Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
        Row 1
        Seats 6 & 7
        Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
          Man, that's cold. But, I agree that more Caustic is good, actually.

How the heck did your team get swept by Ferris, btw? Miami must be licking their chops, too.

Makes that season ending series with Sparty more daunting- they played really well this weekend.
          Let's see, how did we get swept by Ferris... Well, other than they were all wearing skates and managed to show up to the correct rink, Notre Dame didn't do squat right all weekend. FSU played the FSU game about as well as they can, while Notre Dame half-azzed it with a bunch of lazy hockey that reminded me of two seasons ago. Awful effort from the players, and a shocking lack of preparation by the coaching staff. If you listen to some of the apologists from my end of the world (not generally the handful of us on this site) it must have been a fluke that you guys pounded this same team -- when they were undefeated if memory serves -- sweeping them out of Yost by a 9-2 score.

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
            Were there really 20,000 people at The Joe? It looked like some empty seats down low.
            Not everyone waits until intermission to grab a cold one. lol!

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
              Were there really 20,000 people at The Joe? It looked like some empty seats down low. I will say that it did get loud a couple times. Seemed to be about 50-50 on Blue and Green.
              YES, it was full. A smattering of lower bowl seats were empty, but all of general ad was full. 50/50 split is pretty accurate, too. Very intense feel, especially in the latter part of the 3rd period when Sparty had the momentum. Hunwick saves the bacon again.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                The last two weeks of CCHA play is going to be very interesting. Ferris all but has 1st locked up (5 point lead with only 12 points available). Ditto Alaska in 11th and BG in 12th but those two COULD flip with 6 points difference and BG having 2 games in hand.

The rest is where it gets good. A mere 6 points separate 2nd from 10th although ohio has two fewer games than the others. I can see them slipping all the way down to a tie for 6th place.
                WMU still has a shot at Ferris, but must win out. Winning 3 of 4 on the road against LSSU and Ferris won't be easy. Michigan has an outside shot, but Ferris has to lose twice and Michigan has to sweep NMU at home and BG on the road, PLUS Ferris can't gather any more than six points out of their twelve points for Michigan or WMU to win outright or tie.

Comment

WMU still has a shot at Ferris, but must win out. Winning 3 of 4 on the road against LSSU and Ferris won't be easy. Michigan has an outside shot, but Ferris has to lose twice and Michigan has to sweep NMU at home and BG on the road, PLUS Ferris can't gather any more than six points out of their twelve points for Michigan or WMU to win outright or tie.
                  This weekend with BGSU in Big Rapids should give the Bulldogs that six points. It would be a major shock for anything else. Then the home & home with WMU I see a split. That's 9 points for FSU. Game, Set, Match.

#1 seed to FSU. After that the fun begins.
                  Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                  Row 1
                  Seats 6 & 7
                  Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Regular season championship is out of our hands now, and unlikey at best. What is in our control is a first round bye and a #1 seed in the NCAA's. The team is playing good D and still generating some decent offense. Hopefully they haven't quite yet peaked.
                    No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

A split with MSU and this thread falls to the third page. I am getting excited. Plus, with the early game on Saturday, I may get to watch some Hockey Night in Canada. (Probably not, my wife will want to watch the sqeakball game...)
                      Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Matt Slovin, who is the student sports editor for The Michigan Daily who is also the beat reporter for Michigan hockey, tweeted:

@MattSlovin: Can confirm: Michigan Hockey to play Cornell next season, per Berenson. Game will be played in New York.

See you at MSG. I'm going to have to start frequenting the MSU threads to pick up some anti-Wolverine lingo.
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                          Matt Slovin, who is the student sports editor for The Michigan Daily who is also the beat reporter for Michigan hockey, tweeted:

@MattSlovin: Can confirm: Michigan Hockey to play Cornell next season, per Berenson. Game will be played in New York.

See you at MSG. I'm going to have to start frequenting the MSU threads to pick up some anti-Wolverine lingo.
                          They are talking about it on the rivals board. Of all weekends, they have to chose one that I'm already busy for. if not, I'd totally be at that game.

Comment

No, the more gutteral verbiage is being spewed in the NMU thread.

Comment

No, the more gutteral verbiage is being spewed in the NMU thread.
                              Excellent - thanks for the tip.
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Being a Cornellian, you already know most of our cheers.

So the best reply you'll have is " you stole our cheers! "

(I was proud to be in the student section the weekend we stole from Cornell's student section. and we won that NCAA round!)

Comment

Working...
                                X