Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2011-2012 hockey thread

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    I assume that we have a goalie recruit for next year? Pretty sure that Hunwick would come back for a 6th year if granted by the NCAA but the chances of that are about as good as an abandoned couch in east landfill NOT being set on fire...
    Jared Rutledge from the USNDT. Also another kid named Racine that will compete for back-up with Janecyk and Dwyer. I suspect Dwyer will be bumped to the club team.

Also- the chances of the NCAA granting Hunwick a sixth season are as good as his chances of dating the newly available Heidi Klum. I heard that the MAC engineers invented a spontaneous combustible couch. Saves time, fuel and only needs voice activation- from Dantonio, Izzo or Anastos.
    Last edited by streaker; 02-10-2012, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Three years ago I would have said that you are absolutely insane for even bringing up the name "Shawn Hunwick" with "Hobey Baker award candidate". All of us Michigan fans know that Hunwick has done amazing things but none of us seriously considers him for the Hobey. Well, look at this. #7 ain't too shabby...

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...pefuls,_v2.php

It is absolutely dumbfounding. But I like it.

And streaker, thanks for the info on the goalie situation.
      Originally posted by alfablue
      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

I assume that we have a goalie recruit for next year? Pretty sure that Hunwick would come back for a 6th year if granted by the NCAA but the chances of that are about as good as an abandoned couch in east landfill NOT being set on fire...
        Recruit? I don't even think about that until they actually enroll and show up on campus.

In each of the last two years we have had a "Five Star" Goalie commit and even sign a letter of intent then at the last minute bolt for the OHL. Just think, if they hadn't fled we would not be singing the praises of "Shawn the Smurf"!
        Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
        Row 1
        Seats 6 & 7
        Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
          Jared Rutledge from the USNDT. Also another kid named Racine that will compete for back-up with Janecyk and Dwyer. I suspect Dwyer will be bumped to the club team.

Also- the chances of the NCAA granting Hunwick a sixth season are as good as his chances of dating the newly available Heidi Klum. I heard that the MAC engineers invented a spontaneous combustible couch. Saves time, fuel and only needs voice activation- from Dantonio, Izzo or Anastos.
          Could happen...

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
            "Shawn the Smurf"!
            Thank goodness for the smurf!

Also, God these BTN announcers are awful!
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Thank goodness for the smurf!

Also, God these BTN announcers are awful!
              I think I heard something on the radio about how the announcers couldn't get to the game, and were doing play by play just by watching the video feed.

Comment

That kind of sucked. Tried to ignore it to give them some luck.

Karma on that last penalty call on State. They didn't commit a penalty, we didn't do anything with the powerplay...

We had that game through 30 min. But the 3rd, not good.

Comment

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
                  I think I heard something on the radio about how the announcers couldn't get to the game, and were doing play by play just by watching the video feed.
                  To be completely honest they kind of sounded like sparty homers.

But as far as the BTN production goes it is absolutely horrid. It has not improved one bit in the 4+ years in the BTN's existence. You get one camera angle while there is any play (and that angle is from the center-ice press box). The idiot camera guy cannot use the zoom function to save his/her life! When the play is around the net you have absolutely no idea where the puck is. At that point it's in your best interest to watch the crowd reaction to see if it's a goal. That only works if it is the home team who scores, as if it's the visitors who score you need to watch for player reaction on the ice.

The Production guy has no idea how to run the camera views, you only get close shots from the other cameras when there is no chance of anything happening (i.e. the defense is bringing the puck out of their own zone) or on replays.

I saw the first game the BTN did (Michigan at ohio) 4 yerars ago. I had the same impressions but thought that surely they'd get better. I was wrong!

Back to the announcers, I seriously rolled my eyes completely around when the color guy made the statement that, "He was shooting for the c-bar there. That's what the kids are calling the cross-bar these days. My 14 year-old son called it the "c-bar" and I was like, ok."

And yes the announcers may very well have just been watching the video-feed. The video-feed didn't really show anything which is why we received that awesome "c-bar" story....

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  I HATE losing to sparty. I really hate it when we blow a 2-0. I hate it even more when 2 of the 3 goals we gave up were power-play goals. I become furious when sparty has 6 power plays to our 3 (2 of which were at the end of a period with bad ice and 1 of them was spread over 2 periods). Those aren't excuses, sparty out-worked us tonight, but I'm not happy.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    That kind of sucked. Tried to ignore it to give them some luck.

Karma on that last penalty call on State. They didn't commit a penalty, we didn't do anything with the powerplay...

We had that game through 30 min. But the 3rd, not good.
                    Michigan got outworked tonight. State deserved this win, Torey Krug has turned into a Wolverine killer. This was the first time since November that Michigan was back on their heels for long stretches, and when they couldn't turn the momentum back to their side. The special teams killed them tonight, -2 on special teams is not good (to go with -3 the weekend in December, so -5 in 3 league games). Win on Saturday night and all is well for the pairwise, and still an outside chance to win the league, but tonight's results for that could not have been worse (State is now tied with UM, and Ferris and WMU both won their games). Need to get some sustained pressure going on Saturday, and STAY OUT OF THE BOX.
                    Infrequent poster, frequent reader.

Comment

It looks as if 7 of the top 10 will lose today so, there ya go. Parity isn't just in the CCHA.

Comment

Whew. Don't know how sparty does it, but they sure know exactly how to play us. Back and forth all night. Great break to end the game.

Comment

Congrats on the win, that was a sweet looking goal. That was a game that could have easily gone either way.

Comment

Brilliant series. Hard-fought one-goal games. Sold out arenas (eat it, St. Paul). College hockey at its finest.
                            Jesus Saves

Comment

Fun hockey for both fan bases. Reminded me of some of the MSU/UM series in the 90s when both teams were usually among the top 4 or 5 in the NCAA. Nice to see the huge crowd at the Joe with both teams well represented. Good win for you guys tonight.

On a completely different note, it's also nice to see Caustic posting again a little more frequently. He's so much better than the typical UM fans, you know, like Alfa and Streaker...

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
                                Fun hockey for both fan bases. Reminded me of some of the MSU/UM series in the 90s when both teams were usually among the top 4 or 5 in the NCAA. Nice to see the huge crowd at the Joe with both teams well represented. Good win for you guys tonight.

On a completely different note, it's also nice to see Caustic posting again a little more frequently. He's so much better than the typical UM fans, you know, like Alfa and Streaker...
                                Man, that's cold. But, I agree that more Caustic is good, actually.

How the heck did your team get swept by Ferris, btw? Miami must be licking their chops, too.

Makes that season ending series with Sparty more daunting- they played really well this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X