Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2011-2012 hockey thread

On to East Lansing and The Joe.

What do you think of our chances without TxBrownie on Friday? I would love a sweep, but a split would work. I just see us having a hard time in Munn unless Hunwick keeps up the magic.

We absolutely cannot take less than 3 points.
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
      On to East Lansing and The Joe.

What do you think of our chances without TxBrownie on Friday? I would love a sweep, but a split would work. I just see us having a hard time in Munn unless Hunwick keeps up the magic.

We absolutely cannot take less than 3 points.
      MSU is playing pretty well right now, even if they are only 4-4-2 in their last ten games, 2-2-2 at Munn including a sweep by Miami. They did get swept by Ferris up in Big Rapids, but rebounded in Columbus. Anytime you sweep an opponent on the road, it is impressive and adds confidence and momentum. I'd feel much better with Brown in the lineup since he has two goals and two assists in three games against them. He was injured for the WMU series earlier this year and we split that series- albeit at home.

I'd say that this will hamper our offense, so the pressure will be on Hunwick and the defense to hunker down. Any points in EL will be okay, and then win in Detroit.

Six games to go- 4-2 and Michigan takes a top four position in the CCHA. 5-1 or 6-0 and they have a real good chance of beating out FSU or WMU- the two teams I think with the inside track. @MSU, MSU at the Joe, NMU home finale and @BGSU. I don't see Ferris or WMU doing better than 4-2 with the schedules they have left. If they do, they deserve where they finish.
      Last edited by streaker; 02-07-2012, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
        Six games to go- 4-2 and Michigan takes a top four position in the CCHA. 5-1 or 6-0 and they have a real good chance of beating out FSU or WMU- the two teams I think with the inside track. @MSU, MSU at the Joe, NMU home finale and @BGSU. I don't see Ferris or WMU doing better than 4-2 with the schedules they have left. If they do, they deserve where they finish.
        Ferris - home & home with Notre Dame; BG @ home; home & home with Western
        Western - ohio @ home; @ Lake State; home & home with Ferris

I'd say 4-2 for each is just about right although Western could do 5-1 or even 6-0.

And, yes, Shawn needs to stand on his head Friday and get all the help he can.

I just pray Brian Hill is nowhere near East Lansing.
        Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
        Row 1
        Seats 6 & 7
        Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Shawn Hunwick: NATIONAL PLAYER OF THE WEEK

http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...st-shift_1019/
          Row 1
          Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Speaking of Shawn: http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/.../03/ccha_1018/
            Row 1
            Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
              Ferris - home & home with Notre Dame; BG @ home; home & home with Western
              Western - ohio @ home; @ Lake State; home & home with Ferris

I'd say 4-2 for each is just about right although Western could do 5-1 or even 6-0.

And, yes, Shawn needs to stand on his head Friday and get all the help he can.

I just pray Brian Hill is nowhere near East Lansing.
              Western has piddled down their collective legs the last couple of weeks, getting swept at Miami and then splitting with BG. That's opened the door for FSU and Michigan, really. I can't see them running the table, OSU is bound to win a game someday, LSSU is a solid team, especially at home and FSU seems to be doing it with mirrors, but are getting it done.

And right now I don't care who is wearing the stripes. They all seem to be skating on eggshells. Something doesn't seem to be right and the pressure on them is growing. We're not the only team getting puckered on. MSU is quite capable of stirring it up and we've already got a dose of what NMU is capable of. Just have to be better disciplined and poised to accept the circus act.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                OSU is bound to win a game someday,
                Obviously you didn't get the memo from Hoke.

It is ohio.

Small "o".
                Row 1
                Seats 6 & 7

Comment

It is ohio.

Small "o".
                  It's better than what I want to say, but okay.

Comment

I know it's not college hockey but they're saying next January's NHL winter classic will be the Red Wings vs the Maple Leafs in The Big House. SWEET! That'll be a new attendace record for the pro's.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                      I know it's not college hockey but they're saying next January's NHL winter classic will be the Red Wings vs the Maple Leafs in The Big House. SWEET! That'll be a new attendace record for the pro's.
                      That's been all over the news in southeast Michigan for a couple of months. Yesterday the U-M regents had a special meeting to approve leasing the stadium to the NHL which they did. $3,000,000 plus a "Significant" donation to the general scholarship fund.

There is supposed to be a news conference in Detroit this morning around 10:30 and another in Ann Arbor around 1:30 to officially announce it.

Along with that there is supposed to be an outdoor rink installed in Comerica Park with AHl and OHL games there along with next year's Great Lakes Invitational Tournament. The way things are going it is almost to the point where if there is a college outdoor game it is mandatory for the Wolverines to be a participant.

Stay tuned for the official announcement.
                      Row 1
                      Seats 6 & 7

Comment

That's been all over the news in southeast Michigan for a couple of months. Yesterday the U-M regents had a special meeting to approve leasing the stadium to the NHL which they did. $3,000,000 plus a "Significant" donation to the general scholarship fund.

There is supposed to be a news conference in Detroit this morning around 10:30 and another in Ann Arbor around 1:30 to officially announce it.

Along with that there is supposed to be an outdoor rink installed in Comerica Park with AHl and OHL games there along with next year's Great Lakes Invitational Tournament. The way things are going it is almost to the point where if there is a college outdoor game it is mandatory for the Wolverines to be a participant.

Stay tuned for the official announcement.

from today's Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...ckey-spectacle
                        Row 1
                        Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          yeah, I heard about it back in October...that's what you get for living in ground zero plus being a Dekers member...

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine318 View Post
                            yeah, I heard about it back in October...that's what you get for living in ground zero plus being a Dekers member...
                            Well, it has been a pretty poorly-kept secret since the late summer, so...

Comment

It is ohio.

Small "o".
                              Hey, I have ALWAYS been doing that for ohio, sparty, and rudy. Coach Hoke stole that from me!
                              Originally posted by alfablue
                              Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by CHProspective
                                http://www.collegehockeyprospective....justin-selman/

Michigan commit named CHP #59 NHL Draft College Prospect Justin Selman
                                I assume that we have a goalie recruit for next year? Pretty sure that Hunwick would come back for a 6th year if granted by the NCAA but the chances of that are about as good as an abandoned couch in east landfill NOT being set on fire...
                                Originally posted by alfablue
                                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Working...
                                X