Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2011-2012 hockey thread

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Weber's way overrated, and a thug. Great to see him being so embarased that he had to react by fighting. What Gups did was not only understandable, but Miami did it ALL WEEKEND. Nice to see Weber show that his team are a bunch of hacks in his eyes.
    I don't know if Berenson would agree that what Gups did was understandable. It gave Miami a reason to start a fight that has our best player tossed for next friday. I think there comes a point where you have to suck up your pride and let the scoreboard do all of the talking.

Comment

Originally posted by UMBand View Post
      A pure aside, but man, is Dave Brandon everywhere. And in an overbearing, hover-parent kind of way.
      I don't mind it. This series had powder keg written all over it and I am sure he was there to help send a few messages back to the league since Berenson can only do it cryptically.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
        I don't know if Berenson would agree that what Gups did was understandable. It gave Miami a reason to start a fight that has our best player tossed for next friday. I think there comes a point where you have to suck up your pride and let the scoreboard do all of the talking.
        I dunno, I think that game was going to end in a fight regardless of what Guptill did. The players wanted to send a message about hitting Hunwick, and sometimes the scoreboard isn't enough. Unfortunate to lose Brown for Friday (where's Gasoff when you need him??) but worth it if it makes a future opponent think twice about a cheap shot that might give Hunwick another concussion. I'm just bummed Brown didn't get an assist so he could've had a Gordie Howe hat trick!

Comment

Gotta say, the negative reps are funny. Apparently Miami fans expect some kind of dynasty or something...

As for the general Miami play- well- scoreboard says a lot.

Of the real play of us. The play with the puck in our defensive zone is looking a lot sharper- the blind dumps to nobody were very few, and the wingers seemed to place themselves to get out easier. Even the puck control scheme cycling back until they were ready wasn't all that nerve wracking. Much, much improved.

On the offense- well, they did get some cycling going, and spent great time in the Miami zone. Power play- puck movement is great. They'll get some in. PK- seemed to bottle up Miami even when they had control. And to get a shortie. By a defenseman, no less.

All in all, we are making great progress.

Had this not been SB weekend, I think Brown's undressing of Weber and the score right after that- he would have been Top 10 this morning on Sports Center. Sweet goal.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            Gotta say, the negative reps are funny. Apparently Miami fans expect some kind of dynasty or something...
            We have quite a few forum newbies on here, be nice and stop baiting them

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
              We have quite a few forum newbies on here, be nice and stop baiting them
              It's just so easy to do...

Comment

Originally posted by UMBand View Post
                You mean like half the student section?
                you mean like the entire west side of Yost. Make a peep without having the student section yelling "on your feet" and then we can talk.

Comment

Originally posted by wooderson View Post
                  i'm just bummed brown didn't get an assist so he could've had a gordie howe hat trick!

big grin!
                  Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                  Row 1
                  Seats 6 & 7
                  Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

From the CCHA website here are their highlights from Saturday's game.

I didn't notice it until the broadcast crew mentioned it in this video but the celebration after Moffie's first goal was right in front of Miami's bench - a message. (1:00-1:10 mark)

They also give a very good view of the "No goal" you can very plainly see it was on the line but not over. (2:20-2:25)

Then there is Brown undressing Weber - they were so impressed with that move they showed it four more times (2:35-3:05). Also if you watch closely you will see Brown "Tebow" at the 3:08 mark.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYTO8pqhRDU&list=UUkNhN72d_q4Cx_Oztg_8_qQ&index=2&feature=plcp
                    Row 1
                    Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                      From the CCHA website here are their highlights from Saturday's game.

I didn't notice it until the broadcast crew mentioned it in this video but the celebration after Moffie's first goal was right in front of Miami's bench - a message. (1:00-1:10 mark)

They also give a very good view of the "No goal" you can very plainly see it was on the line but not over. (2:20-2:25)

Then there is Brown undressing Weber - they were so impressed with that move they showed it four more times (2:35-3:05). Also if you watch closely you will see Brown "Tebow" at the 3:08 mark.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYTO8pqhRDU&list=UUkNhN72d_q4Cx_Oztg_8_qQ&index=2&feature=plcp
                      Thanks for that, Joe. Maybe you should post that on the Miami thread...

Edit: Although they would probably say that it was a goal.
                      Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Maybe if the video board at Yost wasn't so diminutive we could have avoided all the confusion. It's just flat out impossible to see the puck on that antiquated thing.

Enjoy the rest of your season, gents.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                          Maybe if the video board at Yost wasn't so diminutive we could have avoided all the confusion. It's just flat out impossible to see the puck on that antiquated thing.

Enjoy the rest of your season, gents.
                          There were only three things you could call diminutive at Yost this weekend: 1. Me. 2. Shawn Hunwick 3. Enrico Blasi.
                          At least two of us kept our cool and didn't make an azz of ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
                            Thanks for that, Joe. Maybe you should post that on the Miami thread...

Edit: Although they would probably say that it was a goal.
                            I did at about the same time I posted it here.

And, yes, they did.
                            Row 1
                            Seats 6 & 7

Comment

I did at about the same time I posted it here.

And, yes, they did.
                              Really...I did?

Comment

Originally posted by CHProspective
                                Justin Selman
                                NHL Central Scouting Bureau has him at #175 among North American Skaters. Of course a LOT of those rated higher are ineligible for NC$$ teams. The first 8 all fit into that category. The highest rated NC$$ eligible is #9 - Jacob Trouba - also coming to A2.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=76670
                                Last edited by Fan Forum Moderator; 02-19-2012, 09:46 PM. Reason: Removed deleted content
                                Row 1
                                Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Working...
                                X