Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2011-2012 hockey thread

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    I remember when I thought McInchak was the worst official in the league, now I think he's the best.
    You just like that he gave you candy.
    Hail! Hail! to Michigan, the champions of the CCHA (2010-11 regular season)!

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      the worst officiating I've ever seen
      That's quite a statement. Admittedly I haven't seen as many games in the recent years as you, but I can't argue with you. That Wilkins travesty from the UM-OSU CCHA semifinal in '02 looks tame by comparison. Anyone ever recall Red being so visibly upset about officiating before?

Speaking of 2002, does this year remind anyone else of that season? Plagued with mediocrity mid-season, the streak in serious jeopardy, missing its best player for a big chunk of the year, catching fire down the stretch, youth learning to play together... pleasantly familiar. Some key differences, though. No Ortmeyer, and instead of Blackburn in goal we have Sean Astin.

Which situation would you consider more implausible: Predicting on 12/1/11 that Michigan would be in position for a #1 seed by the first week of February... or predicting two years ago that the Yost fans would be chanting "Hobey Baker" at Shawn Hunwick, and have a legitimate argument? Explaining Hunwick to non-hockey followers continues to grow more complicated, since "Rudy" doesn't really describe everything Hunwick has been central to in the last two seasons. While out visiting bus families this morning I vainly attempted to describe Hunwick to my friend who was with me. "See, it's like Rudy--walk-on who almost didn't come to Michigan, wasn't supposed to play, Michigan having lousy season, starter got hurt, THEN Michigan starts winning, THEN they sweep MSU at Munn, knocking them out of the tournament, THEN they win the conference and keep the streak alive, THEN blahblahblahblah."

Here's hoping I have a few more THENs to add. As long as we have Hunwick in goal, we have a chance at #10, right? Who woulda believed we'd be saying that a couple of years ago?
      Jesus Saves

Comment

Originally posted by UMBand View Post
        Miami got jobbed on that goal
        I'll trade them for Ft. Wayne straight up.
        Jesus Saves

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Undertow View Post
          "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Caustic Undertow again."
          Hail! Hail! to Michigan, the champions of the CCHA (2010-11 regular season)!

Comment

Truthbomb.

Comment

I told my Dad that Blasi was whinning like he just got robbed in the Regional Finals. good one!!
              No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Best part was his praying-hands begging to get the ref to look at the scoreboard angle.

Comment

Miami got jobbed on that goal, but tough luck on the replay.
                  Not from my seats. No matter how much Blasi cried to the refs.

Comment

Best part was his praying-hands begging to get the ref to look at the scoreboard angle.
                    The best part was all of us in the Children of Yost mimicking his crying to Hill and Sergott.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine318 View Post
                      Not from my seats. No matter how much Blasi cried to the refs.
                      Yeah, no. Aren't you in the student section? In the opposite corner of the arena?

The key is the fact that the review has access to exactly one camera angle, directly above the net. From that angle, inconclusive. But from every other conceivable vantage point, yeah, that puck is in the net. Knew it the second it happened, I saw a whole puck surrounded by white. We got away with one. Didn't end up mattering, but still, gotta call a spade a spade. That was a pretty clear goal that ended up a no-goal because it wasn't visible from the overhead angle. It happens.

Doesn't make Blasi's whining any less hilarious.
                      Last edited by UMBand; 02-05-2012, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Also, gotta say, this "Children of Yost" business is cheesy.

Figure out a way to get the entire student section involved, instead of just the section directly adjacent to the band, and then get back to us.

Comment

Yeah, no. Aren't you in the student section? In the opposite corner of the arena?

The key is the fact that the review has access to exactly one camera angle, directly above the net. From that angle, inconclusive. But from every other conceivable vantage point, yeah, that puck is in the net. Knew it the second it happened, I saw a whole puck surrounded by white. We got away with one. Didn't end up mattering, but still, gotta call a spade a spade. That was a pretty clear goal that ended up a no-goal because it wasn't visible from the overhead angle. It happens.

Doesn't make Blasi's whining any less hilarious.
                          \

No you didn't. Unless you were directly above the net. I know you didn't see the puck like that because the only place where you could have had that view is directly above the net. Yay, for having a PhD level knowledge of optical physics. NO GOAL.
                          Last edited by wolverine318; 02-05-2012, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Did anyone else notice Brown "Tebowing" after his goal last night?

I wasn't sure I saw what I thought I saw so I asked the guy next to me "Did he just "Tebow"? He said "Yes, he did!".
                            Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                            Row 1
                            Seats 6 & 7
                            Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Also, gotta say, this "Children of Yost" business is cheesy.

Figure out a way to get the entire student section involved, instead of just the section directly adjacent to the band, and then get back to us.
                              Figure out a way to get the rest of stadium not sitting on their hands and not checking their smart phones the entire game and get back to us.

*****http://i1204.***********.com/albums/bb409/kitsunewill/HatersGonnaHate.gif******

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                                Did anyone else notice Brown "Tebowing" after his goal last night?

I wasn't sure I saw what I thought I saw so I asked the guy next to me "Did he just "Tebow"? He said "Yes, he did!".
                                yep, I also like the Gladiator style "are you not entertained?!" after his goal too.

Comment

Working...
                                X