Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2011-2012 hockey thread

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    I hope the CCHA does review the officiating and running the goalie. Sadly, it was made all too clear during the Notre Dame series that these officials would allow such things.

I know everyone always b* at officials. I remember when I thought McInchak was the worst official in the league, now I think he's the best. I would love to go back to 3 officials so some of these glorified linesman could go back to being linesman. Such as Sergott. I've seen better officials for Never Ever games at the Ice Cube. My favorite reason to hate Sergott as an official is the Adrian game I went to. He missed 2 GOALS. During a break in play the goal judge came out on the ice to talk to him.

In other news, tonight's game has been declared "Don Cherry Night" but some of the student section, everyone is welcome to participate by dressing like Don Cherry.
    FWIW, you're right about McInchak. He's done 11 of the 29 games Michigan has played. Pochmara is next, having done 9 of the 29 games. Hill (Sergott's partner last night) has done 7 and Lacina has done 7.

Comment

My favorite reason to hate Sergott as an official is the Adrian game I went to. He missed 2 GOALS. During a break in play the goal judge came out on the ice to talk to him.
      Hi.

I remember that game. After the 2nd goal he called the goal judge out to ask him about it. The goal judge was adamant about the puck crossing the line, going into great detail about how and where the puck went in. Afterwards Sergott still disallowed the goal.

I'll be making another appearance at Yost in a couple weeks, against NMU.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
        YOU SUCK E!

I bet you couldn't bank a shot off of both corners of the opening (and stay out) again in a million shots. That was heartbreaking.
        I could not see the shot (Zamboni was in the way) but at least the other two guys were able to put it in. As a team, you guys went nearly 67%.
        Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

• Originally posted by streaker View Post
          YOU SUCK E!

I bet you couldn't bank a shot off of both corners of the opening (and stay out) again in a million shots. That was heartbreaking.
          Closest attempt by far. Can't really believe I hit both 'posts' on the first shot. Now I have to wait a few years to try again. Funny enough, mrs Alfa did it as a lark- first time I entered for at least two seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
            And who buys the line that Ricky was upset with his team. I don't. The team played that hack way all night to our major advantage since they all forgot how to shoot the puck.

Rick blasé needs to contain his team a litte better.

Comment

Can anyone tell me if a 5:00 major penalty still carries an automatic "Game Disqualification"?

I'm not sure but I think at one time it did.
              Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
              Row 1
              Seats 6 & 7
              Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

I hope the CCHA does review the officiating and running the goalie.
                I seriously doubt it - call it pay back for leaving and allowing the CCHA to dissolve.

I remember when I thought McInchak was the worst official in the league, now I think he's the best.
                Sad, but TRUE! I REALLY miss Piotrowski. I thought with him as Director of Officiating the quality would go up.
                Row 1
                Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                  Can anyone tell me if a 5:00 major penalty still carries an automatic "Game Disqualification"?

If it was a match penalty, which it wasn't, it could at the discretion of the officials be a GDQ. In this case, it is treated like a 5 minute HFB and a gamer only.

Edit: Alton is correct- a gamer at the discretion of the official.
                  Last edited by streaker; 02-04-2012, 02:29 PM.

Comment

No, it never did. Certain majors (such as fighting) carry an automatic DQ, others (such has HFB) have an automatic game misconduct or DQ at the ref's discretion, but a charging major does not even have an automatic game misconduct, let alone an automatic DQ.

"The game of hockey, though much in vogue on the ice in New England and other parts of the United States, is not much known here."

--The Montreal Gazette, March 4, 1875.

Comment

I seriously doubt it - call it pay back for leaving and allowing the CCHA to dissolve.

Sad, but TRUE! I REALLY miss Piotrowski. I thought with him as Director of Officiating the quality would go up.
                      Piotrowski and the Shegii. Today, we long (?) for McInchak, Aaron, Hill, Pochmara... then pray.

Sergott is the only official that makes Wilkins look good.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        And who buys the line that Ricky was upset with his team. I don't. The team played that hack way all night to our major advantage since they all forgot how to shoot the puck.

Rick blasé needs to contain his team a litte better.
                        No kidding. I'm sure that after Coleman got the 5 min major (with less than 2 seconds left in the game) for cross checking Hunwick into the net Ricky asked him 'where was that all night?'.

I just hope MIchigan doesn't try to get even, but rather play to win the game.
                        No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Wol4ine View Post
                          No kidding. I'm sure that after Coleman got the 5 min major (with less than 2 seconds left in the game) for cross checking Hunwick into the net Ricky asked him 'where was that all night?'.

I just hope MIchigan doesn't try to get even, but rather play to win the game.
                          I think Red already laid that out there. But he also emphasized that it is up to the officials to keep control.

Our guys were not free from committing penalties, but my gosh, how many blatant bumps, pushes etc. is Hunwick going to take before he snaps again?
                          And the Miami choir is singing a different tune in their thread about how Hunwick dives and the Miami players are being pushed and xchecked into him.

Comment

Can any of you hockey geniuses out there tell me who was the FIRST U.S. citizen to have his name engraved on the Stanley Cup?

HINT: he has ties to U-M!

http://http://www.keweenawvideo.com/...dih/index.html
                            Row 1
                            Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Very satisfying win, very satisfying sweep. Can't say it was that satisfying of a shutout, since Miami didnt' seem to try to score all night, save the breakaway. Even the opening penalty- no shot. It was apparent pretty quickly that rickie blase was very happy with his team last night, and asked them to do MORE of it tonight, with the result of one less goal. Nice.

Thanks to the pretty pathetic reffing, we also got treated to what kind of hacks he breeds down there in Miami. To see Weber hack all night, and then the moment we hit their goalie ONCE, just like they did all weekend, and more so, he goes ballistic and gets into a fight with Brown. Maybe it was also weak payback that Brown so easily made both the Miami D and knapp look pretty pathetic... who knows. But thanks to him being a thug, Brown gets to sit out a game next week.

Ineteresting weekend- it was both the worst officiating I've ever seen (back to back hits to the head 5min, which didn't seem like either was that) and zero control, AND it was one of the most pathetic displays of hockey from rickie blase I've seen. Miami used to be that bad.

Anyway, onward and upward.

Comment

Another winning effort by Sergott and Co. tonight. Seriously, what a disgrace.

Looked clear as day from my vantage point in section 8, with a direct view of the goal line, Miami got jobbed on that goal, but tough luck on the replay. Them's the rules, I guess. Great win, even if Miami tried to thug it up at the end. Bummer it's going to cost us Brown next weekend, but they had nothing to lose with the game out of hand and UAH next weekend. Bring on the goons, it's garbage time.

Comment

Working...
                                X