Michigan Wolverines 2011-2012 hockey thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2011-2012 hockey thread

Wohlberg is unofficially questionable for this weekend. Mixed signals from coach Berenson on his health. My take is, Miami is a big, physical team and he doesn't want Wohly to risk more serious injury. Time for our secondary scoring to kick it in gear.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
      Wohlberg is unofficially questionable for this weekend. Mixed signals from coach Berenson on his health. My take is, Miami is a big, physical team and he doesn't want Wohly to risk more serious injury. Time for our secondary scoring to kick it in gear.
      Just a few min ago, Spath over at the Rivals site is reporting that Wohlberg will play this weekend. whew.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        Just a few min ago, Spath over at the Rivals site is reporting that Wohlberg will play this weekend. whew.
        Yup, I heard coach Wiseman this a.m. say that on TKA.

Comment

Decent win, great first and half second period, but the game really slowed down after the fourth goal.

Good thing Ricky prepared his team to play a dumb mental game since they totally forgot how to shoot. Instead of shooting, run the goalie. Moron.

On our play, the teams puck handling is getting really good, including Claire. PP is MUCH sharper. The team is playing with some good confidence. Good stuff!

Comment

Oh and the announcer didn't butcher the score o guy out there. So close!!!

Comment

Decent win, great first and half second period, but the game really slowed down after the fourth goal.

Good thing Ricky prepared his team to play a dumb mental game since they totally forgot how to shoot. Instead of shooting, run the goalie. Moron.

On our play, the teams puck handling is getting really good, including Claire. PP is MUCH sharper. The team is playing with some good confidence. Good stuff!
              Didn't help we started Reichard. He's been awful the past two months. Started to see the boys come around in the second but couldn't bury any of those chances (BIGGS with the empty netter goes high and wide). Don't know what was up with running Hunwick so much, looks like we took a page from Notre Dame tonight. See Knapp tomorrow and a better result for the skins, hopefully.

Since December...

Knapp
              6-2-0
              .953 GAA
              .940 SV%

Reichard
              1-4-0
              3.56 GAA
              .867 SV%

Comment

So far Keith Sergott in his reffing resume has reffed the Kampfer attack by FYS, the ND thug fest earlier this season, and tonight's let's run over Hunwick all night party. Way to make a stand you worthless piece of crap. I hope he doesn't follow us to the B1G. I don't think I could handle another season with this knucklehead.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                  Didn't help we started Reichard. He's been awful the past two months. Started to see the boys come around in the second but couldn't bury any of those chances (BIGGS with the empty netter goes high and wide). Don't know what was up with running Hunwick so much, looks like we took a page from Notre Dame tonight. See Knapp tomorrow and a better result for the skins, hopefully.

Since December...

Knapp
                  6-2-0
                  .953 GAA
                  .940 SV%

Reichard
                  1-4-0
                  3.56 GAA
                  .867 SV%
                  Sounds like an excuse... Are you sure that you're not a sparty in disguise?

On a different note, even though Michigan sits in a tie for 6th place right now I'm fairly optimistic after tonight's performance. We have two games in-hand on 2 of the 3rd place teams (miami and tuo$) and as of right now they are only 1 point ahead of us. We are actually only 4 points out of first, and get this, after tomorrow nights game with miami we play 3 of the bottom 4 teams in the league (sparty, Northern, and Bowling Green). None of those games will be easy, especially the annoying Lil'Brother games, but we're looking good. I'm not talking regular season title, although that is possible, but definitely Top 4.

I guess that early #1 ranking wasn't too far off? I also suppose the 0-7-1 period was good to put the fire back in the team.

Finally, what happened to suckeye? Not that I care, actually it is entertaining me to see those idiots suffer but wow.

Last edited by UMICH; 02-03-2012, 10:55 PM.
                  Originally posted by alfablue
                  Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                  Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                    Sounds like an excuse... Are you sure that you're not a sparty in disguise?

On a different note, even though Michigan sits in a tie for 7th place right now I'm fairly optimistic after tonight's performance. We have two games in-hand on 2 of the 3rd place teams (miami and tuo$) and as of right now they are only 1 point ahead of us. We are actually only 4 points out of first, and get this, after tomorrow nights game with miami we play 3 of the bottom 4 teams in the league (sparty, Northern, and Bowling Green). None of those games will be easy, especially the annoying Lil'Brother games, but we're looking good. I'm not talking regular season title, although that is possible, but definitely Top 4.

I guess that early #1 ranking wasn't too far off? I also suppose the 0-7-1 period was good to put the fire back in the team.

Finally, what happened to suckeye? Not that I care, actually it is entertaining me to see those idiots suffer but wow.

No excuse, like I said started to come around in the second, but that first was awful. Definitely deserved the L with how they came out tonight. No puck possession whatsoever in the first, the boys were all over the place defensively and looked lost. Settled down a bit but it was well over by then. Those goalie stats are hard to ignore right now though.

Comment

No excuse, like I said started to come around in the second, but that first was awful. Definitely deserved the L with how they came out tonight. No puck possession whatsoever in the first, the boys were all over the place defensively and looked lost. Settled down a bit but it was well over by then. Those goalie stats are hard to ignore right now though.
                      What was with running Hunwick? And we have had similar goalie issues in the past, I'm thinking Billy Sauer and Bryan Hogan? Am I remembering correctly fellow Blue Ice fans?
                      Last edited by UMICH; 02-03-2012, 11:03 PM.
                      Originally posted by alfablue
                      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Red is not happy:

http://annarbor.com/sports/berenson-...icbox_headline
                        Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                        Row 1
                        Seats 6 & 7
                        Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Oh and the announcer didn't butcher the score o guy out there. So close!!!
                          YOU SUCK E!

I bet you couldn't bank a shot off of both corners of the opening (and stay out) again in a million shots. That was heartbreaking.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine318 View Post
                            So far Keith Sergott in his reffing resume has reffed the Kampfer attack by FYS, the ND thug fest earlier this season, and tonight's let's run over Hunwick all night party. Way to make a stand you worthless piece of crap. I hope he doesn't follow us to the B1G. I don't think I could handle another season with this knucklehead.
                            You also forgot that he and his tagteam partner Miller did the ND-WMU where they tossed the wrong guy after the blindside hit on a WMU player.

Overall, the CCHA officiating is a disgrace. Very few of these officials can keep up with the size and talent on the ice now.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out if you lose control of the game at the beginning, it's only going to get worse. Red is being more and more vocal about it now. If he had the team to handle it on the ice, it would have already been done. But outside of a few guys like Pateryn, Brown and Guptill, our team is at a size disadvantage. Teams are taking liberties with them by charging through the crease unabated. He sent a direct message to Fred Pletsch that this issue better get resolved.

Comment

I hope the CCHA does review the officiating and running the goalie. Sadly, it was made all too clear during the Notre Dame series that these officials would allow such things.

I know everyone always b* at officials. I remember when I thought McInchak was the worst official in the league, now I think he's the best. I would love to go back to 3 officials so some of these glorified linesman could go back to being linesman. Such as Sergott. I've seen better officials for Never Ever games at the Ice Cube. My favorite reason to hate Sergott as an official is the Adrian game I went to. He missed 2 GOALS. During a break in play the goal judge came out on the ice to talk to him.

In other news, tonight's game has been declared "Don Cherry Night" but some of the student section, everyone is welcome to participate by dressing like Don Cherry.
                              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                              7 B1G
                              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                              2 Alaskan

Comment

I partially blame Blasi for not containing his team. If McKenzie, Weber, Coleman etc. dewching it up again tonight, they are going to get run early. Bank on it. No excuse for the blatant shenanigans at the end of the game.

Kudos for our PK for surviving that second period. That could have been devastating, being outshot 12-1 with the only shot ending up in the net. I counted at least three or four goalposts for each team, also.
                                Last edited by streaker; 02-04-2012, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X