Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2011-2012 hockey thread

Originally posted by Arpod View Post
    Mea culpa with respect to Merrill. I said very early on that I would be shocked if he played another game for Red, and I stand corrected. Good for Jon to have gotten his act together and sticking it out; good for Red for holding him accountable, which all too often does not happen when high-end players transgress.
    I remember that Arpod. Thanks for being upright about it.

Buckeye: Thanks as well. I'm sure Ohio's finest will be stationed along US-23 waiting to "help" any motorist with Michigan plates.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
      Buckeye: Thanks as well. I'm sure Ohio's finest will be stationed along US-23 waiting to "help" any motorist with Michigan plates.
      I used to travel every weekend to Michigan and the worst part for road conditions I thought was on I-75 between Toledo and Findlay as most of the freeway is level with the surrounding farm fields and the snow would blow across and freeze. One particular trip it was really bad and almost every 1/4-1/2 mile there would be a car in the median ditch with the people still in them and where were the troopers? In the turn arounds running their speed traps! And if they did offer assistance then they'd cite you for driving too fast in unsafe conditions or failure to control. Drive safe guys and don't give them any excuse to add to the state's treasury.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        I used to travel every weekend to Michigan and the worst part for road conditions I thought was on I-75 between Toledo and Findlay as most of the freeway is level with the surrounding farm fields and the snow would blow across and freeze. One particular trip it was really bad and almost every 1/4-1/2 mile there would be a car in the median ditch with the people still in them and where were the troopers? In the turn arounds running their speed traps! And if they did offer assistance then they'd cite you for driving too fast in unsafe conditions or failure to control. Drive safe guys and don't give them any excuse to add to the state's treasury.
        Was that the same weekend as the recent blizzard in Cinci? We made a trip down with friends, but the snowstorm closed all of SW Ohio. The drive back was hary, but that stretch you mention was an ice rink. Scary has heck. Tow truck guys were making a killing the next day....

Comment

Who is going to the game on Sunday? I feel obligated, since I have been to all the previous outdoor games Michigan has been in, but I am not all the hyped about it.
          Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Good game last night. Hunwick looked great. We sure needed those 3 points. Another 3 would make it even better! See everyone on Sunday.
            Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
              Who is going to the game on Sunday? I feel obligated, since I have been to all the previous outdoor games Michigan has been in, but I am not all the hyped about it.
              I'll be there, leaving Sunday mid morning. Coming back right after the game or sooner depending on roads. I'm not excited either, but hopefully we can see this weekend as a springboard for the rest of the way.

Comment

Good game last night. Hunwick looked great. We sure needed those 3 points. Another 3 would make it even better! See everyone on Sunday.
                The only blemish is the PP and that even looked better. Great start by Hunwick to give the boys confidence, then to pop two first period goals was huge. Take the game on Sunday and they really make things interesting in the CCHA and help themselves immensely in the NCAA PWR/RPI. Good to see that AJ finally nailed one. Gupper, Brownie and Wohly have been carrying the offense too long. How about Moffie, too? IIRC he leads all CCHA defensemen in points.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  Was that the same weekend as the recent blizzard in Cinci? We made a trip down with friends, but the snowstorm closed all of SW Ohio. The drive back was hary, but that stretch you mention was an ice rink. Scary has heck. Tow truck guys were making a killing the next day....
                  No, this was back in the mid 1990's but the scenerio along that stretch of road never changes with time.
                  BTW your guys played really well last night and Hunwick was impressive in net. OSU just couldn't seem to get in sync with their passing & puck control and although we had some good chances against you we just kept missing the net. Your team probably felt they got back some of their dignity last night after we took the 2 from you on your home ice. See you all Sunday, it should be fun!

Comment

This from the Dispatch, "Osiecki said he expects his players to be excited about the prospect of playing before approximately 25,000 in Cleveland."
                    What is the capacity of Value City? And he didn't say '25,000 Buckeye fans'. Some of those 25,000 will be from north of Toledo.
                    No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Wol4ine View Post
                      This from the Dispatch, "Osiecki said he expects his players to be excited about the prospect of playing before approximately 25,000 in Cleveland."
                      What is the capacity of Value City? And he didn't say '25,000 Buckeye fans'. Some of those 25,000 will be from north of Toledo.
                      Value City's (I HATE that name, it's so tacky) official capacity for hockey is 17,500 which was a sell-out it's inagural season against who else but Michigan. Last nights crowd was around 10,000 and was twice as large as the biggest crowd we had so far this season which was against Miami. There was a decent turnout of Michigan fans last night but the OSU fans were very much the majority.
                      It's interesting that Michigan holds the outdoor college hockey attendance record for a regualr season game against the Spartans last year and Ohio State holds the indoor regular season record against Michigan in 1999.
                      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-14-2012, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        It's interesting that Michigan holds the outdoor college hockey attendance record for a regualr season game against the Spartans last year and Ohio State holds the indoor regular season record against Michigan in 1999.
                        On-campus indoor record? Michigan and MSU have filled the Joe (20k) numerous times. Or do you mean OSU's record?

Comment

Originally posted by redwings8831 View Post
                          On-campus indoor record? Michigan and MSU have filled the Joe (20k) numerous times. Or do you mean OSU's record?
                          I meant on campus. I know the Joe is second home to the Wolverines but let me re-phrase it. If there is such a record catagory it's the largest regular season indoor record in a team's own on campus venue.
                          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-14-2012, 11:47 PM.

Comment

This is how I feel. I've been to the other outdoor games. It's not that far of a trip, so I felt I should go. Now that it is day of I'm getting a little bit excited about it. Though, I'm more excited for my road trip to Notre Dame next weekend. I much prefer on campus hockey facilities for my hockey viewing.

I think after the Cold War, the game at Camp Randall, and the Big Chill...the novelty has worn off. And yet, I still bought a ticket.
                            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                            7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

We're back! Huge weekend!
                              Red has the boys playing like the top team in the country which they could very well be!

Now they should soar in the rankings. I say top 5.
                              ANy comments?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Robin View Post
                                We're back! Huge weekend!
                                Red has the boys playing like the top team in the country which they could very well be!

Now they should soar in the rankings. I say top 5.
                                ANy comments?
                                Well we're #5 in the PWR right now. Doubt will be that high in the polls but all that matters is the PWR.

Comment

Working...
                                X