Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2011-2012 hockey thread

Originally posted by quack View Post
    Back onto hockey (sort of) - how do people feel about the goal horn? It annoys the heck out of me, but I may just be a curmudgeon.
    I hate it alot. I'd MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH rather hear then band than that stupid horn.

Comment

Originally posted by quack;
      Blazer - Blimpy is my favorite, though too greasy for some. Casey's makes a very good burger as well. .
      Originally posted by streaker View Post
      http://www.annarbor.com/bestof/conte...cle_message_10

Try this list. It may be a bit dated, though.
      Thank you both, I'll give Blimpy's a try.
      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

It's been a decade (or 2) since I had a Blimpy. Do they even have tables there? I seem to remember that people got their burger to go. The best thing about Blimpy's was that they were fast. Today, I'd rather just go to Red Robin, sit down and enjoy a good burger with a beer and endless fries.
        No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
          Thank you both, I'll give Blimpy's a try.
          Not necessarily a burger, but I tried Frita Batidos around Christmas and the fritas (Cuban-style burgers) were awesome. http://fritabatidos.com/

The chef was on "Top Chef" and used to have a very high-end restaurant in Kerrytown (near Zingerman's)

Aside from that, I would second Blimpy's. It's cheaper than food!
          Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by Wol4ine View Post
            It's been a decade (or 2) since I had a Blimpy. Do they even have tables there? I seem to remember that people got their burger to go. The best thing about Blimpy's was that they were fast. Today, I'd rather just go to Red Robin, sit down and enjoy a good burger with a beer and endless fries.
            IIRC they have those little round tables and some booths. It's been years since I ventured over there and with good reason. My cardiologist would have a fit.

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
              Not necessarily a burger, but I tried Frita Batidos around Christmas and the fritas (Cuban-style burgers) were awesome. http://fritabatidos.com/

The chef was on "Top Chef" and used to have a very high-end restaurant in Kerrytown (near Zingerman's)

Aside from that, I would second Blimpy's. It's cheaper than food!
              If you are going to metion Eve and her Frita restaraunt, then I'll one up you in terms of both cost and "good God, that's an amazing burger"- The Grange on Liberty (basically, directly behind Frita Batidos on the next block over). Total opposite burger to Blimpy- it will cost you $15. But you'll want a $10 glass of wine go with it.

(I'll admit to being friends with both Eve at Frita and Brandon- the owner/chef of The Grange.)

Blimpy is awesome, though. Just be ready. They move fast.

Comment

FWIW, the CCHA has suspended LSSU forward Andrew Perrault for one game due to contact to the head of Alex Guptill last friday. No penalty was called on the play.

edited for a correction. The suspension was for a hit on Guptill , not Hunwick.
                Last edited by streaker; 01-12-2012, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  Blimpy is awesome, though. Just be ready. They move fast.
                  Not anymore. The food there is still top shelf, but the last few times I've been there, the line has been out the door and the wait has been awful. Even since it has been on TV, everyone wants to bring in their family of 8, and the newest generation of cooks just don't seem as fast, although that's partly due to having to slow down for people that don't know what they're doing.
                  Originally posted by dicaslover
                  Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                  Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                    Not anymore. The food there is still top shelf, but the last few times I've been there, the line has been out the door and the wait has been awful. Even since it has been on TV, everyone wants to bring in their family of 8, and the newest generation of cooks just don't seem as fast, although that's partly due to having to slow down for people that don't know what they're doing.
                    I should be clearer. They really want you to KNOW what you want when they ask. In the right order. Don't delay in telling them.

Not that they are fast or anything...

Comment

FWIW, it's good that Jon Merrill and the program have come to a resolution that will have him back on the ice. May not be good for certain other programs but it's good for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                        FWIW, it's good that Jon Merrill and the program have come to a resolution that will have him back on the ice. May not be good for certain other programs but it's good for the game.
                        Thanks, appreciate it. Merrill did the right thing,the honorable thing by staying and taking the medicine for his indiscretion.

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
                          Also, looking at the replays, it looked like Guptil got a shoulder to the head. In the NHL, the Laker player might be looking at a suspension, even though a penalty was not called. In the lame-duck CCHA, Guptil will be lucky to get an apology.

Originally posted by streaker
                          FWIW, the CCHA has suspended LSSU forward Andrew Perrault for one game due to contact to the head of Alex Guptill last friday. No penalty was called on the play.
                          I stand corrected
                          Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                            Thanks, appreciate it. Merrill did the right thing,the honorable thing by staying and taking the medicine for his indiscretion.
                            The fact that he didn't run from it is ... refreshing.

Comment

Mea culpa with respect to Merrill. I said very early on that I would be shocked if he played another game for Red, and I stand corrected. Good for Jon to have gotten his act together and sticking it out; good for Red for holding him accountable, which all too often does not happen when high-end players transgress.
                              Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Snowing here in Columbus now with a chance of 2 inches tonight and 2 more by tomorrow evening and more accumulation predicted the closer to Michigan. Any wolverine fans coming down for Fridays game need to take extra time and hopefully arrive safely!

Comment

Working...
                                X