Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2011-2012 hockey thread

Originally posted by Wol4ine View Post
    Walking back to the car I overheard someone talking on the phone to a family member that he had concussion symptoms. It sounded as minor as you could put it while still taking him out of the game. Janecyk played adequate once he got warmed up. Would not be surprised if he starts.
    He got cranked pretty good (twice) actually and nothing was called by that toad Wilkins and his sidekick, the ex-linesman turned referee, Langseth. Lakers will keep doing it, too, as long as it won't be called. It worked for NMU, it worked for OSU, may as well work for LSSU.

Comment

Tough tie last night, but all things considered with Janny's first start, it was a fair outcome. Tough breaking losing a third period lead- and they were all over the Lakers in OT. The shootout started out well and Janny was awesome. Too bad we couldn't bury another goal (or even get a shot on net) after the initial shootout goal. Lakers celebrated like it was a playoff win- but in actuality Michigan is now 14-0-1 against them since 2007. Yes, the two points they earned are huge in the standings, though. What a logjam in the CCHA.

Wol4ine: You are accurate, sir.. but the media can't discuss it per orders from the stalag. Awaiting word on Guptill too, after that slash he took. Happened in front of Alfa and me. NO call, either.

Comment

Slash, eh? We saw him shoot, and the next thing was Alex out on the ice. We were surprised to not see a lot more fireworks after another cheap shot like that.

You could see that the team really missed him as the game went on. With an exclamation point in the shoot out.

Janny did a darned good job last night. Rebound look to be the biggest problem, which only was one goal. IMHO our tight sticks just didn't get good shots (but neither did theirs). Fair tie.

Claire needs to see a shrink- he's playing with almost no confidence out there. More than once, he did keep an easy puck in the zone, and he's indecisive in most other pick moves. He and servile cost us a lead.

Still, huge team improvement over November.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          A month ago, we were ready for Kevin to start wearing his suit more often. Now he's defensive potw?

Wow.
          And now you can add "GLI MVP"!
          Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
          Row 1
          Seats 6 & 7
          Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
            He got cranked pretty good (twice) actually and nothing was called by that toad Wilkins and his sidekick, the ex-linesman turned referee, Langseth. Lakers will keep doing it, too, as long as it won't be called. It worked for NMU, it worked for OSU, may as well work for LSSU.
            Jim - you hold Wilkins in a much higher regard than he deserves!

I WOULD tell you exactly what I think of him but that would likely result in my being banished.
            Row 1
            Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Janny did a darned good job last night. Rebound look to be the biggest problem, which only was one goal. IMHO our tight sticks just didn't get good shots (but neither did theirs). Fair tie.
              I was satisfied with what I saw. I can't fault him over either of the two goals.

The skaters in front of him didn't give him much help. The seemingly season long problem of not clearing the front of the net nor the defensive zone.
              Row 1
              Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                And now you can add "GLI MVP"!
                Up one week, down the next. Oh, he had a bad weekend against Lake State.

Comment

Up one week, down the next. Oh, he had a bad weekend against Lake State.
                  Definitely down this past weekend. Was surprised to see Chaisson scratched and Clare still in for Saturday night. Serville looked to be on the bench during most of the third period as Red went with 5 d-men for the most part.

Also, looking at the replays, it looked like Guptil got a shoulder to the head. In the NHL, the Laker player might be looking at a suspension, even though a penalty was not called. In the lame-duck CCHA, Guptil will be lucky to get an apology.
                  Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
                    Definitely down this past weekend. Was surprised to see Chaisson scratched and Clare still in for Saturday night. Serville looked to be on the bench during most of the third period as Red went with 5 d-men for the most part.

Also, looking at the replays, it looked like Guptil got a shoulder to the head. In the NHL, the Laker player might be looking at a suspension, even though a penalty was not called. In the lame-duck CCHA, Guptil will be lucky to get an apology.
                    Shhhhh. The Michigan Hockey Dept. of Information Misdirection would prefer that you not talk about it.

I agree after watching it, but there was a hack taken too. Contact to the head something.

Also, make your own conclusions on Hunwick. He took a puck directly to the mask and got run a couple of times.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                      The shootout started out well and Janny was awesome. Too bad we couldn't bury another goal (or even get a shot on net) after the initial shootout goal.
                      Listening to the post game wrap up they said the Laker goalie made some great saves in OT. Wohlberg was the only save he made. Moffatt scored and all the others were high off the glass, with the exception of Treais who dumped his puck into the corner. A 'bold strategy' to say the least, unfortunately it did not pay dividends. I think our troubles in the shoot out stemmed from the fact there were no Dmen skates to bank it off of.
                      No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

The Michigan Daily reporters tweeted that Guptill and Hunwick (per Red) will be back at practice on Tuesday and are expected to play this weekend.

Comment

Way off topic but wth........visiting your fair city next week and want to visit the best burger place there.....any suggestions?

I've heard blimpy's tossed around.
                          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web...77609&cmd=apop

Here is a podcast about the game this weekend between Ohio State and Michigan. Pete Cunningham from AnnArbor.com along with UM d-man Lee Moffie are on the program.

Comment

Blazer - Blimpy is my favorite, though too greasy for some. Casey's makes a very good burger as well.

Back onto hockey (sort of) - how do people feel about the goal horn? It annoys the heck out of me, but I may just be a curmudgeon.
                              Hail! Hail! to Michigan, the champions of the CCHA (2010-11 regular season)!

Comment

http://www.annarbor.com/bestof/conte...cle_message_10

Try this list. It may be a bit dated, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X