• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2011-2012 hockey thread

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
    Jim
    Thank you
    I don't know how I did that. I must have clicked on the wrong tab I had open to get the URL
    No problem, Joe. Meant to say hello at the last game... happy holidays to you and your family.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
      close

as I recall I think he graduated in '94 or '95 - that would make it 17 - 18 years ago
      Yep, Mike scored 103 goals for Michigan from '91-'92 to '94-'95. Morrison ('93-'94 to '96-'97) was on the same line w/ him Knuble's senior year IIRC.

Comment

**SHAMELESS PLUG HERE**

Please vote for Balance Massage Therapy for the best place in Ann Arbor to get a Therapeutic Massage in Washtenaw County.

http://www.annarbor.com/bestof/conte...eutic-massage/

Thank You!!!
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Carl Hagelin lighting it up for the Rangers:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...ork/52237642/1
          Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
          Row 1
          Seats 6 & 7
          Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Congrats to the boys for winning the GLI. Now wT doesn't have to worry about the bad karma of having the banner in Yost say 2011 GLI Champs. Just need to add 2010.

Also, Hagelin scored his 7th last night. Should probably warrant keeping him up. His is tied for 5th on the team in Goals.
            Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Aside from a poor second period (with a good outcome) against BC and some sloppy stretches against MSU, I'll take it. Hunwick redeemed himself for a goal or two he probably wished he had back. He was outstanding in OT and the boys dominated that stretch. Solid contributions by every line and solid defense.
              Nice way to respond to the mountain standing in front of them. On to face LSSU this weekend!

Comment

Luke Moffatt and Kevin Clare named CCHA offensive and defensive players of the week.

Latest poll has Michigan at 16 (MSU at 15) and PWR at 15. Lots of work ahead and plenty of opportunity to gain conference and PWR points.

Comment

A month ago, we were ready for Kevin to start wearing his suit more often. Now he's defensive potw?

Wow.

Any word on Merril?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    A month ago, we were ready for Kevin to start wearing his suit more often. Now he's defensive potw?

Wow.

Any word on Merril?
                    According to some sources, Red said he's not playing this weekend and gave body language that he may not play for some time yet.

Comment

Game tonight. Hope to see a few there (I'm sure I'll see streaker....).

Did get confirmation on the Rivals UM hockey board that Merril isn't playing- this was told to the reporter by Red. May be much later this month. Interesting. (also interesting to see many people think that they would have gone pro and not paid the piper for their actions... but that's more for off topic)

The same reporter did mention that the team appears to be gelling better in the locker (which he's able to observe), which puts a lot into the observations on ice that they are working better together, and are playing with more confidence. So lets hope that this progress is played out this weekend at Yost, since we won't get to see them on home ice until Feb 3 after Saturday's game.

We can make a run for it- not sure for first place right now, but for home ice until we get to the Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                        According to some sources, Red said he's not playing this weekend and gave body language that he may not play for some time yet.
                        Twitter is blowing up with players saying that "Jonny" will be back.

Edit: And of course, the original tweet has been deleted...
                        Last edited by bluevox; 01-06-2012, 02:07 PM.
                        Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
                          Twitter is blowing up with players saying that "Jonny" will be back.

Edit: And of course, the original tweet has been deleted...
                          Michigan Daily confirmed it and the tweets from Brown, T Lynch and Guptill are still up.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                            Did get confirmation on the Rivals UM hockey board that Merril isn't playing- this was told to the reporter by Red. May be much later this month. Interesting. (also interesting to see many people think that they would have gone pro and not paid the piper for their actions... but that's more for off topic)
                            Clearly, the credibilty of this poster has seriously taken a hit. Merrill even got an assist tonight.

They do look a lot better, that's for sure. Couple of bad passes (Claire's poor dump at center led to the laker's second goal, IMHO) but all in all, very good.

Comment

The Hunwick mystery continues, though.

Comment

Walking back to the car I overheard someone talking on the phone to a family member that he had concussion symptoms. It sounded as minor as you could put it while still taking him out of the game. Janecyk played adequate once he got warmed up. Would not be surprised if he starts.
                                No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                                X