X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2011-2012 hockey thread

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    Something to build on with MSU up next.
    Let's hope. Maybe we can keep this thread in the first two pages. Are you up for it, Streaker?
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

A big triple header on FSD this friday. They kick off with the UM vs msu game. Then "Blue Ice: The Story of Michigan Hockey". I've read the book and I'm really looking forward to seeing that old, b&w footage of the early glory days. Then they have the Tech vs Minnie game on.

Could football season be over?
      No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Wol4ine View Post
        A big triple header on FSD this friday. They kick off with the UM vs msu game. Then "Blue Ice: The Story of Michigan Hockey". I've read the book and I'm really looking forward to seeing that old, b&w footage of the early glory days. Then they have the Tech vs Minnie game on.

Could football season be over?
        Really? What time are they going to show it? Sounds like a good show to watch!

(and based on some of the videos from '96 and '98, I may make it on TV! )

Comment

Did you catch this in Paula Weston's column last Friday: I’ve been saying that the Wolverines seem to have lost their teeth, their passion, and junior Chris Brown’s remarks from last weekend echo that. “We can’t do anything different. It’s not the systems, it’s not our goalie, it’s not our defense, it’s not our forwards, it’s not coaching, it’s nothing — it’s just the will to want to win a game. And right now, we don’t have it.”

I have said many times over the past few weeks "They are just out there being outworked and out hustled." With all due respect to Mr. Brown - I partially agree (the lack of "Will to win") but must ask "Where is the coaching staff?" This is just as much their responsibility as is teaching techniques and "X's and O's". Did the departure of Mel leave this big a hole? Did Red lose his "Fire"? AND WHERE ARE THE CAPTAINS?

Where is Jed Ortmeyer when he is needed?
          Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
          Row 1
          Seats 6 & 7
          Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            Really? What time are they going to show it? Sounds like a good show to watch!

(and based on some of the videos from '96 and '98, I may make it on TV! )
            The U-M v MSU game starts at 7:30. Games usually end around 10:00 give or take a couple of minutes. Based on Wol4ine's post I would say "Blue Ice" will start around 10:00 give or take a few minutes.
            Row 1
            Seats 6 & 7

Comment

http://areyouwatchingthis.com/tv/sta...sports-detroit
              UM vs MSU @ 7:30
              Blue Ice @ 10
              MTU vs UmTC @11

They've showed promo's during some of the Wings games. Looks like it could be a good show, too bad it's only an hour!
              No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I wish I could add something as to how the team played this last weekend, but obviously, I did not see it. Was there an internet feed anywhere?
                Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Over on eLynah.com, there's a report that the Cornell athletic dept. has been in discussions with Michigan about playing a game at MSG on the Saturday after Thanksgiving 2012. Thought you all would be interested and was curious if anyone could corroborate from the Michigan side of the fence.

Cornell has played BU at MSG 3 times over the last several years in an event called "Red Hot Hockey," selling out all 18,000+ seats each time. I guess the logical name for next year would just be "Red and Blue and Maize Hockey."
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                    Over on eLynah.com, there's a report that the Cornell athletic dept. has been in discussions with Michigan about playing a game at MSG on the Saturday after Thanksgiving 2012. Thought you all would be interested and was curious if anyone could corroborate from the Michigan side of the fence.

Cornell has played BU at MSG 3 times over the last several years in an event called "Red Hot Hockey," selling out all 18,000+ seats each time. I guess the logical name for next year would just be "Red and Blue and Maize Hockey."
                    This is the first I have heard of this.

U-M used to have a standing Thanksgiving weekend date with Wisconsin and Minnesota alternating host privileges. I believe it was odd years here even years there. Sparty made up the fourth. That ended after last year's set. This year Northeastern and Union came to Yost.
                    Row 1
                    Seats 6 & 7

Comment

New special on Detroit Public Television - WDET channel 56

Celebrating one of the fastest, most challenging sports in the world and its role in Canadian life, Hockey: More Than a Game premieres Monday, 12/12 at 8:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. ET. Exploring hockey history and culture, the entertaining and passionate documentary offers an insightful, intimate look at the game described as “Canada’s gift to the world.”

While capturing the timeless excitement of competition, the film relays the spirit of hockey, its traditions, dramatic human stories and family commitment.

Former Detroit Red Wing player and Canadian Olympic team member Jason Woolley will join us in-studio for more insight on the program.

Tune in to learn how hockey has evolved over nearly 200 years — from open-pond outdoor games to professional play in packed National Hockey League arenas.

Here is a trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbbwH...ature=youtu.be
                      Row 1
                      Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Would that be former Spartan Jason Woolley?

Comment

Don't forget tonight is the teddy bear toss. Bonus points if you hit wolverine318 with one.

Go Blue!
                          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G
                          7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                          6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                          5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                          5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                          2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                          2 Alaskan

Comment

Aim for me!!! I will try to be in front of section 17. If you don't buy a teddy bear before the game, you can buy one from the Dekers at Yost!

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                              Don't forget tonight is the teddy bear toss. Bonus points if you hit wolverine318 with one.

Go Blue!
                              Can we stuff our teddy bear with a brick to hit him???

Kidding!!!
                              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

So, can we play State more often?

Even if we lose that game, they sure played a whole lot better than I remember for a while.

That 10 min where State scored twice was pretty scary, though. Still have some problems moving the puck in our defensive zone.

But the offense did look really good most of the game. Pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X