Michigan Wolverines 2011-2012 hockey thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2011-2012 hockey thread

FyI, Di Guiseppe was invited to the Canada WJC camp, so he could be gone for a bit.

Comment

Michigan has a tough schedule thru Feb 11th: @ Alaska; MSU (home & home); BC and Tech or MSU; Lake State; @ OSU; @ ND; Miami; @ MSU & @ the Joe. They finish the season hosting NMU and @ BGSU.

(I forgot the last MSU series)
      Last edited by aygwm2; 11-28-2011, 02:30 PM.
      NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Definitely a bit concerned that the schedule this year is so heavily slanted with most home games happening before Christmas. This whole thing could completely unravel if they're not careful.

Comment

Havent seen a michigan team struggle so much at home. Maybe this trip to alaska is just what they need to turn the season around.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            Houghton?
            You might be right.
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
              Havent seen a michigan team struggle so much at home. Maybe this trip to alaska is just what they need to turn the season around.
              I was thinking exactly the same thing on the way to my car Sunday.
              Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
              Row 1
              Seats 6 & 7
              Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by brg View Post
                FyI, Di Guiseppe was invited to the Canada WJC camp, so he could be gone for a bit.
                Nothing new - every year we lose 3 or 4 to the WJC tournament. Maybe not as many THIS year.
                Row 1
                Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                  He'll be back after the holidays. If he wasn't coming back then he would already be skating with Plymouth.
                  I think he sincerely wants to come back hence his NOT playing with the Whalers.

I am thinking that there is an issue unrelated to U-M that he MIGHT be ruled ineligible by the NCAA and consequently Red does not want to risk forfeiting any games until he gets a resolution.

PURE SPECULATION, mind you. But it fits with the UNSUBSTANTIATED RUMOR I heard 2 months ago.
                  Row 1
                  Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by UMBand View Post
                    Definitely a bit concerned that the schedule this year is so heavily slanted with most home games happening before Christmas.
                    Do you realize there are only SEVEN home games left before the playoffs?!?!?

I'd like to shoot whoever came up with THAT schedule. First way too many too close together then a drought!

Originally posted by UMBand View Post
                    This whole thing could completely unravel if they're not careful.
                    COULD? I think it already has. 1-6-1 since Halloween! Does ANYONE in Division 1 Men's Hockey have a worse record over the last month? The record is indicative of the play.

Now they need to put it back together.
                    Last edited by JoeZ; 11-29-2011, 06:53 AM.
                    Row 1
                    Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Michigan's third goal was waived off because a Union player tipped the net forward prior to Brown's shot, although it never came off the pegs.
                      True.

It should have counted or at least drawn a minor to Union for delay of game.
                      According to the NCAA rule book, Rule 6, Section 18, Sub-section c -
                      "A goal shall not be allowed in any of the following cases:

12. If the goal cage has been moved or dislodged. The goal frame is
                      considered to be displaced if any portion of the goal frame is not in
                      its proper position (e.g., frame must be completely flat on the ice
                      surface, goal posts must be in proper place and affixed securely in
                      place with its pegs)."

The Union player could have been called for delay of game, but according to Rule 6, Section 60, which outlines what replay can be used for, intentional dislodging of the net is not one of the 11 things that replay can be used for. Thus, the referees could not call a penalty from the review. He SHOULD have called it on the ice, in real-time.
                      Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                        I think he sincerely wants to come back hence his NOT playing with the Whalers.

I am thinking that there is an issue unrelated to U-M that he MIGHT be ruled ineligible by the NCAA and consequently Red does not want to risk forfeiting any games until he gets a resolution.

PURE SPECULATION, mind you. But it fits with the UNSUBSTANTIATED RUMOR I heard 2 months ago.
                        Well, we are saying the same thing. As far as speculation, I have heard different things, but yes one of them involves something that is completely out of Berenson's hands.

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
                          True.

According to the NCAA rule book, Rule 6, Section 18, Sub-section c -
                          "A goal shall not be allowed in any of the following cases:

12. If the goal cage has been moved or dislodged. The goal frame is
                          considered to be displaced if any portion of the goal frame is not in
                          its proper position (e.g., frame must be completely flat on the ice
                          surface, goal posts must be in proper place and affixed securely in
                          place with its pegs)."

The Union player could have been called for delay of game, but according to Rule 6, Section 60, which outlines what replay can be used for, intentional dislodging of the net is not one of the 11 things that replay can be used for. Thus, the referees could not call a penalty from the review. He SHOULD have called it on the ice, in real-time.
                          Another assinine set of rules that disallows a good goal (common sense here) and puts the judgement for a penalty prior to the review. Of course this was just the exclamation point on the Barnum and Bailey act officiating last weekend. Gawd, I hope tB1GTen revamps/upgrades our officiating crews. So, any time a player sees a risk for a goal, he can dislodge the net in hope of not drawing a penalty. At best,he disallows a good goal. At worst he disallows a goal and doesn't draw a call.

Just a microcosm of the luck Michigan has gotten lately.
                          Last edited by streaker; 11-29-2011, 10:25 AM.

Comment

On the brighter side for Michigan hockey fans, I found this on the CCHA website:

"Former Michigan forward Carl Hagelin made his NHL debut with the New York Rangers last Friday and earned an assist in a 6-3 win over the Washington Capitals. On Saturday, Hagelin scored his first NHL goal in the Rangers’ 2-0 victory against the Philadelphia Flyers." http://www.ccha.com/ccha_weekly_release_nov._28.aspx

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                              On the brighter side for Michigan hockey fans, I found this on the CCHA website:

"Former Michigan forward Carl Hagelin made his NHL debut with the New York Rangers last Friday and earned an assist in a 6-3 win over the Washington Capitals. On Saturday, Hagelin scored his first NHL goal in the Rangers’ 2-0 victory against the Philadelphia Flyers." http://www.ccha.com/ccha_weekly_release_nov._28.aspx
                              For all you Hagelin fans, the Rangers play Pittsburgh tonight on VERSUS @ 7:30pm.

Comment

Finally, a win. Guptill's shot deflects off a defenseman and trickles by Greenham to end the losing string. Something to build on with MSU up next.

Comment

Working...
                                X