Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2011-2012 hockey thread

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    Well, regardless of the reason, Merrill is gone until the series down in Miami.
    This was posted over a month ago. He's been practicing with the team. Does he play this weekend or is Red making him sweat it out?
    No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Wol4ine View Post
      This was posted over a month ago. He's been practicing with the team. Does he play this weekend or is Red making him sweat it out?
      Berenson came out a couple weeks ago and revamped the terms. The suspension is indefinite now. We won't see Jon in uniform until after the holidays IMO.

Oh, and Alfa- no tv this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
        Oh, and Alfa- no tv this weekend.
        It is streaming online through the Miami website (cbs sports I believe).
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

So two away weekends so far has resulted in all of 3 points- one SO win and one SO loss.

Not good.

At least the games we are seeing at Yost are entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
            It is streaming online through the Miami website (cbs sports I believe).
            Not exactly TV, plus some of those online streaming games come with a fee. Meh.

I know playing on the road is tough, but they dribbled away 2 additional points down their collective legs last night blowing a 2 goal lead and morphing into a soft team w/ a confidence issue. Don't get it, especially against a team that was reeling in all statistical categories. If it wasn't for Hyman's fluke game tying goal, they would have been swept. Heck, if LSSU and Bemidji can win there, why can't THE U-M? I guess we'll just have to wait until Feb and beat them at Yost. 0-4-1 in the last five against tDynasty and 3-8-1 in last 12.

Oh- and by all accounts, Miami fans think they got screwed out of a regulation win- two disallowed goals in the game which I didn't see to comment on. BUT, by the word of the MDaily team at the game, one was for goalie interference and the other for directing the puck in with a kicking motion. That last one seems to be the most debated among "tBrotherhood" fans.
            Last edited by streaker; 11-14-2011, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Awful quite here, what's wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Smithdog View Post
                Awful quite here, what's wrong?
                Quite awful, indeed.

(I think you meant quiet...............)
                Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

U-Mich is focused more on some football game on saturday. Hockey will have to re-group against a couple of good HEA and ECAC teams on Friday and Sunday.

Comment

Yeah, it appears that Michigan may very well be a football school again. Kudos to Berenson for letting Ann Arbor Pioneer play the game for the wolverines while they were eating turkey and focusing on other games.
                    No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

After losing Caporusso, Hagelin, Rust, and Vaughn to graduation, Michigan is down this year--they just don't realize it. Besides, Northeastern is competitive year in and year out and every team in college hockey must be taken seriously. Ex. Sacred Heart's recent win over Yale. Most likely, Michigan will be back "on" against Union on Sunday.
                      NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by Wol4ine View Post
                        Yeah, it appears that Michigan may very well be a football school again. Kudos to Berenson for letting Ann Arbor Pioneer play the game for the wolverines while they were eating turkey and focusing on other games.
                        OUCH!

I must agree, however, it seems like the Wolverine Hockey team I have known for the last 20 years or so has been kidnapped and replaced by some weak imitators.
                        Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                        Row 1
                        Seats 6 & 7
                        Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

On another note - I found out who "Bluevox" really is. I must say it is pretty obvious.
                          Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                          Row 1
                          Seats 6 & 7
                          Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Wow, you guys don't make me feel like I'm missing much these two weeks.

For the record the Mexican riviera is a great place to ignore bad hockey. We miss Union tomorrow too.

Don't forget the teddy bear toss in a couple of weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                              On another note - I found out who "Bluevox" really is. I must say it is pretty obvious.
                              Had you come to the posters game a few years ago...

Well I'll leave it at that.

Comment

I agree with aygm2 losing players like Caporusso, Hagelin, Rust, and Vaughn would have a devastating effect on most teams. However, with Freshman like Gluseppe, Lynch, and Guptill UM should be doing much better. I think the problem is deeper It looks to me like Mel Pearson is the one responsible for the success the team has had the last few years. Look what he’s done with a 20 year basement dweller, there’re now a top 20 team! I don’t think this is the fault of the players. We’ll see how they do against Union.

Comment

Working...
                                X