X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2011-2012 hockey thread

Originally posted by broncos24 View Post
    I'm excited for this weekend!

My heart tells me we come out of Yost with 3 points, my head tells me we'll be lucky to leave with 1 or 2. It's never easy to come into Yost and take points. So, this weekend will be a great test for the Broncos.

I'm glad we catch you guys early, before Merrill comes back.

Let's have some fun huh?
    That's the spirit. Have some fun. And yes, Michigan will be much better with Merrill, but in the long run they may be better without him for the growth of the young guys. Winning on the road in any league is not easy, but this season the CCHA has at least 6 quality teams with the rest of the league solid at home.

Comment

Fact or Fiction: WMU has a goalie named Frank Slubowski? Let's hope the fans at Yost have some fun with that this weekend.

Comment

You don't have to tear apart a goalies name. The way I see it the Wolverines will maul thier opponents this weekend.
        Just putting the puck in the net does enough damage.

Comment

nice little clip on MGoBlue.com - Chris Brown interviewing linemate Phil DiGiuseppe:

http://www.mgoblue.com/allaccess/?media=273610
          Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
          Row 1
          Seats 6 & 7
          Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by Big Papa View Post
            Hardest place to play against in college hockey. They won thier last 20 home games.
            Unless you count a pre-season game against University of Ontario Institute of Technology. We lost to them this year (first game) 3-2.

Luckily, nobody does count that game...........
            Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Michigan coach Red Berenson took a few minutes to speak with USCHO Live! co-host Jim Connelly today about his early season, goaltender Shawn Hunwick, his former associate head coach Mel Pearson and the ongoing situation of players leaving early for the pros.

Hear their conversation as well as our live guest, College Hockey Inc. executive director Paul Kelly on this week's edition of USCHO Live! tonight at 8 p.m. ET.

http://www.uscho.com/uscho-live/2011...on-uscho-live/
              Row 1
              Seats 6 & 7

Comment

today there was a article where Merrill can practice ,but suspended as far as games goes
                96/98 ncaa champsmeechigan wolves stanley cup chanpions the detroit red wings nd the detroit ****tons

Comment

Originally posted by mattmi View Post
                  today there was a article where Merrill can practice ,but suspended as far as games goes
                  And here's the Wolverine.com article about it- http://michigan.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1287316

Not sure what he did, but it sounded fairly bad, and they are taking it very seriously. The good thing, reading that Red said, was that he and Merrill are working this out together. So it's not as if Merrill is trying to get out of it.

Comment

Anyone else a little concerned that your prized freshman Phil's OHL rights just got aquired by Red's new arch nemesis the Windsor Spitfires?
                    I see another defection coming...

Comment

Originally posted by neumanniaknights09 View Post
                      Anyone else a little concerned that your prized freshman Phil's OHL rights just got aquired by Red's new arch nemesis the Windsor Spitfires?
                      Anything can happen. Kind of immune to it. Thanks for your opinion.

Comment

Somebody please tell me the BTHC will not have shootouts for tie games! Does anyone know what the league policy will be?
                        Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

Originally posted by neumanniaknights09 View Post
                          Happens every year. And every year, we still play hockey. Go ahead and worry about it, if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                            And here's the Wolverine.com article about it- http://michigan.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1287316
                            Not sure what he did, but it sounded fairly bad, and they are taking it very seriously.
                            Red has always been a no-nonsense type. This is by far the longest suspension he has handed out so, yes, it is V-E-R-Y serious.

My GUESS is he will return to play in the GLI.
                            Row 1
                            Seats 6 & 7

Comment

• Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine View Post
                              Somebody please tell me the BTHC will not have shootouts for tie games! Does anyone know what the league policy will be?
                              Lol. One of my first thoughts about BTHC. Sadly, I believe the Big Ten Network will think hockey shootouts are exciting and hope for them every game...while continuing to provide lousy announcers (and maybe even iterrupting live hockey for bouncyball pressers).

As for goalie commits, 3rd time's a charm? *fingers crossed*

For now though, there's this season and an interesting CCHA to deal with. I expect some hard-hitting, close score games against the Broncos.
                              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                              7 B1G
                              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                              2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                                Sadly, I believe the Big Ten Network will think hockey shootouts are exciting and hope for them every game...
                                Personally, I think that the BTN will keep out anything that might push the game outside of a 2.5-hour window. That's the problem with the shootout for TV--all of a sudden, the game starts creeping up to 2:45 or so, with all of the milling around on the ice that seems to happen between the end of overtime and the start of the shootout. It's very TV-unfriendly watching coaches choose their lineups and the refs remind everybody of the rules.

Personally, I never understood everybody's alleged opposition to the shootout. Sure, it's a coin flip, but why not? I think NCAA hockey is the only significant level of hockey anywhere in the world that still mostly rejects shootouts for regular-season games. I can't find any European league that doesn't have a shootout after a tied game, and I know all North American professional and semiprofessional leagues use them as well.

"The game of hockey, though much in vogue on the ice in New England and other parts of the United States, is not much known here."

--The Montreal Gazette, March 4, 1875.

Comment

Working...
                                X