Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2011-2012 hockey thread

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
    So the sections I should avoid in February are...?
    Any of the ones wearing a wildcat on the jersey or the YMCA crew in hardhats. Or shirtless fatboy dancing on the glass.

The reason why I posted my remarks HERE is because this is a MICHIGAN thread. I'm sure ole Davy boy had his fill with his other Cat friends in their thread mocking and hating. It's all a matter of prerogative. Bottom line is, the series FACTS I posted are true. Other than that, most people can draw their own conclusions about fans when they go to visiting rinks. I'm sure the chamber of commerce in Marquette endorsed what was chanted last Friday night (F* Ann Arbor for one.) I wouldn't talk so bravely about conduct at Yost.

Comment

Latest from Spath (taken from the rivals board). Merrill has expressed a desire to stay with the team. Plymouth is not actively trying to get him (and they seem to think it's from his desire to stay at UM). And the latest estimation is after Christmas that we will see him back.

Sounds very, very much like a school issue.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        Just returning the favors. Wear an opposing team's jersey at Yost and see just how much kindness, compassion and good sportsmanship you get. What's the matter? You can dish it out, but can't take it? Call Hunwick, see if he'll let you play kick the helmet and throw the stick then lend you his crying towel. Now, chances are the results could be different at Yost, no doubt about it.
        Hmm. My Ferris jersey has made a few appearances in Yost, but never an issue.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

#6 Ferris State Hockey @ #4 Michigan Wolverines Series Video Preview:

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            There's the cool people, and then theres, well, you know.....

Act like a jerk, get treated like a jerk. direct corellation.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              I've had my jersey on and been blowing on a plastic horn after all NMU's goals while sitting in the higher reaches of Yost and not had a problem. I'm sure they would have rather I been somewhere else, but it was still a good time.

I would hope all opposing barns would be like that.

P.S. Let's get along. I've met many of you Michigan fans and I've found you quite amiable.
              Last edited by nmu_27; 10-25-2011, 08:50 PM.
              Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                I've had my jersey on and been blowing on a plastic horn after all NMU's goals while sitting in the higher reaches of Yost and not had a problem. I'm sure they would have rather I been somewhere else, but it was still a good time.

I would hope all opposing barns would be like that.

P.S. Let's get along. I've met many of you Michigan fans and I've found you quite amiable.
                Like I said, there are cool people, and then theres, well, you know.

You don't have problems for very good reasons. And I'll buy you a drink at the CCHA final party if we are both there. I'm pretty sure we can get a good price.

Comment

I wear my ohio state jersey everytime i go into yost. I am left alone for the most part yea i do get heckled some but i expect it being i am rooting for the visiting team.

Comment

I think Michigan will get the sweep on homecoming weekend. So glad the game tonight is FINALLY on TV on Comcast TV. Hate not seeing Michigan play.
                    ---
                    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                    19 Conference Championships
                    10 Conference Tournament Championships
                    2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Oh, the opposition fan treatment last night- reached a new level... When a Ferris fan who was wearing a monkey mask was called "ugly monkey". Oh, the horror. Now I see more why a few northern fans have so many issues.

Game was entertaining, and showed both what I love to watch, and concerns.

Good lord- our team is so fun to watch attack- no idea if it's just creativity, or Red is giving them some direction and telling them to go with it, but the offense is doing a great job getting really good pressure on the goalie. They managed a few times to make Ferris look like they were on a PK. For that matter, the 2nd goal, which was a delayed penalty call, somehow Ferris got a little too passive in their play, which allowed a guy to park in front of the goalie AND the puck to move around. The resulting open net- my wife claimed she could even score on that one.

And the passing has cleaned up some more- fewer clogs in the nutral zone, even with FSU knowing that's what we are going to do. It was pretty fun.

But our defensive zone play is still of concern. Once again, we got scored on within 10 seconds of a penalty. Wow. And sometimes the PK in our zone looks like they are just following the puck around. Just as bad- the D gets to a point where repeated attempts to get out is foiled, and they get into kind of a deep circle letting the offense dictate play. If not for us doing this quite a few times this year, I would put most of that on Ferris' team speed, but we were not doing ourselves any favors. Thankfully, Hunwick bailed us out more than a few times.

All in all, the score seemed to be close to the actual game- the coulda, woulda, shoula moments seemed to be pretty even- so instead of 5-2, both teams had good chances to get 2-3 more, so that was even enough.

Did I say that our forwards are fun to watch?

Comment

Good win last night. Now Michigan has to do that again tonight.

Also, Phil Di Giuseppe looks like the real deal.
                        ---
                        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                        19 Conference Championships
                        10 Conference Tournament Championships
                        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Great team effort from the Wolverines last night. The Di Giuseppe-Treais-Brown line is a heck of a line to watch: great passing, creativity, and unselfishness. I agree that Michigan looks lackadaisical at times in their own zone, and Hunwick has been there to bail them out multiple times. The PK is dreadful, but hopefully will click as the season progresses. I am still waiting to see when K. Lynch will step up and contribute on the score sheet. I think Wohlberg has been a good senior leader so far and will need to continue to do so if Michigan wants to continue its success. Sparks has obviously been a pleasant surprise so far, and hopefully he can continue to improve his defensive awareness as he may have the best hands on the team.

Anyone know much about Rutledge? Obviously a little undersized but look how Hunwick turned out. The fact that he would start as a freshman has to be a pretty attractive factor in him choosing to go the college route.

Comment

Originally posted by GustafssonBrokeMyHeart View Post
                            Anyone know much about Rutledge? Obviously a little undersized but look how Hunwick turned out. The fact that he would start as a freshman has to be a pretty attractive factor in him choosing to go the college route.
                            Not much, but something- http://michigan.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1285453

Comment

Michigan wins Friday night 4-0 to sweep Ferris.
                              Originally posted by alfablue
                              Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Most complete game of the season tonight. Solid pressure, good offense, sound defense and even decent PK. Hunwick gets his 6th career shutout. Ferris is better than they showed, but I think Michigan played really well most of the weekend.

Oh, and no Ferris fans were found bludgeoned in section 10 or 11.

Comment

Working...
                                X