Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines 2011-2012 hockey thread

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
    They changed the scoring on the goals from Tuesday's game against Niagara. It now shows Brown, T. Lynch, Sparks, Sparks, Brown.

Sparks "loses" his Hat Trick. ;-(
    The replay on Sparks' first goal was pretty clear that Brown scored it. MGoblue.com has a very good replay of it.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
      Only 27 times for Tuesday's game. My group in section 17 is keeping track of how many times we are on. After this weekend we're going to establish an over/under number for the season and take bets (or not since gambling, even 50/50 charity raffles, is wrong).

Does anyone know anything about Bentley's team? I had to look up where they are from.
      They're from the greater Boston Area, which is in Yellow on this map....

*****http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/291703_10100285138686672_9110000_50629751_6102675_ n.jpg******

I've actually been to their campus, but didn't see their rink there. think its off campus anyways.
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
        They're from the greater Boston Area, which is in Yellow on this map....

*****http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/291703_10100285138686672_9110000_50629751_6102675_ n.jpg******

I've actually been to their campus, but didn't see their rink there. think its off campus anyways.
        8 miles west of Boston. 4,300 students on campus. Started as a business school.

Comment

Matt Rust signs a try-out contract with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins after not being signed by the Bluejackets and cut by the Rangers in fall camp. Good luck, Rusty!

http://thetimes-tribune.com/sports/r...#axzz1aaHOi8U0

As for the sound system, I wish I could figure out why it sounds crappy. Some nights it works, others it doesn't. Also, it seems to depend on your seat location. I know that up against the glass is not a good spot for it, JoeZ.
          Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Rumor mill: Jon Merrill now 50-50 on his return to the team. Speculation that he is not doing the things he needs to in order to be reinstated.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
              Rumor mill: Jon Merrill now 50-50 on his return to the team. Speculation that he is not doing the things he needs to in order to be reinstated.
              Hopefully Spath wont mind me posting his article- http://michigan.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1278108

in the notes are some comments from Red about the situation. And I very much appreciate how Red is handling this- in the long term, it's good for the team. One can't have a star be allowed run on different rules to the rest of the team. Many of you probably remember my critizisms of Jack Johnson who clearly did not embrace all of the players in his team- divisions are bad. He did nothing bad, I know. But you can see the effects of internal divisions on his teams.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                It must be increasingly easier everyday to be tempted to leave. Jon is a great defenseman, but chances are, he's not staying four years no matter what. I just wish players these days would realize their obligation to their school, and more importantly, to their teammates. Why go the college route if you're focused on yourself? I think Red is doing the right thing, and I respect him even more for it.

Can't wait for the puck to drop tonight! I'm predicting a 4-0 win!
                NCAA Championships: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998

Hail!

Comment

Also, I've been hearing a lot of dissatisfaction on the jerseys this year...so last night I did a little edit to the maize jersey...what do you guys think?

*****http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-21_GDbEEGS8/TpcFtyJ95jI/AAAAAAAAACg/lNHzsN9CfDc/s1600/Michigan_Maize_Script******

You can read my 2 cents on my blog...but either way, what does everyone think about the new sweaters?

Hail!

Comment

• Originally posted by MichiganHockey27 View Post

Can't wait for the puck to drop tonight! I'm predicting a 4-0 win!
                    I really wish I wasn't working, or I would certainly be making the drive to watch SLU play in Yost. I'll make it there some day...

I'm hoping that SLU just keeps it within 2, but I'm predicting a 6-1 win for you guys. We didn't look real good last weekend against Ferris from the sounds of it, and it was a short turnaround for the travel yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by MichiganHockey27 View Post
                      Also, I've been hearing a lot of dissatisfaction on the jerseys this year...so last night I did a little edit to the maize jersey...what do you guys think?

*****http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-21_GDbEEGS8/TpcFtyJ95jI/AAAAAAAAACg/lNHzsN9CfDc/s1600/Michigan_Maize_Script******

You can read my 2 cents on my blog...but either way, what does everyone think about the new sweaters?
                      It's yet another shade of yellow. Big deal. I wonder if people are noticing that they look that much different on the big screen. But you can see that in the stands, too- look at wT- she does not stand out with an odd color in her jersey, until you see it on the high def, and for some reson there, it's really obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        It's yet another shade of yellow. Big deal. I wonder if people are noticing that they look that much different on the big screen. But you can see that in the stands, too- look at wT- she does not stand out with an odd color in her jersey, until you see it on the high def, and for some reson there, it's really obvious.
                        Agreed, I feel like the yellows have been changing since 2005 (maybe even before). And don't get me started on that scoreboard! That thing is WAY TOO BIG!!! I know the rennovations will make it fit better, but it's so distracting to me...I can't imagine what it must be like for the players.

Hail!

Comment

Originally posted by MichiganHockey27 View Post
                          Agreed, I feel like the yellows have been changing since 2005 (maybe even before). And don't get me started on that scoreboard! That thing is WAY TOO BIG!!! I know the rennovations will make it fit better, but it's so distracting to me...I can't imagine what it must be like for the players.
                          My wife thinks that they are back to the same yellow that we have in our 1991-1993 era jersies we wear to games. If they put a large swath of blue across the top, I'd be back in fashion!

Oh, and they've been changing colors for decades. Spend some time looking at the pictures up on the entry floor for the north end bleachers. SO many different jersies over the years, it makes your head spin. Very unlike the FB team.
                          Last edited by alfablue; 10-13-2011, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Is it possible to watch any sort of video feed for tonights game?

Comment

Last week I had a student say "nice throwback jersey" to me. Umm...if I got the jersey when it was current then it's not a throwback...right?

Hockeyplayer, if you ever do make it to Ann Arbor and Yost let me know.
                              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                              7 B1G
                              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                              2 Alaskan

Comment

Hope you guys atleast brought the KY to Yost tonight. Ouch.

Good luck the rest of this season. wT/alfa/anybody else who was there, did SLU get outplayed that much, or are you guys just that good? The stats show a relatively even game, but obviously the score says otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                                X