Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota State-Moorhead Dragons; The Next D1 Program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota State-Moorhead Dragons; The Next D1 Program?

Looks like Minnesota State-Moorhead is moving forward with plans to field men's and women's teams at the D1 level. The press conference should be up on YouTube later. According to the school's president, the program would be fully funded for scholarships (18).

Re: Minnesota State-Moorhead Dragons; The Next D1 Program?

Originally posted by Hux View Post
    Looks like Minnesota State-Moorhead is moving forward with plans to field men's and women's teams at the D1 level. The press conference should be up on YouTube later. According to the school's president, the program would be fully funded for scholarships (18).
    Yes amazing news of course they still have a lot of i's to cross and T's to dot. They seem to have slid under the radar for the most part.

I've heard some people mention the playup rule for Div II programs wanting to play Div I would be a problem but I think that only applies to Div II sports that have a National Championship. The wording is a little vague and you would think MSUM had done their homework.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
      Yes amazing news of course they still have a lot of i's to cross and T's to dot.
      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
        Brookyspeak......you know, to make you feel more comfortable.

Comment

I think this is great news! I think it will be a good move for this school. I think that it is awesome that they are moving up to the next level. I always thought that's where they belonged anyway, I just hope that they continue to do well now that the competition will be a little tougher. With any luck, they will finish their season unconquered and unconquerable! Thanks for the post.
          Last edited by Kaylene; 11-03-2011, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Word from the WCHA is that MSU isn't even close to being where they need to be. Meaning money is not coming in as expected.

Comment

Working...
            X