Michigan Tech Offseason III: Two Years To Prove It Can Be Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Tech Offseason III: Two Years To Prove It Can Be Done

A week after doomsday, and the program hasn't folded yet. Time to focus on the final two years of the traditional WCHA.

Continue

Re: Michigan Tech Offseason III: Two Years To Prove It Can Be Done

Steady progress for two years under Mel and then take home the first NCAA Autobid of the Post-defection WCHA in 2013-14.

Comment

To respond to a question from the last thread about mr Mcleod. It was posted on another thread the he was instrumental in the rift between teams in the WCHA and if this post is even half true, his leadership ability is suspect.We need someone who is not confrontational in this job. Mr Mcleod is not that person imho.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I don't think McLeod could've prevented this, however I also believe that he did almost nothing to prevent it, and I suspect that he may have accelerated it.

Comment

Whoa. Wait a minute. You're not selling me too well on the benefits of re-joining the WCHA.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            I don't think McLeod could've prevented this, however I also believe that he did almost nothing to prevent it, and I suspect that he may have accelerated it.
            If he didn't know he's incompetent. If he is at fault as the other poster contends, and if indeed he went off on certain now gone WCHa members as is alleged, he is incompetent also, either way, he is not the guy for the future.
            Last edited by manurespreader; 07-15-2011, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Isn't it doubtful that Western will be admitted to the NCHC.

Should the WCHA accept them.

Tech
              BSU
              MSU
              UAA
              NMU
              St.C
              LSSU
              WMU
              FSU
              Alaska

This would be good for college hockey so long as BGSU/UAH can find a home.

Comment

Well if you are going to bring in all those CCHA teams, why not just rename the conference CHA with Western and Central divisions? NMU jumps to the Western division, UAH joins the Central division and everyone else just keeps on keeping on...

Ryan J
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I would love to have Western if the Times New Roman Conference doesn't take them, but I think the MN schools would have the same reservations about adding them as they would LSSU. I have a feeling that the non-AK schools are looking to make the rest of the WCHA as much of a bus league as possible, and while busing to the Soo and KZoo is feasible, it's not ideal from Bemdiji, St. Cloud, and Mankato's point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                    Well if you are going to bring in all those CCHA teams, why not just rename the conference CHA with Western and Central divisions? NMU jumps to the Western division, UAH joins the Central division and everyone else just keeps on keeping on...

Ryan J
                    Then are you are better off having 2 separate conferences to maximize the auto-bids but have a scheduling agreement too
                    Originally posted by Twitch Boy
                    Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post

Ryan J
                      Because it would be for the good of college hockey, not a selfish decision right?
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Painted_Bandit View Post
                        Then are you are better off having 2 separate conferences to maximize the auto-bids but have a scheduling agreement too
                        I think you are yes. I think college hockey is too, because it is possible that schools like BGSU, etc, might keep hockey around if they can logically do so.. But there have been a number of hints of domino's. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                          Because it would be for the good of college hockey, not a selfish decision right?
                          They would be forced to do it, much like we forced you guys to join our shiny new conference. Try to keep up.
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            But there have been a number of hints of domino's. We'll see.
                            Yes, there are certainly more moves to be made in this hand of Texas Hold 'Em. At this point, we're still placing bets before the turn card.

Comment

As far as the title of the thread says, I don't see why not. Look what we did in a year and we were basically the CCHA's whipping boy from 2004ish on.

What conference Western ends up in? I'm personally torn on all options. If they got invited with Notre Dame to the NCHC, they have to take it but it's an almost definite return to scratching and clawing to stay out of the basement in the short to medium term. Other options are likely going to require a robust non-conference schedule both for pairwise considerations and to keep fan interest up. I know St. Cloud's been to more tournaments in the last 10 years than WMU has in 30, but the guy I work with who occasionally picks up tickets likely doesn't. Alternately, there's also getting the downtown arena built and selling enough booze that the fans no longer care that it seems to be a lot of Mercyhurst and Canisius visiting.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X