Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason III: Two Years To Prove It Can Be Done

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
    Does anyone else get a blank splash page on http://www.michigantechhuskies.com ? or is it just me, also once in the site, it seems like there's a lot of broken image links....

Good ticket changes, but they still can't get a decent web developer.
    They should hire me. I've done web dev for the last 15 years and could work remotely! So I don't have to actually be in MI.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Good ticket changes, but they still won't pay for a decent web developer.
      Fixed that for you

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        They should hire me. I've done web dev for the last 15 years and could work remotely! So I don't have to actually be in MI.
        I'm graduating next Spring, this summer I'm working as an intern for Jackson National Life Insurance as a web developer...but the university probably couldn't even match my current intern pay...

Comment

Does anyone else get a blank splash page on http://www.michigantechhuskies.com ? or is it just me, also once in the site, it seems like there's a lot of broken image links....

I got that too.

Isn't that something they could even pay a few students minimum wage to handle?
          Always a Wildcat...
          Originally posted by Kepler
          If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

I'm graduating next Spring, this summer I'm working as an intern for Jackson National Life Insurance as a web developer...but the university probably couldn't even match my current intern pay...
            Maybe Mel could chip in a few bucks.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
              I got that too.

Isn't that something they could even pay a few students minimum wage to handle?
              I work for Career Services on campus as a web developer. They pay me minimum wage, and our site is never broke.

Comment

The problem is adblock is blocking the splash image and they don't provide a text link to bypass it.
                Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

our website is a disgrace. and this from a tech university. I spent twenty minutes yesterday trying to find out the due date for renewing season tickets. the athletic site has NOTHING but a button for VIP football tickets. Flashy's website is 100x better than anything Tech has. and he works full time. the hockey page gets updates on a regular basis - like once a month at best. and now they have a picture of Mel from 20 years ago.
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                    our website is a disgrace. and this from a tech university. I spent twenty minutes yesterday trying to find out the due date for renewing season tickets. the athletic site has NOTHING but a button for VIP football tickets. Flashy's website is 100x better than anything Tech has. and he works full time. the hockey page gets updates on a regular basis - like once a month at best. and now they have a picture of Mel from 20 years ago.
                    Honestly, if you want any info about ticketing, it's best to just call the Central Ticket Office.

As for the Pearson photo, I thought he looked a little young.

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                      I spent twenty minutes yesterday trying to find out the due date for renewing season tickets.
                      Full payment or the required deposit due by Monday, August 8th.

Comment

Season ticket prices:
                        Full-season: $273
                        Friday or Saturday Only package: $150
                        Youth: $100

Specials:
                        Non Premium Game Family Pack: 2 adult and 4 youth tickets for $40
                        Premium Game Family Pack: 2 adult and 4 youth tickets for $54
                        Up to 4 additional youth tickets for $5 each.
                        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Any rumors out of Houghton following the alumni reunion? I'd like to hear how the new coaches are doing.
                          And Pietila is injured?!!!
                          Last edited by manurespreader; 08-08-2011, 11:33 AM.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Looks like you guys lost a very very promising recruit in 2012 Sam Labrecque who is now reported to be going to Clarkson this season (per heisenberg).

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                              Looks like you guys lost a very very promising recruit in 2012 Sam Labrecque who is now reported to be going to Clarkson this season (per heisenberg).
                              Yup, word is he decommitted after Russell resigned/Pearson was hired, kinda surprised he didn't end up at Providence. It certainly is a tough loss since I heard through the grape vine that Fillion will not be eligible so is not attending either. Those losses put together resulted in the signing of Jimmy Davis to join the 2011-12 class of frosh because Labrecque was supposed to be bumped up in the event Fillion couldn't make it academically.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                Yup, word is he decommitted after Russell resigned/Pearson was hired, kinda surprised he didn't end up at Providence. It certainly is a tough loss since I heard through the grape vine that Fillion will not be eligible so is not attending either. Those losses put together resulted in the signing of Jimmy Davis to join the 2011-12 class of frosh because Labrecque was supposed to be bumped up in the event Fillion couldn't make it academically.
                                Labrecque shouldn't have been asked to wait a year in the first place. I'd have to wonder if that had something to do with losing him. I just mean that he's the kind of player that you might want to "make" a spot for on a roster.

Comment

Working...
                                X