Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Beginning of new hockey leagues

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    Couldn't UND and DU have chosen to not throw gasoline on the fire and create the NCIS?
    We didn't start the fire. (Too lazy again to put in bad Billy Joel video.)
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Couldn't UND and DU have chosen to not throw gasoline on the fire and create the NCIS?
      No, it was a totally forced move. Once Minnesota and Wisconsin left, they literally had no choice at all.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
        So we both agree Minnesota got Bemidji into the WCHA. If thats the case, and we both agree that it was, why did it take until 2009 for it to happen? Because Minnesota didn't back Bemidji until their arm was twisted.

Believe it or don't believe.
        I don't believe it. I think you are full of it. There was never any legislative action on this topic. Why would some yahoo blogger in Colorado have this inside information on MN politics that none of us here in the state ever heard about? Luicia is a life-long bud of the Seratorre brothers and has long been a supporter of BSU for that reason. Unfortunately his boss really limited his ability to schedule many non-conference road games which prevented him from going to BSU while they were non-conf.

As to why it took so long to get them in, others have answered that question - the rink.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
          I don't believe it. I think you are full of it. There was never any legislative action on this topic. .
          I never said legislative "action." I said arm twisting.

Comment

Can't see the WCHA saying no to Northern Michigan. It would allow the league to keep their auto bid.

Next question becomes what does Notre Dame do? If they leave the CCHA, would the CCHA re-admit Alabama-Huntsville to preserve it's auto bid?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Can't see the WCHA saying no to Northern Michigan. It would allow the league to keep their auto bid.

Next question becomes what does Notre Dame do? If they leave the CCHA, would the CCHA re-admit Alabama-Huntsville to preserve it's auto bid?
              I doubt NMU is the only team to switch from the C to the W.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

There is a grace period in preserving the autobid and adding NMU is great if no one else drops in two years.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  We didn't start the fire. (Too lazy again to put in bad Billy Joel video.)
                  Of course not. You blame the Gophers.
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    I doubt NMU is the only team to switch from the C to the W.
                    Correct, musical chairs has just begun.

No one wants to be the team left standing with it's dick in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                      I never said legislative "action." I said arm twisting.
                      Arm twisting is not action? I still call BS.

Comment

Of course not. You blame the Gophers.
                        Yeah, we secretly gave Terry Pegula $88 million didn't you know that?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

NMU is in already. There's no way they would have been so public about their intentions (including a Friday statement) if they didn't already know the result.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                            Yeah, we secretly gave Terry Pegula $88 million didn't you know that?
                            ********!
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

There's a lot of PR in the hockey world for teams like MN and UND to do. As a result there will be alot of head patting and reassurances that "We'll still play you guys".
                              "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
                                No, it was a totally forced move. Once Minnesota and Wisconsin left, they literally had no choice at all.
                                None whatsoever. The BTHC happened, and Bruce McLeod was all like "get outta here, bee-otches!"
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X