Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Beginning of new hockey leagues

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
    Now I remember why I stopped posting here. Adios.
    *yawn*

Why would we care?
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
      Finding information in a USCHO thread is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Now I remember why I stopped posting here. Adios.
      NO! Come back!

Was wondering where you went...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        NO! Come back!

Was wondering where you went...
        Shut your dirty mouth. VW not posting was something positive for your fanbase. And you need all the positives you can get!!!
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          Shut your dirty mouth. VW not posting was something positive for your fanbase. And you need all the positives you can get!!!
          But he made me seem knowledgeable and reasonable in comparison...

Comment

Seems Northern Michigan is well on the path to leaving the CCHA for the WCHA.

This is because SCSU and Tech lured NMU to the WCHA for their good and didn't give a darn about those left-behinders in the CCHA.

Apparently what's good for the goose is good for the Jan... I mean gander.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

This is because SCSU and Tech lured NMU to the WCHA for their good and didn't give a darn about those left-behinders in the CCHA.

Actually, no invite has been extended yet.

Discussion among the six board members was brief and the board was unanimous in approving the proposal brought forward by Wong. Board member Gilbert Ziegler recalled when the board approved the move from the WCHA to the CCHA in the 90s, saying former NMU head coach and now retired Michigan State head coach Rick Comley was opposed to the move. Ziegler said the move was made because the university believed the school and hockey program would receive more exposure downstate. It was also important to foster rivalries with downstate schools.
              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                I expect that to come during tomorrow's WCHA presser.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                  Ya, I just about posted this. NMU has been deadset on joining the WCHA. WCHA has yet to actually invite them. The remaining WCHA school's behavior has been in contrast to those who quit the WCHA.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

I have a feeling that the remaining WCHA and CCHA schools will still band together with some interlocking, doesn't mean there can't be shuffling of teams.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                      Ya, I just about posted this. NMU has been deadset on joining the WCHA. WCHA has yet to actually invite them. The remaining WCHA school's behavior has been in contrast to those who quit the WCHA.
                      I have a hunch that they've been the "problem" this whole time. The schools that bailed on the WCHA are the "money" schools, and by voicing their displeasure of McLeod by wanting him gone or they would be gone, they showed their cards. McLeod called their bluff, and they needed to act upon it.

The "National Collegiate Hockey Conference" is nothing more than a haphazard house of cards right now because they wanted to protect their "brand" and "investments" without giving away "charity" to the lesser WCHA schools.

The remaining WCHA schools seem to be acting in good faith (who knows though. All five former WCHA members also voted this April to remain conference members for years beyond their departure date). NMU has made aware it's intentions to leave via the just announced approval by the Board of Trustees. They will not be going to the CCHA meetings this August to fleece the CCHA into thinking they're going to stay, only to work a backdoor deal next summer.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        I have a hunch that they've been the "problem" this whole time. The schools that bailed on the WCHA are the "money" schools, and by voicing their displeasure of McLeod by wanting him gone or they would be gone, they showed their cards. McLeod called their bluff, and they needed to act upon it.
                        ...and I am of the opinion that this whole McLeod excuse is somewhere between a big exageration and made up. Just what has McLoed done that is so offensive? The worst that could be said is that he gave U Minnesota too much say in matters of expansion. But if that's true, it wasn't McLeod as Minnesota held the cards.

Until I hear specifics on what, how and why McLeods actions were so horrible...I will continue to assume that's its a sudden attempt to redirect blame from the schools quiting the WCHA to someone, anyone else.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

...and I am of the opinion that this whole McLeod excuse is somewhere between a big exageration and made up. Just what has McLoed done that is so offensive? The worst that could be said is that he gave U Minnesota too much say in matters of expansion. But if that's true, it wasn't McLeod as Minnesota held the cards.

Until I hear specifics on what, how and why McLeods actions were so horrible...I will continue to assume that's its a sudden attempt to redirect blame from the schools quiting the WCHA to someone, anyone else.
                          From what I heard they didn't like their marketing and lack of broader television deal.

They also said yesterday that they were wasn't a vote to remain together.
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            From what I heard they didn't like their marketing and lack of broader television deal.

They also said yesterday that they were wasn't a vote to remain together.
                            That would be correct. This exact meeting was a while back and McLeod told the schools we are not ready for that sort of thing. It really made a few of the schools angry, I think the only one not mad was Minnesota. Many of them feel he was short sighted and did nothing to see if they could find a tv deal.
                            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

So in your opinion they should do nothing. You don't care because your beloved school already destroyed college hockey. Thank you Grand Forks!
                              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

...and I am of the opinion that this whole McLeod excuse is somewhere between a big exageration and made up. Just what has McLoed done that is so offensive?
                                I would tend to agree with you, but the rumblings were there after Minnesota & Wisconsin announced their departure.

A lot of bad decisions occurred on his watch and at the end of the day the guy in charge has to be held accountable.

Now the "National" Six have departed and but all accounts the consultants have blown them away with proposals and ideas. Its like a person that gets a new girlfriend/boyfriend and they suddenly realizes how bad the last situation was.

Comment

Working...
                                X