Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WMU Coaching search 2011. Yeah, we're boned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WMU Coaching search 2011. Yeah, we're boned.

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.s..._as_wmu_h.html

12 weeks to the exhibition. Go!
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Re: WMU Coaching search 2011. Yeah, we're boned.

Happy for the Wings to get him, but it's tainted with the knowledge that Western probably just joined the "leftovers" group.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Happy for the Wings to get him, but it's tainted with the knowledge that Western probably just joined the "leftovers" group.
      I've heard 4th or 5th hand that we were already in the leftovers group because Miami said they didn't want us coming with them.

Needless to say, if true MAC meetings this fall might be more contentious then usual.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        I've heard 4th or 5th hand that we were already in the leftovers group because Miami said they didn't want us coming with them.

Needless to say, if true MAC meetings this fall might be more contentious then usual.
        If that is true, the *******s from Miami fit in perfectly with the *******s from UND and DU.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          If that is true, the *******s from Miami fit in perfectly with the *******s from UND and DU.
          In general my opinion is that the WCHA fans should be ****ed, because they had a viable league. CCHA fans are just nervous, because our last commissioner's response to the Big Ten was to become the MSU head coach after pretty much concentrating all his efforts on them and Michigan, and the new guy, his former assistant commissioner has spoken once that I recall since getting the job. This league is just waiting to die.

Comment

If Miami has thrown WMU and BGSU under the bus, their AD has some big balls---screwing fellow conference members for a niche sport that draws 3,000 people under the best of times. They are only a few avg years away from drawing 2,000

Comment

Originally posted by pinch View Post
              If Miami has thrown WMU and BGSU under the bus, their AD has some big balls---screwing fellow conference members for a niche sport that draws 3,000 people under the best of times. They are only a few avg years away from drawing 2,000
              Its the same thing for the NSIC Teams with Duluth, almost worse because D1 hockey is the only revenue sport for the D2 league

Comment

It would be great to see the MAC give Miami of Ohio the boot, but I doubt it would ever happen.

As for your coach, I'd put my money on Rud.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  It would be great to see the MAC give Miami of Ohio the boot, but I doubt it would ever happen.

As for your coach, I'd put my money on Rud.
                  Toledo as an aside to Northern Illinois, "Why does BG and WMU keep offering proposals to kick Miami out of the league?"

NIU: "Some ice-puck thingie. I don't really understand it. "

If we're going for dick moves, which appears to be the goal for 2011, I'd throw 200k at Miami assistant Brent Brekke, who happens to be a WMU alumnus. 9 years at Cornell, 3 at Miami.

Comment

If we're going for dick moves, which appears to be the goal for 2011, I'd throw 200k at Miami assistant Brent Brekke, who happens to be a WMU alumnus. 9 years at Cornell, 3 at Miami.
                    I like that idea. Don't do it until September.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Toledo as an aside to Northern Illinois, "Why does BG and WMU keep offering proposals to kick Miami out of the league?"

Hopefully when lucia's fired next year the goph's will send 300k Blasi's way, Miami would be bottom feeder status within 2 years in the new league

Comment

NIU does have an ACHA team. If I'm the WCHA or even the CCHA, I'm on the phone with their AD asking how quick they could make the jump. The only hold back I can think of is that the "local" rink is down near Joliet. And occasionally they book in Elgin, IL when that one is full.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          NIU does have an ACHA team. If I'm the WCHA or even the CCHA, I'm on the phone with their AD asking how quick they could make the jump. The only hold back I can think of is that the "local" rink is down near Joliet. And occasionally they book in Elgin, IL when that one is full.
                          The first thing that has to happen is the MAC has to stop requiring all teams to have a baseball program. The Big Ten doesn't even do that. Buffalo, for instance, would announce a men's hockey team in weeks if that occurred.

Comment

IMHO, it's going to be extremely difficult to get a quality candidate hired and ready to go in the short time before the season starts. I wouldn't be surprised to see Pat Ferschweiler get a one year, interim contract while they do an actual intensive search.

Just curious though....can recruits who haven't yet joined the team decommit and go elsewhere without penalty when there's a coaching change like this?
                            Never argue with an idiot; they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                              IMHO, it's going to be extremely difficult to get a quality candidate hired and ready to go in the short time before the season starts. I wouldn't be surprised to see Pat Ferschweiler get a one year, interim contract while they do an actual intensive search.

Just curious though....can recruits who haven't yet joined the team decommit and go elsewhere without penalty when there's a coaching change like this?

as long as they haven't signed a letter of intent they are free to de-commit and go elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X