Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new Super League is going down the tubes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Super League is going down the tubes.

The new Super League is sure going to screw the "have-nots". My school doesn't care, because we are arrogant, but it looks like lots of fans and their small schools are doomed.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Re: The new Super League is going down the tubes.

as a gopher fan myself, i think what you really mean to say is that it SUCKS that the gophers are trading a league with duluth, st cloud, CC, denver, wisconsin, and UND for michigan, ohio state and penn state. oh, and our rivals are joining an awesome league that is going to be way more fun for their fans to follow than the gay big ten. hope the big ten big wigs enjoy their money because they just ruined a good thing for, not only other schools, but their own **** students, alumni, and fans.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
      as a gopher fan myself, i think what you really mean to say is that it SUCKS that the gophers are trading a league with duluth, st cloud, CC, denver, wisconsin, and UND for michigan, ohio state and penn state. oh, and our rivals are joining an awesome league that is going to be way more fun for their fans to follow than the gay big ten. hope the big ten big wigs enjoy their money because they just ruined a good thing for, not only other schools, but their own **** students, alumni, and fans.
      Like many of us you haven't accepted it and moved on.
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
        Like many of us you haven't accepted it and moved on.
        Kiss my rosy red arse. I know it's gonna happen. It sucks. But that doesn't mean I can't rail against it. I hate even the RUMORS (of which this superconference is, as of now, officially) of the realignment. And I despise it. I'd rather attend a Timberwolves game against Cleveland. In Cleveland. But I can still hate it like a hater.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It sure is unfortunate that North Dakota has decided to ruin college hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            It sure is unfortunate that North Dakota has decided to ruin college hockey.
            Where'd you get that from? It's the B1G Mistake. UND is doing what they have to (which is equally unfortunate, but try as I might, I can't blame them).

Ok, they could TRY to be the sport's saviour, but they won't, because it won't make money, and again, I don't blame them. Follow the dollar, welcome to sports.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Comment

Freddy Meyer will hack the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Where'd you get that from? It's the B1G Mistake. UND is doing what they have to (which is equally unfortunate, but try as I might, I can't blame them).

Ok, they could TRY to be the sport's saviour, but they won't, because it won't make money, and again, I don't blame them. Follow the dollar, welcome to sports.
                  Exactly. All UND, UMD, Denver et al are trying to do is get in the best situation FOR THEM. What I am worried about are how the remaining CCHA and WCHA schools will make up the deficits by the Big 10 programs leaving the respective conferences, if at all. I would not be surprised if 1-2 programs fold because of these moves, either because they either do not want or cannot continue to pump money into the hockey program.
                  Andy Sorensen, College Hockey Weekend Blogger/Host of "College Hockey Weekend Radio"

Comment

Waiting for a BC fan to blame Jack Parker for all of this.
                    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

A whole two minutes for the first fish to bite.

Thought you knew me better...

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
                        Yea, the BTHC is going to be terrible....that whole National TV thing is sure to send recruits running from the Big Ten.

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
                          Yea, the BTHC is going to be terrible....that whole National TV thing is sure to send recruits running from the Big Ten.
                          Yeah all those recruits will come to be on TV. Like all those USHL teams etc. The BTN is using it as a filler on Fri and imagine playing a hockey game on a Monday with Monday Night Football.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                            Yeah all those recruits will come to be on TV. Like all those USHL teams etc. The BTN is using it as a filler on Fri and imagine playing a hockey game on a Monday with Monday Night Football.
                            [Sarcasm]I bet they'll love the inevitable transition to Tuesday and Thursday night games.[/Sarcasm]
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
                              Hasn't Minnesota had the 2nd best recruiting class (behind Michigan of course) for the last 5 years? How's that worked out for them? I will admit it'll be interesting to see a league with a 40% turnover rate every year.
                              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                              X