Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new Super League is going down the tubes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The new Super League is going down the tubes.

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    The Press Conference on Wednesday will explain how the league will go down the tubes, what tube they will go down and who's fault it is that they had to leave the WCHA & CCHA.

Live Press Conference

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

11 AM MT

www.OneSportsPlus.com
    Right after this press conference the Big Ten will be announcing that they will be leaving the NCAA. Seriously, don't be suprised if this happens in the future. ;P
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      So now Notre Dame is going to create the "CHL" ... Catholic Hockey League?

Notre Dame
      Boston College
      Providence College
      Holy Cross
      Merrimack
      Canisius

the lord doesn't pick sides, all have split conference championship
      [Capt. Ramsey: Short of the outbreak of World War Three, the ship sinking... being attacked by a giant octopus, I'd like to be undisturbed for the next thirty minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
        The Press Conference on Wednesday will explain how the league will go down the tubes, what tube they will go down and who's fault it is that they had to leave the WCHA & CCHA.

Live Press Conference

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

11 AM MT

www.OneSportsPlus.com
        Too bad it be overshadowed by the US Women's Soccer team making it to the World Cup Finals.
        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
          Show me all these Sioux fans who are all excited about this new Super Conference? I have seen Sioux fans stating that this is necessary after losing Minnesota and Wisconsin to the B10, but that's just them stating what they see as the reality of the situation, not excitment over leaving. I've seen several Sioux fans refer to how they don't like this change on posts on this board over the last couple of days. I have yet to see one who is bubbling over with excitment about it. There is probably someone out there who is, but I have yet to find them.

We are in the same boat that Gopher/Badger fans were in a couple months ago. Our school has made a choice that many of us aren't happy with. We can speak against it, we can feel bad for the schools left behind, the rivalries lost, the history being walked away from. But we can't change it. That doesn't mean we are excited about it.
          Yep all the Sioux fans I know in my parts are dead set against this new super duper league. Of course I am old as are most my friends are and we hate to see the tradition of the WCHA go down the tubes. Not sure where people are getting the idea that Sioux fans are all giddy about this new league because the majority of us are not.
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            It took an 80 million dollar or so donation with strings attached for Penn State to do it. You need to lay off the funny stuff.
            Thank you. Obviously, these people on here have never looked at an athletic budget nor have they taken the time to learn about title IX.

If you did, you would understand the difficulty of started a Division I full-scholarship hockey program. College hockey is a very expensive sport to initiate considering the expectation of losing $6-800 on a womens program that would be mandatory to be in compliance with title IX.
            "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

• Originally posted by Montelena View Post
              Thank you. Obviously, these people on here have never looked at an athletic budget nor have they taken the time to learn about title IX.

If you did, you would understand the difficulty of started a Division I full-scholarship hockey program. College hockey is a very expensive sport to initiate considering the expectation of losing $6-800 on a womens program that would be mandatory to be in compliance with title IX.
              $6-$800 seems relatively manageable.
              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                Someone else understands math.
                Too bad the pot will probably be half the size too...
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  Too bad the pot will probably be half the size too...
                  I doubt the pot will be half what it would have been in a Minny/Bucky-less WCHA. Exactly what it ends up being depends very much on what these schools manage to negotiate for TV rights and how they handle the conference tourny. On the TV side, much may ride with Notre Dame. The Irish are a national name with a national following, and if Notre Dame ends up in the new conference it probably ups the TV value by quite a bit. If Notre Dame goes elsewhere, the TV value of the new league is much less.

In the end, I doubt the pot will be less than it would have been in the new WCHA. It could be more. And that is why this is happening. My bet is these 6 schools expect the pot to grow based on this move.
                  sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                    Too bad it be overshadowed by the US Women's Soccer team making it to the World Cup Finals.
                    I think you mean 'too funny' that it will be overshadowed by women's soccer.
                    Originally posted by dicaslover
                    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                      I doubt the pot will be half what it would have been in a Minny/Bucky-less WCHA. Exactly what it ends up being depends very much on what these schools manage to negotiate for TV rights and how they handle the conference tourny. On the TV side, much may ride with Notre Dame. The Irish are a national name with a national following, and if Notre Dame ends up in the new conference it probably ups the TV value by quite a bit. If Notre Dame goes elsewhere, the TV value of the new league is much less.

In the end, I doubt the pot will be less than it would have been in the new WCHA. It could be more. And that is why this is happening. My bet is these 6 schools expect the pot to grow based on this move.
                      IF you get Notre Dame, this whole move makes sense to the Sioux-Per League. If not, I don't really see the SPL revenue really being more than half what it would have been in the B1Gless WCHA. The playoff structure is very important in determining this. Other than Grand Forks...there isn't a location that makes sense and there will be very little interest for this tournament from Minnesotans...But we'll never know since you guys abandoned the league before we could even see what the Final Five would be like without the B1Gs
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        IF you get Notre Dame, this whole move makes sense to the Sioux-Per League. If not, I don't really see the SPL revenue really being more than half what it would have been in the B1Gless WCHA. The playoff structure is very important in determining this. Other than Grand Forks...there isn't a location that makes sense and there will be very little interest for this tournament from Minnesotans...But we'll never know since you guys abandoned the league before we could even see what the Final Five would be like without the B1Gs
                        Only other place I forsee is maybe if the get the new 12,000 seat arena in Sioux Falls. http://siouxfalls.org/eventscenter

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                          Bettman and Ebersol's (NBC) vision is to strategically target and catalyze the growth of NHL hockey viewership in key hockey markets throughout the US. Could NBC be persuaded to adopt a vision that includes investing in the college hockey media market generated by the Super League?
                          Bettman and Ebersol are idiots. Ebersol lost NBC tens of millions of dollars and no longer works for them.

Are people seriously this dense to think that this new conference is going to get a major cable deal? Wake up. Aside from Denver, you have Grand Forks, Duluth, Oxford, Colorado Springs and Omaha. In other words, one media market worth anything. Schools with enrollments that are at most 1/3 the size of the Big Ten schools. The Big Ten schools are also all schools with huge followings outside their immediate metro areas. NO ONE WILL WATCH THESE GAMES.
                          Originally posted by SJHovey
                          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                          Originally posted by Brenthoven
                          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                            That was a hell of a game. I got to I gave up on them with 3 minutes left in the extra session, right before the goal of the decade.
                            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                              That was a hell of a game. I got to I gave up on them with 3 minutes left in the extra session, right before the goal of the decade.
                              It was probably one of the most amazing moments in US National sports...time to win the last two rounds to make it count.

Comment

Is anyone taking odds on whether or not Donald is going to tyrannize us with another midnight baby fit?
                                Originally posted by vizoroo
                                Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                                Originally posted by duper
                                I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                                Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                                Originally posted by dggoddard
                                Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X