X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The end of leagues as we know?

Originally posted by Osorojo View Post
    What's to keep BSU and UND from playing a non-conference game at a neutral site midway between the schools, someplace like Erskine or Maple Lake?
    Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
    Oh, I don't know, maybe the lack of a 5-10,000 seat arena?
    This is what happens when people get "smarter" by looking at a map on the interwebs. Not only lack of a 5-10,000 seat arena, how about lack of ANY KIND OF HOCKEY RINK (besides maybe an outdoor) in either town? If Osorojo wanted to make any kind of educated comment on this topic, maybe suggesting the teams play in Thief River Falls or Crookston (not to mention Warroad or Roseau) would be a better idea...
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass
    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      UAA along for the ride? Any conference involving these leftover teams will be wide open. All these teams will be on the same level recruiting and funding wise.
      UAF and UAA would be just fine in this supposed new conference. Hockey means enough to both schools that they aren't going to just idly stand by. Shoot, after all this dust settles it'll be nice to finally have the GC matter for something besides bragging.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Yep, it is obviously a sin for a tech fan to wear a sioux jersey DURING A MICHIGAN-RPI GAME!
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

They haven't given us a dime. The Mankato Civic Center was built with local funding, and is still being supported by a local-option sales tax.
          In reality you had the newest arena and in many peoples opinion didn't need state money. On the other hand, UMD and SCSU were old and needed it.
          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Should be an interesting conversation....

"Sources indicated that the remaining members of the WCHA — Alaska-Anchorage, Bemidji State, Michigan Tech, Minnesota State and St. Cloud State — were meeting via teleconference Thursday to discuss matters."

http://www.uscho.com/2011/07/07/five...#ixzz1RTY68Dl9

Comment

• Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
              In reality you had the newest arena and in many peoples opinion didn't need state money. On the other hand, UMD and SCSU were old and needed it.
              Fine, but we didn't get any state money when we built it, either. I was only addressing the idea that the Minnesota legislature built arenas all over the state.
              My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

• Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                What can they discuss? Who's the most screwed?
                My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                  Meeting probably went something like this:

If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

What can they discuss? Who's the most screwed?
                    Hopefully they discussed different strategies for headhunting. We have two seasons to beat the **** out of them.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Hopefully they discussed different strategies for headhunting. We have two seasons to beat the **** out of them.
                      Don't blame the players. I'm sure they didn't get a vote.

Comment

Don't blame the players. I'm sure they didn't get a vote.
                        Infantry doesn't get to decide whether or not to go to war.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Maybe if Tech would try "goalhunting" they wouldn't have both feet in the grave.
                          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                          Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                          The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                            Maybe if Tech would try "goalhunting" they wouldn't have both feet in the grave.
                            No, the blame for that is firmly on the shoulders of the B1G Mistake, UND and DU.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

No, the blame for that is firmly on the shoulders of the B1G Mistake, UND and DU.
                              Tech will still have a team and a league, they will just be DII like BGSU and NMU. Enjoy it, win a couple games. Buh-bye.
                              "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                              Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                              The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                              Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                                Tech will still have a team and a league, they will just be DII like BGSU and NMU. Enjoy it, win a couple games. Buh-bye.
                                *****http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_D60xnL33mvQ/SJpOjH8CwcI/AAAAAAAAADc/JcTvNBkxd20/s320/troll.gif******

Comment

Working...
                                X