Hamline Pipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamline Pipers

I guess I can now say something since D3WH has finally broken this story but Hamline HC Scott Bell has submitted his resignation apparently due to some differences of opinion with AD Bob Beaman. Scott Steffen's name has surfaced but only as a recommended candidate. more to certainly come very soon.

Re: Hamline Pipers

Steffen's??? Maybe Bell accepted the job at St. Thomas?

Comment

I have boatloads of respect for coach Bell from my few years covering the MIAC. Always personable, helpful, and did a great job turning around a downtrodden program. I have no doubt we'll see him in the coaching ranks again soon.
      2010 D-III NCAA Tournament Pick'em Champion (Perfect Bracket)
      2008-09 USCHO MIAC Correspondent
      2007-09 WGSU Geneseo Play-by-play announcer
      Bracketologist For That Other Site

Comment

Sounds about right regarding Beeman! Scott will be very hard to replace. Did just a superb job in putting Hamline program on the map.

Comment

Yea Scotty was pretty awesome and his players loved to play for him. Not sure why Beeman doesn't give hockey the credibility as the other sports. However, I am impressed with Scott Steffan's resume. Maybe not a well known entity outside of Minny but sounds like a great up and newcomer with a lot of passion. Just ask a dew NHLers. Remains to be seen which direction Beeman will go. That's the scary part.

Comment

Heard that Beeman had tried to force Scott out earlier and was going replace him at that time with hockey coach he had at his last job at Lawrence. He has yet to hire anyone at HU that has turned around a program. All the successful coaches are Tressel or O'Brien hires.

Comment

Most of HU men's teams are good. I don't understand why the guy is on the bench and in the locker room? Im sure he met with each coach when hired. Trust your coaches dude.

Comment

Originally posted by PiperFan View Post
                Heard that Beeman had tried to force Scott out earlier and was going replace him at that time with hockey coach he had at his last job at Lawrence. He has yet to hire anyone at HU that has turned around a program. All the successful coaches are Tressel or O'Brien hires.
                I've heard the same thing about a Lawrence coach who is a friend of Beeman as a possible replacement. Not sure who it is though.

Comment

Originally posted by puckrfactor View Post
                  I've heard the same thing about a Lawrence coach who is a friend of Beeman as a possible replacement. Not sure who it is though.
                  Ruhly? I think Bell will be very missed at Hamline.

Comment

The current head coach at Lawrence is Mike Szkodzinski. I don't know anything about any potential contacts between him and Beaman, though.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      The current head coach at Lawrence is Mike Szkodzinski. I don't know anything about any potential contacts between him and Beaman, though.
                      Maybe this would add some insight.
                      Larry Normandin
                      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

You know, one of these days I'm going to learn how to use this whole "internet" thing.
                        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Skodzinski would be a reputable candidate it seems, although I'm not sure why/if he consider a move. Word is Bell has recommended former Hamline player Scott Steffen who has trained/ coached numerous NHL and collegians. Has been assistant coach at Hill-Murray School and has also been recently successful with the Minnesota Blades program. Anyone else have info/comments/opinions on these two candidates?

Comment

Mike Szkodzinski is also Director of Athletics at Lawrence.
                            Larry Normandin
                            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Bell out of coaching as a profession. Hopes to stay active in the MN Elite League.

Comment

Working...
                              X